Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB14 Channel 5's Big Brother: Secrets and Lies (aka Big Brother 14) started June 13th 2013 and was won by Sam Evans.

Discuss the series and housemates here.

Old 26-07-2013, 09:12 AM #26
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedusa View Post
Thanks Joeysteele.........But honestly there's a limit even for me as to how much more meddling in BB I can stand, this latest twist is so far outside of all the normal rules of BB that it destroys any last remaining integrity the show once had. Now the producers are saying they can and will do absolutely anything to anybody if they think it will keep the ratings high and the phone votes coming in.

But the cost of this is that the programme is finished as all real BB fans will finally admit that their show has gone........ replaced with this nonsense

Shame really cos I used to love watching BB and seeing who could play the game the best, now of course its hard to play the game when there are no rules or they are being made up by the producers on a week by week basis..

Totally agree again, this twist is a step too far for me. I especially agree too with your last paragraph.
Glad I am not the only one to see it that way.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-07-2013, 11:16 AM #27

If it results in Dan being evicted, it will be a complete travesty. I hope Dan refuses to do any of the post eviction interviews/ tasks. He is way above the gaggle of old witches that have already been booted.

Last edited by Daffodil; 26-07-2013 at 11:16 AM.
Daffodil is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-07-2013, 11:26 AM #28
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by kefln View Post
99% of HMs walk away with nothing at all. And most can do nothing about it.

This is a normal eviction week, with full audience participation, lowest total goes.

The only difference here is that the HMs are unaware that they are up. Which is good idea on the surface, as we get to judge them on their personalities, not last ditch attempts to look interesting.

They all signed up for a show that votes people off. So in fairness its not a huge twist .
I've answered you once at length and if you still cannot see the difference between this twist and others that this one totally excludes the housemates there is little point in doing so again.

I will try once more though.
Of course most of the housemates walk away with nothing but it usually comes after being nominated by housemates and then voted out by the public.
If BB can just engineer these sort of evictions then there is little point in having a nominations process at all.
Old 26-07-2013, 11:47 AM #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post

Of course most of the housemates walk away with nothing but it usually comes after being nominated by housemates and then voted out by the public.
If BB can just engineer these sort of evictions then there is little point in having a nominations process at all.
Very well said.
Daffodil is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-07-2013, 11:48 AM #30

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Quote:
I've answered you once at length and if you still cannot see the difference between this twist and others that this one totally excludes the housemates there is little point in doing so again.

Bravo Joey

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-07-2013, 12:26 PM #31

This twist would have been so much more acceptable to the public if they had some part in it. Ie...the public should have voted for who went in the safe house. Instead these people weren't chosen by the HM or the public. Just not right.
Kris is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-07-2013, 01:56 PM #32

Favourites (more):
BB15: Ashleigh
BB13: Lauren

Favourites (more):

Quote:

And Ive gone into detail on why I disagree with you.

The whole point of big brother is giving the audience the chance to vote for their favourites, or against those they dislike, until there is a winner. That is the core concept.

The rules however are a moving goal post, it is even stated in the rules that Big Brother can change the rules at anytime.

The prize at the end is the money, the reward for being the most liked by the public.

Tricking the HMs is nothing new. In fact it is fairly standard.

In previous years the right to nominate, or instant nomiation, have been used as punishments. BB have also put everyone up, which is essentially removing peoples right to vote. They have given the vote to family members, thus removing the power from the HMs. They have used the HMs nomination vts as tools to cause trouble in the house. They have had secret tasks where only one HMs opinion mattered. They have given secret tasks where a HM had to achieve xyz, or be put up whether the others wanted it that way or not. They have had a single HM stand up and nominate two people to be put up, on based on their first impressions. They have had nominees swapped, saved, changed, despite having been nominated by their follow HMs. Not to mention the safe house, where people who have been nominated, and evicted in the eyes if the others, have in fact been given special access to the footage of the house.

This weeks twist is a minor thing. And it is still the audiences choice on who goes. And that is what BB is meant to be about.

Last edited by kefln; 26-07-2013 at 01:57 PM.
kefln is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-07-2013, 01:59 PM #33

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris View Post
This twist would have been so much more acceptable to the public if they had some part in it. Ie...the public should have voted for who went in the safe house. Instead these people weren't chosen by the HM or the public. Just not right.
To a certain extent I agree.

But this twist is meant to play with their heads, increase paranoia and really shake things up.
Old 26-07-2013, 02:03 PM #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visage View Post
This week's twist has certainly got the forum talking, with some hating it and others loving it.

I can't remember the full details, but didn't Lisa I'Anson go out in a nasty twist?

I seem to recall they called her to the diary (probably Wed night) to inform her the public had been voting and she had the most votes, therefore had to leave the house through the diary room door and none of the housemates were aware of this.

So, if I remember correctly, this isn't the first for BB with a nasty twist to evict an housemate.
Also, Stuart (I think that was his name) a male model in BB2 or 3.Think it was the same year as Jon Tickell (sp)
Speedster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-07-2013, 02:57 PM #35
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris View Post
I'd have been happy with that too as opposed to this, I also would have been quite happy if the wholehouse had been put up also, the main house and safe house, no problem with that at all.

(As to Stuart in BB2, I think he was nominated by housemates to be up against Paul and was evicted with a large chunk of the votes cast.)

Last edited by joeysteele; 26-07-2013 at 03:07 PM.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
nomination, shock, twist, week