Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB14 Channel 5's Big Brother: Secrets and Lies (aka Big Brother 14) started June 13th 2013 and was won by Sam Evans.

Discuss the series and housemates here.

Old 16-08-2013, 07:52 AM #1

Default BB Engineered

Dexter being in the final.

They knew that Dexter would try and take the money and so they had the power and position to ensure that he would be there for the last week- I can imagine them all being sat around working out a way so that they could make him stay but looking like they hadn't influenced it.

They also had the ( BB) luxury of knowing that they could alter things if by some miracle someone had taken the £1 or a lot lower amount, they would have had contingency plans.

My bet if one of the others would have taken the pound BB would have let them walk out with it.

Last night was all about making sure that Dexter stayed for the last week.

What was Gina doing, I know she has being loosely allied to Dexter, but FFS it was like she was in on it, doing a good job of quelling any descent.
delta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-08-2013, 08:00 AM #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post

They knew that Dexter would try and take the money and so they had the power and position to ensure that he would be there for the last week- I can imagine them all being sat around working out a way so that they could make him stay but looking like they hadn't influenced it.

They also had the ( BB) luxury of knowing that they could alter things if by some miracle someone had taken the £1 or a lot lower amount, they would have had contingency plans.

My bet if one of the others would have taken the pound BB would have let them walk out with it.

What was Gina doing, I know she has being loosely allied to Dexter, but FFS it was like she was in on it, doing a good job of quelling any descent.

I totally agree. Also, the follow up question as to who to choose, Sophie or Gina, would have been a different question, if someone else had picked a lower figure.
Gusto Brunt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-08-2013, 08:01 AM #3

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Favourites (more):

That thought did cross my mind tbh.BB knew Dexter would go for the cash.Idk
Northern Monkey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-08-2013, 08:02 AM #4
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

Even if they have engineered it the viewers had the power to vote him out umpteen times but have not done so...so and in the final they have the power to vote someone else as a winner.

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-08-2013, 10:53 AM #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
Even if they have engineered it the viewers had the power to vote him out umpteen times but have not done so...so and in the final they have the power to vote someone else as a winner.

What has the above got anything to do with the title of the thread.

There is one thing playing the game and the only person that has ever played this game as a game and not come in as them selves- eg: devious or angry etc was Victor- from the start Victor included the third person US - the viewers in everything he was going to do. Problem was he got totally phased when Michelle and Co were 'pretend' evicted. Anyway, that is how to play the game- pretend villain, pretend Machiavellian.

All that happened last night was that BB rewarded someone for being a devious little sh1t bag. He will now go on to act the same way he always has done when he gets out of the BB house.

As for you remarks about the GP keeping him in, well that says quite a lot about the IQ level of the people voting coupled with the fact there has been others that equally deserved to get the royal boot from the program.

As I have stated in another thread, if they wanted to test the true mettle of the man they should have let him walk with the 88k and let him open the suitcase live on national tv only for him to discover that he been played by the biggest player- BB and that the contents was Monoply money, then everyone joining in with the host shouting - Secret and Lies.....
delta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-08-2013, 11:14 AM #6

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Shane Jenek
CBB20: Sandi Bogle

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Shane Jenek
CBB20: Sandi Bogle

Quote:

Excellent , BB did change the rules to suit Dexter

Beth. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-08-2013, 04:13 PM #7

Quote:

Do you think Dex was in on it and knew not to choose Gina or BB would have another contingency to get Gina safe if Dex had chosen her?
Old 16-08-2013, 04:17 PM #8

BB engineered? Of course, its manipulated to gain votes for cash, sway public opinion that can be used for election/propaganda purposes.
Issac is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-08-2013, 04:17 PM #9

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
What has the above got anything to do with the title of the thread.

There is one thing playing the game and the only person that has ever played this game as a game and not come in as them selves- eg: devious or angry etc was Victor- from the start Victor included the third person US - the viewers in everything he was going to do. Problem was he got totally phased when Michelle and Co were 'pretend' evicted. Anyway, that is how to play the game- pretend villain, pretend Machiavellian.

All that happened last night was that BB rewarded someone for being a devious little sh1t bag. He will now go on to act the same way he always has done when he gets out of the BB house.

As for you remarks about the GP keeping him in, well that says quite a lot about the IQ level of the people voting coupled with the fact there has been others that equally deserved to get the royal boot from the program.

As I have stated in another thread, if they wanted to test the true mettle of the man they should have let him walk with the 88k and let him open the suitcase live on national tv only for him to discover that he been played by the biggest player- BB and that the contents was Monoply money, then everyone joining in with the host shouting - Secret and Lies.....
I like Dexter but i have to admit....That would've been Epic!!
Northern Monkey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-08-2013, 04:24 PM #10
0_o

0_o

I honestly think the problem was that noone picked 50k or below. They wouldnt give away over 50% of the prize fund. So they had a backup plan to give a final pass to someone (as the housemates has previously refused the final pass)

I fully believe that if someone had gone low..they would have left.
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-08-2013, 04:28 PM #11

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Keith Chegwin
CBB14: Gary

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Keith Chegwin
CBB14: Gary

It looked engineered to me. It would have been better if Dexter left with the money. Although to tempt a addicted Gambler with a gamble is a bit cruel.

Last edited by Pincho Paxton; 16-08-2013 at 04:29 PM.
Pincho Paxton is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
bb, engineered