Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Music This forum is for discussing artists, singles, albums, the charts and anything music-related.

Old 06-08-2013, 03:34 PM #1
Jesus.

Jesus.

Default Podcast recommendations

Because I still have to do a lot of walking, I listen to a number of podcasts as I go about my business, to avoid being left talking to myself in my own head.

I'm always looking for new things to listen to, and I regularly dump, swap, and change.

So it's quite simple - recommend us all a podcast and tell us about it.

My current podcasts:

In our Time with Melvin Bragg - A panel of experts discuss a range of things, from history and religion, to science and medicine. Completely unmissable.

The infinite monkey cage - Brian Cox and Robin Ince discuss science. It's a light hearted podcast, and isn't too serious for people with an interest in science, but haven't reached Science level: Geek, as of yet.

The skeptics guide to the universe - A great podcast for people who enjoy science, and rational thinking.

WTF with Marc Maron - a really great podcast. Marc is an American comedian who interviews other people in comedy/music. These can get dark, and prying, and you won't see interviews like these on TV. He's interviewed some of my comedy and music heroes.

Those are the serious ones I listen to that remain constants.

I listen to a few footie ones as well, but they're a little less inclusive for everyone.

The anfield wrap - Liverpool podcast, but wins awards across football podcasting. A good listen for non-reds as well. They often get a dirty manc, or a bitter on.

Football weekly - the guardian
The game - The times
Football Ramble - a really good generic football podcast. It's actually a really good listen and the guys are pretty funny at times.

So recommend me a podcast.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
podcast, recommendations