Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB14 Channel 5's Big Brother: Secrets and Lies (aka Big Brother 14) started June 13th 2013 and was won by Sam Evans.

Discuss the series and housemates here.

Old 10-08-2013, 07:29 PM #51
Germyle

Favourites (more):
BB16: Cristian
CBB 13: Dappy

Germyle

Favourites (more):
BB16: Cristian
CBB 13: Dappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex View Post
Debate my arse!...You always say that you are "debating" when it is clear to see that you do not have a clue what the word "debate" means!
All that you have done since you sided with Creepy Callum against Dexter is post crap threads like this one, in a lame attempt to push your agenda , which is to propagate your erroneous and quite frankly 'irrational' hatred of a housemate that patently does not warrant such treatment!

This is not a valid thread in which jovial 'debate' can flourish...this "hate mail" that has been posted by a broken hearted Callum fan that is hell bent on revenge for their idol!...You may not believe it, but I am actually trying to be kind in advising you that by taking all of this too seriously is just not good for you!...Chill out, it's just "characters on a gameshow" not real life at all!
Dexter is not an angel..or the devil incarnate...nor was Callum! [just a bigger prick that wasn't as likable]....so to make [yet another] hate thread trying to compare Dexter's situation with Daley's is just another desperate attempt to stick a ****ty boot into the man...And definitely not a [B]SERIOUS DEBATE![/B

And I also find your posts to me both condescending and rude!!!So from now on ...count me out!
What you just posted is utter ****e.

Chill out? Coming from the poster who can't admit anything dexter has done wrong?
Mate i support callum but that doesn't effect my mood towards dexter, its just people like you that only have selective reading and only interpret stuff in order to benefit them.
I admit dexter is a great housemate but i just dont like him, and if anything hes done with women is actually true as he said in his VT then im sorry theres just no reason for me to like him.

And also thank lord, i will count you out because you are seriously incapable of handling a discussion without turning it into a sarcastic or joke or even an attack at me to just boost your ego.

So shoo! Shoo!

Gerrout

Last edited by Jemal; 10-08-2013 at 07:29 PM.
Jemal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:29 PM #52

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
Because it was her that said it on BOTS too?

Granted she said it was a test, but she did admit to giving it.
Well he failed the test miserably then. The 2 timing little swine.
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:31 PM #53
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampvt View Post
Lex in future tell it how it is please stop pussy footing around with compliments and the like.
lol, Lex has been unleashed!

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:40 PM #54

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazanne View Post
I was trying to see how much of a man he was I was sadly disappointed or maybe I'm too choosey
You could always use a magnifying glass Kazanne.
Old 10-08-2013, 07:47 PM #55
Lion Queen

Favourites (more):
BB14: Dexter
I'm a Celeb 2012: David Haye
Lion Queen

Favourites (more):
BB14: Dexter
I'm a Celeb 2012: David Haye

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampvt View Post
Tozzie I don't hate him, in fact I don't hate anyone on the show because they are puppets for our amusement but I do love to stand alone and argue the toss with people who view people like Dexter as something or someone that needs to be revered.

I am 60 plus and believe that lies, profanity, scams and deceit are traits that should be maligned not applauded and this year there are 2 stand out scammers that deserve my attention, namely Sweaty betty and the deluded Peter Pan scammer with more faces than a mirror ball, Dexter.

You see I think the show should be full of interesting and somewhat quirky characters set in an environment where merriment and joviality reigns supreme when confrontation and showmances are prevalent not construed to gain an edge. Where the tasks are interesting and the competition and unfolding stories bring forth entertainment and hilarity. Once we have been able to choose our champion, they should be able to make a few quid off the back off the show but the noms and voting rules should be sacrosanct and set in stone not meddled with by dumb ass producers that are being driven by financial gain.

