Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB14 Channel 5's Big Brother: Secrets and Lies (aka Big Brother 14) started June 13th 2013 and was won by Sam Evans.

Discuss the series and housemates here.

Old 28-07-2013, 11:13 PM #1

Default Rare post, my thoughts so far

This is rare for me but I thought I would share my thoughts of this year so far. I love reading the posts on here after the show to see if other people are thinking the same as me.

Firstly I have to say that I think this year has been strangely brilliant as I don't particularly warm to any of the housemates like I have in every series before, yet I am fascinated to see what is going to happen next.

I have loved Emma doing the live show, it has seemed a million times more natural and genuine than Brian or even Davina towards her last series. That for me though has been at a huge price, BBOTS! Last year I preferred BBOTS to the highlights show! This year I can only watch when Emma presents otherwise I want to smash the TV. I dont dislike Rylan or AJ, they just don't seem natural like Emma.

However I decided to give the post eviction BBOTS another shot this week. Big mistake! That put me off for good!

Why did they have to bring on that utter dick Ian. Insulting viewers who after all keep the show going and pay his fees, he is just incipid! Pete Burns was scathing but he more often based his brand of attack on common sense. Where as Ian thinks he is witty and clever when he just isn't at all!

The reason I watched this week was because although I wasn't crazy about Dan I did feel sorry for him. It really wasnt his time to go. I couldn't stand him to start with but he grew more on me and I would have liked to have seen him more.

Now I feel the opposite for Callum, for weeks I have been saying he is a nice guy just trying anything to fit in, what's so wrong with that. Now though he just irritates me!

I feel a bit sorry for Hazel, if it was one of my friends that went through that with Dailey, regardless of cause I would want to support her yet the public don't. She isn't perfect but who is.

I have enjoyed Gina a lot, not because I like her, I just like her candid honesty.

Charlie, dull, dull, dull, grow a pair and just tell two fools your not interested at any level.

The twins! I don't undertand why they are so unpopular, I found them quite entertaining.

Sam just irritates the crap out of me, but I think it's because no one else in there is really on his wave length to let him show his personality.

Anyway like I say I dont post very often so I would love to hear if my thinking is right or wrong.

Thanks
Hofman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-07-2013, 11:15 PM #2
jackc1806

Favourites (more):
BB14: Gina
CBB 11: Speidi
jackc1806

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hofman View Post
This is rare for me but I thought I would share my thoughts of this year so far. I love reading the posts on here after the show to see if other people are thinking the same as me.

Firstly I have to say that I think this year has been strangely brilliant as I don't particularly warm to any of the housemates like I have in every series before, yet I am fascinated to see what is going to happen next.

I have loved Emma doing the live show, it has seemed a million times more natural and genuine than Brian or even Davina towards her last series. That for me though has been at a huge price, BBOTS! Last year I preferred BBOTS to the highlights show! This year I can only watch when Emma presents otherwise I want to smash the TV. I dont dislike Rylan or AJ, they just don't seem natural like Emma.

However I decided to give the post eviction BBOTS another shot this week. Big mistake! That put me off for good!

Why did they have to bring on that utter dick Ian. Insulting viewers who after all keep the show going and pay his fees, he is just incipid! Pete Burns was scathing but he more often based his brand of attack on common sense. Where as Ian thinks he is witty and clever when he just isn't at all!

The reason I watched this week was because although I wasn't crazy about Dan I did feel sorry for him. It really wasnt his time to go. I couldn't stand him to start with but he grew more on me and I would have liked to have seen him more.

Now I feel the opposite for Callum, for weeks I have been saying he is a nice guy just trying anything to fit in, what's so wrong with that. Now though he just irritates me!

I feel a bit sorry for Hazel, if it was one of my friends that went through that with Dailey, regardless of cause I would want to support her yet the public don't. She isn't perfect but who is.

I have enjoyed Gina a lot, not because I like her, I just like her candid honesty.

Charlie, dull, dull, dull, grow a pair and just tell two fools your not interested at any level.

The twins! I don't undertand why they are so unpopular, I found them quite entertaining.

