Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB14 Channel 5's Big Brother: Secrets and Lies (aka Big Brother 14) started June 13th 2013 and was won by Sam Evans.

Discuss the series and housemates here.

Old 15-08-2013, 03:00 PM #51
Jesus.

Jesus.

If I was offered 50k to leave on the first day, I'd take it. Never mind with a few days left.

Let's be honest, it's not a journey in the BB house and I doubt I'd learn anything about myself I didn't already know. That money would pay a huge chunk of mortgage off, and keep Mollie in kibble for another 2 weeks at least.

That's a position that I'd take over any perceived experience.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-08-2013, 03:04 PM #52
Lion Queen

Favourites (more):
BB14: Dexter
I'm a Celeb 2012: David Haye
Lion Queen

Favourites (more):
BB14: Dexter
I'm a Celeb 2012: David Haye

Quote:
Originally Posted by anniek76 View Post
I absolutely would take the money. I don't owe them any loyalty....I wouldn't screw over friends in the same but in this situation I would absolutely take the money. It doesn't make me corrupt.
Dexter certainly doesn't owe a single one of those housemates any loyalty, they have all at some point been nasty buggers towards him.

Me
Tozzie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-08-2013, 03:15 PM #53

Would take it in a heartbeat. Even if I was fave to win you are winning what is being offered as someone else in there would obviously take it.

Brother Leon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-08-2013, 03:36 PM #54
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tozzie View Post
Dexter certainly doesn't owe a single one of those housemates any loyalty, they have all at some point been nasty buggers towards him.
..I don't think any of them owe each other anything over themselves Tozzie, and it has nothing to do with honour or being selfish, if BB offered it and so long as it was offered fairly so that everyone had an opportunity then accepting it would be extremely logical as opposed to taking the risk of losing and having no money at all...£50,000 would change most people's lives in some way....
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-08-2013, 03:55 PM #55
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
It does appeal to a certain Machiavellian attitude to cut and run, and people like conor and dexter fit that stereotype very well.
They know it's unlikely they will win based on their own merits so decide to 'take' what they can.
Now now Kiz you cannot compare Conor and Dexter, two totally different characters

Personally I don't mind BB messing with the prize fund now, in Aarons year they had not done it before so I thought that was unfair, but now it has been done twice, the HMs must expect it. Personally I think I would take the money

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-08-2013, 04:29 PM #56
His blood is bad.

Favourites (more):
BBUSA21: Kathryn
BBUSA20: Brett

His blood is bad.

Favourites (more):
BBUSA21: Kathryn
BBUSA20: Brett

Anyone that says they would refuse it hands down without even thinking about it have got to be joking..50K straight up instead of taking a 1/5 chance of getting 100K? yeah i'd take the 50

Last edited by Ramsay; 15-08-2013 at 04:29 PM.
Ramsay is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-08-2013, 07:10 PM #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
..I honestly don't know what you're trying to say..you asked a question whether people would take the money and some people would..you wouldn't, that's cool, that's your decision...some housemates go in for the money and some for other reasons but I doubt they would go in and put themselves up for such public scrutiny and sometimes humiliation if there was no money involved as well...it doesn't make anyone less moral if they would take the money or more honourable if they wouldn't...BB wouldn't be able to change to prize fund if it was fixed in their contract so they all know what could happen and they've all played their game and survived eviction until now so if one of them doesn't want to risk going away with no money and would rather leave now with £50,000 but forego their moment in an eviction then that doesn't make them any a lesser person than anyone else...
Correct. They will be told that BB can change the rules at any time. BB is meant to play the housemates not the other way round.
The money has been changed a few times. When Liam Mc Gough was given £100K at the beginning of a BB the rest did not walk out. They continued with the game.
The much talked of Aaron made an agreement with Jay to halve the £50,000 when he was waiting to hear which one of them had won because he could hear the crowd chanting for Jay. He never paid up though when he went on to win because he only went in for the money which is why he was such a miserable housemate.
Some of these housemates have a hidden agenda and they really do want the money but at the same time most housemates really do enjoy ten weeks holiday thinking they have no way of winning.
£50,000 is a serious amount of money and if anyone offered it to me I would take it as long as it was legit. Never look a gift horse in the mouth.
boomoo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-08-2013, 08:05 PM #58

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Shane Jenek
CBB20: Sandi Bogle

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Shane Jenek
CBB20: Sandi Bogle

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
I would have taken the money....but I would not have lied out of my ass about it like Dexter has.
VERY true ,he,Gina deserve to win the show the least

Beth. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
big brother, fund, half, offered, prize