Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

General Chat General discussion. Want to chat about anything not covered in another forum - This is the place!

Old 05-02-2013, 04:10 PM #1

Default Sky+ Android app enables Sky TV remote control

Sky has today made its latest Sky+ mobile app available on Android, enabling users to control their TV experience with a smartphone or tablet running Google's operating system.

Any customers with an internet-connected Sky+ HD box can download the updated app onto an Android device from Google Play to get the new features.

They can then use their Android smartphone or tablet to change channels, as well as pause, play and rewind TV with a swipe or tap of the finger on screen.

Sky customers can also manage their planner through the Sky+ Android app, allowing them to add or delete recordings stored on the Sky box without interrupting their viewing.

Other features on the app include a TV guide covering the entire week's schedule, along with the ability to set remote recordings on individual programmes or entire series.

Users can get recommendations of programmes they may like and also manage recording clashes. Sky said that on-demand listings will be added to the Android app "later this year".

To get the full functionality of the Sky+ app, users must connect their compatible Sky+ HD box to the same WiFi network as their Android device.

Optimised for both smartphones and tablets, the Sky+ app is available on all Android devices running OS 2.2 Froyo and above. All users on devices running 2.1 or below will not get the new features, but will still be able to use the app.

Digital Spy

It's just a matter of updating your Sky+ app. Works rather well.
Mrluvaluva is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:15 PM #2
User banned

User banned

It's cool, but pretty pointless. I'd rather use my remote control instead of wasting money by using the wifi.
Me. I Am Salman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:29 PM #3

If you have unlimited wi-fi, like a lot of people have now, it's not a problem. The benefits of this, is that you can use it from anywhere in your home, as remote controls generally do not work through walls etc. You get the added extra of viewing your planner etc on your device, rather than just on the TV. Handy too if you misplace your remote or it breaks down. It's also great for winding other people up watching TV when they don't know you have it.
Mrluvaluva is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:34 PM #4
User banned

User banned

idk what my wifi is
Me. I Am Salman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
android, app, control, enables, remote, sky, tv