Sam just irritates the crap out of me, but I think it's because no one else in there is really on his wave length to let him show his personality.

Anyway like I say I dont post very often so I would love to hear if my thinking is right or wrong.

Thanks
It's okay, don't worry about it
Old 28-07-2013, 11:18 PM #3
Banned

Favourites (more):

Banned

Favourites (more):

Me too about the twins, They are so so funny and they have lost a lot of weight too, it must be very difficult for them when the hatch opens each day and there are no happy meals being handed over. No toy, nothing.

Last edited by Johnnyuk123; 28-07-2013 at 11:18 PM.
Johnnyuk123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-07-2013, 11:21 PM #4
R.I.P. Kerry

R.I.P. Kerry

Great post.

I agree with you on Emma and how it's been at the cost of BOTS, though we're still treated to Emma midweek.

Your thoughts on Callum are opposite to me, I didn't like him in the first week and now I want him to finish in the top two.

I also see differently from you on the twins, they try too hard to play the comedians that it just feels forced and unfunny.

Quote:

Thanks
You should post more, I enjoyed reading your thoughts on the housemates.
Old 28-07-2013, 11:22 PM #5

thanks for the reply!

Boy looking at the Twins pre launch photos to now, they both look really good! hope they can see the change for themselves.
Old 28-07-2013, 11:25 PM #6
Banned

Favourites (more):

Banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
thanks for the reply!

Boy looking at the Twins pre launch photos to now, they both look really good! hope they can see the change for themselves.
They will be so happy when they leave the house to hear chants of... the thins. Good on you boys for not eating during any episode it has to be commended.
Old 28-07-2013, 11:26 PM #7
Lion Queen

Favourites (more):
BB14: Dexter
I'm a Celeb 2012: David Haye
Lion Queen

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnyuk123 View Post
Me too about the twins, They are so so funny and they have lost a lot of weight too, it must be very difficult for them when the hatch opens each day and there are no happy meals being handed over. No toy, nothing.

hey, I noticed one of the twins had lost weight tonight too, I'm not being mean, I think the BB process could be good for them

Me
Tozzie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-07-2013, 11:29 PM #8
♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
BBUSA22: Janelle

♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
BBUSA22: Janelle

I'm guessing you left out Sophie because she's invisible?

Spoiler:

reece(: is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-07-2013, 11:32 PM #9

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith
Love Island 6: Sophie

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith
Love Island 6: Sophie

Quote:

Thanks
Delighted you came on board to share your thoughts Hofman and I agree with almost all of them. Would love you to continue posting any views you have. You are most welcome xx
rionablue is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-07-2013, 11:32 PM #10
Banned

Favourites (more):

Banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tozzie View Post
hey, I noticed one of the twins had lost weight tonight too, I'm not being mean, I think the BB process could be good for them
They will come out to cheers and get offers to host supermarket sweep.
Old 28-07-2013, 11:34 PM #11

Thanks Visage, that's very kind of you to say.

I would post more but I read some people getting 'catty' and I shy away. I'm one of those people that has opinions of their own but I'm really interested in how others think differently. I don't think anyone is right or wrong, it's just interesting to try and understand what other people see that I don't then rationalise my own thoughts.

It's like the polls on here, they are almost always right but when they aren't it throws be a bit when a true fan site can get the result so different to the bigger general public.

As for Callum I really did feel for him when Jackie attacked him and all he did was defend himself but it was twisted into aggressive, anything but, he showed more self restraint than I would have.

I miss having a loveable rogue like Aaron, he was the last housemate I got behind.
Old 28-07-2013, 11:38 PM #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by reece(: View Post
I'm guessing you left out Sophie because she's invisible?
That made me laugh! Pretty much so I'm afraid, she is a bit like like a crystal vase, very nice but just sits on the side gathering dust to be occasionally noticed. I had high hopes for her but very disappointing.
Old 28-07-2013, 11:41 PM #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnyuk123 View Post
They will come out to cheers and get offers to host supermarket sweep.
I hope so Johnny. I think they are two good lads who expected the whole thing to be more fun and in fareness to them I wouldn't have expected any different at their age.
Old 29-07-2013, 12:02 AM #14
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

I found your post a very interesting read, well balanced and fair not unpleasant in any way either.