In short....do your job right at the selection stage, employ people that have vision for the tasks, provide presenters that can report the news without bias and allow the show to find its own momentum. That way the viewing figures will grow and we can all play daft buggers on here without needing to defend the undefendable.
I hear what you are saying Samp but I see BB as an entertainment show and I don't think people should take it so seriously. I myself don't take it seriously but I do see from posts on here that some people do because I sense their anger and hatred for certain housemates in what some people type and I do wonder why they are watching it if it makes them so angry. Life is hard enough without making it harder for ourselves getting all stressed out over a TV show. Sure, I play pop about the twins when they pick on Dexter but then I just think hey, this is a TV show, nothing to get worked up about. For me its kinda like an escapism for an hour a night. Dexter has made me laugh many times is the most quirkiest person I have ever seen on Big Brother, I have thoroughly enjoyed him. After next Friday we won't hear from most of them again and we'll move onto a set of new housemates. I'm not sure BB is designed to be taken as a serious show, I think it was initially but not now, its all about money and how much they can make from it now. By the way I'm in my early 50s and I don't like the profanity either but its how life is in the modern world mores the pity. I think should they choose the type of people such as you would like them to choose they may lose a lot of viewers, especially the younger viewer.

Me
Tozzie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:50 PM #56
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
Well he failed the test miserably then. The 2 timing little swine.
Yup. That he did.
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:54 PM #57
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tozzie View Post
I hear what you are saying Samp but I see BB as an entertainment show and I don't think people should take it so seriously. I myself don't take it seriously but I do see from posts on here that some people do because I sense their anger and hatred for certain housemates in what some people type and I do wonder why they are watching it if it makes them so angry. Life is hard enough without making it harder for ourselves getting all stressed out over a TV show. Sure, I play pop about the twins when they pick on Dexter but then I just think hey, this is a TV show, nothing to get worked up about. For me its kinda like an escapism for an hour a night. Dexter has made me laugh many times is the most quirkiest person I have ever seen on Big Brother, I have thoroughly enjoyed him. After next Friday we won't hear from most of them again and we'll move onto a set of new housemates. I'm not sure BB is designed to be taken as a serious show, I think it was initially but not now, its all about money and how much they can make from it now. By the way I'm in my early 50s and I don't like the profanity either but its how life is in the modern world mores the pity. I think should they choose the type of people such as you would like them to choose they may lose a lot of viewers, especially the younger viewer.

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Old 10-08-2013, 07:55 PM #58

Favourites:
BB13: Caroline

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl View Post
If his ''girlfriend'' has no problem with it, i don't see why anyone else should
+1

Dexter seems happy to see where things go with Charlie, and his "girlfriend" seems happy with that as well and continues to support him. Neither of them seem to have a problem with the way things are playing out, all parties are quite content by the looks of it. Why should we have a problem with it if they don't?

Contrast to the Daley situation, where his GF seemed genuinely hurt and heartbroken over the entire thing, they're entirely different situations. But I guess a situation where all parties are content and satisfied isn't a great talking point, so let's lump Dexter in with Daley because it's much more negative and fun for us lol
MatthewS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 08:04 PM #59

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewS View Post
+1

Dexter seems happy to see where things go with Charlie, and his "girlfriend" seems happy with that as well and continues to support him. Neither of them seem to have a problem with the way things are playing out, all parties are quite content by the looks of it. Why should we have a problem with it if they don't?

Contrast to the Daley situation, where his GF seemed genuinely hurt and heartbroken over the entire thing, they're entirely different situations. But I guess a situation where all parties are content and satisfied isn't a great talking point, so let's lump Dexter in with Daley because it's much more negative and fun for us lol
I wouldn't exactly lump Dexter in with Daley as regards the G/F scenario but he did flirt with the girls and he did say some pretty dubious things about women in the past and implied he used them in a less than respectful way. I wonder what his G/F thought about that. He seems like a shady kind of character to me.
Having said that, he has been entertaining at times and he so badly wants to win it's pitiful so I can see why some people like him. Not me though.
Old 10-08-2013, 08:08 PM #60
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I wouldn't exactly lump Dexter in with Daley as regards the G/F scenario but he did flirt with the girls and he did say some pretty dubious things about women in the past and implied he used them in a less than respectful way. I wonder what his G/F thought about that. He seems like a shady kind of character to me.
Having said that, he has been entertaining at times and he so badly wants to win it's pitiful so I can see why some people like him. Not me though.
In fairness they all want to win, not sure who your fav is but the week Sam was up he looked like he was going to wet himself, and afterwards asking Callum about the crowd reaction to him indicates he is kinda bothered. It's not pitiful to want to win BB or 100,000, it's the premise of the show and what most enter to do.