I echo who said you should post more often, more posters like you make the forum an even better place to be than it already is.

Obviously I don't agree with every word but I hope we hear a lot more from you and I actually thank you for a very good summary of your thinking as to this series so far.

Last edited by joeysteele; 29-07-2013 at 12:02 AM.
joeysteele is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-07-2013, 12:09 AM #15
R.I.P. Kerry

R.I.P. Kerry

Quote:
Thanks Visage, that's very kind of you to say.

I would post more but I read some people getting 'catty' and I shy away.
Please don't let the catty remarks ruin your time on here, I do believe they are many great members who rise above those kind of remarks.

Though I must admit I drifted away from here at one point because it was like a been back at school and I was the nasty lollipop man...
Quote:

I'm one of those people that has opinions of their own but I'm really interested in how others think differently. I don't think anyone is right or wrong, it's just interesting to try and understand what other people see that I don't then rationalise my own thoughts.
Yes, that's what I love about this forum, sharing and learning other people's perception of the show and its housemates.

Quote:

As for Callum I really did feel for him when Jackie attacked him and all he did was defend himself but it was twisted into aggressive, anything but, he showed more self restraint than I would have.
I believe that grief he received off Jackie was the turning point for me.
Quote:
I miss having a loveable rogue like Aaron, he was the last housemate I got behind.
There will never be another Aaron....

However never say never
Old 29-07-2013, 12:09 AM #16
Lion Queen

Favourites (more):
Lion Queen

Favourites (more):

don't see Dex on that post but I may have missed it because I;m tired and old and its time for bed. Hoping you like my Dex but if not, thats ok, because I love him. Nice to meet you by the way x

Me
Old 29-07-2013, 12:11 AM #17
Lion Queen

Favourites (more):
Lion Queen

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visage View Post

There will never be another Aaron....

However never say never
Aaron was one of the best all time winners

Me
Old 29-07-2013, 12:15 AM #18
R.I.P. Kerry

R.I.P. Kerry

Quote:
Aaron was one of the best all time winners

Amazing housemate and so very much my all-time favourite. It was just sweet to see him beat Jay in the final, if you're going to do it, that's the way

Quote:
don't see Dex on that post but I may have missed it because I;m tired and old and its time for bed.

Night Tozzie, sleep well
Old 29-07-2013, 12:23 AM #19

Thanks for the replies they have been very kind and friendly, was thinking I may get bombarded with indifference.

Sorry I missed out Dexter, I find him the most interesting and complex of them all. His reactions to being saved come across as truly heart felt and that warms me to him but then I believe he is a very intelligent young man who is clever enough to fool everyone. I like to think he has been through tough times and has grown a very thick skin to protect himself but underneath is a desperate soul who wants to loved. It's a little jakel and Hyde so there is always a question mark for me. that being said he has been a massive contributor to the show this year and would win my vote over any fence sitter.

Do you think we see the real deal?
Old 29-07-2013, 12:44 AM #20
King

Favourites (more):
X Factor 2013: Sam Bailey
King

Favourites (more):
X Factor 2013: Sam Bailey

Quote:
Thanks for the replies they have been very kind and friendly, was thinking I may get bombarded with indifference.

Sorry I missed out Dexter, I find him the most interesting and complex of them all. His reactions to being saved come across as truly heart felt and that warms me to him but then I believe he is a very intelligent young man who is clever enough to fool everyone. I like to think he has been through tough times and has grown a very thick skin to protect himself but underneath is a desperate soul who wants to loved. It's a little jakel and Hyde so there is always a question mark for me. that being said he has been a massive contributor to the show this year and would win my vote over any fence sitter.

Do you think we see the real deal?
First of all very well written and comprehensive piece of writing agree wtih every word.... Secondly yep i do believe King Dexter is the real deal, It sounds like you're a Dexter fan so make sure you join the Dexter fanclub on here if you wanna join the club of the best enetertainer in BB14

Im_Juz_ChiLLin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
post, rare, thoughts