Old 10-08-2013, 08:09 PM #61
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

Dexter doesn't have a girlfriend. Charlotte admitted on twitter that they only dated twice and now she has a new boyfriend. But she's still supporting him to win.
Old 10-08-2013, 08:10 PM #62
Texas Forever

Favourites (more):
BB18: Raph

Texas Forever

Favourites (more):
BB18: Raph

hall pass - " Permission given by your lover to fool around with another person outside your relationship."

ridiculous thread
Drew. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 08:12 PM #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im_Juz_ChiLLin View Post
she tweeted yesterday that she is happy for dexter to hang out with Charlie because she has a new bf and wishes him the best OF LUCK.... are you gonna think for her as well now?
To me, saying she has a 'new boyfriend' would imply she was dating Dexter but has since moved on. Dexter or Charlie wouldn't have known she's moved on so they are both the same as Daley and Hazel.

Well, Charlie hasn't really done much but if she fancied him I wouldn't put it passed her. Dexter is exactly the same as Daley imo
Scream is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 08:14 PM #64

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
In fairness they all want to win, not sure who your fav is but the week Sam was up he looked like he was going to wet himself, and afterwards asking Callum about the crowd reaction to him indicates he is kinda bothered. It's not pitiful to want to win BB or 100,000, it's the premise of the show and what most enter to do.
Well Dexter lets it show more than most. I've never seen anyone openly show such relief when spared eviction. Maybe its part of his gameplan.
Old 10-08-2013, 08:16 PM #65

Favourites:

Favourites:

But didn't Daley know his GF for a long time? They've were dating for a while...

Dexter and his 'girlfriend' apparently only went out twice before he went into the house, and it sounds like they had a conversation that he could do what he wanted if he felt compelled to. Seems pretty amicable. Truth be told, I wouldn't even consider someone my 'girlfriend' after only 2 dates, that seems a little off to me...
MatthewS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 08:16 PM #66
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Well Dexter lets it show more than most. I've never seen anyone openly show such relief when spared eviction. Maybe its part of his gameplan.
I know that is funny, there is an appreciation thread somewhere about it.

Old 10-08-2013, 08:16 PM #67
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scream View Post
To me, saying she has a 'new boyfriend' would imply she was dating Dexter but has since moved on. Dexter or Charlie wouldn't have known she's moved on so they are both the same as Daley and Hazel.

Well, Charlie hasn't really done much but if she fancied him I wouldn't put it passed her. Dexter is exactly the same as Daley imo
They only went out twice. It was hardly a proper relationship.
Old 10-08-2013, 08:17 PM #68
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewS View Post
But didn't Daley know his GF for a long time? They've were dating for a while...

Dexter and his 'girlfriend' apparently only went out twice before he went into the house, and it sounds like they had a conversation that he could do what he wanted if he felt compelled to. Seems pretty amicable. Truth be told, I wouldn't even consider someone my 'girlfriend' after only 2 dates, that seems a little off to me...
This is true. Dexter friend Jen confirmed it on twitter. That's why Charlotte still supports Dexter to win.
Old 10-08-2013, 08:22 PM #69

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scream View Post

True. When it comes to flirting, it's the same as Daley and Hazel.
Admittedly Daley and Hazel were a lot more intense.

Last edited by jet; 10-08-2013 at 08:24 PM.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
daley, dexter, situation