Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB14 Channel 5's Big Brother: Secrets and Lies (aka Big Brother 14) started June 13th 2013 and was won by Sam Evans.

Discuss the series and housemates here.

Old 19-08-2013, 02:12 PM #26
Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Maybe in hindsight she shouldn't be doing BOTS too, but BOTS without her would be abysmal.
Old 19-08-2013, 03:12 PM #27

Oh God. Do we really need another thread about this bias nonsense. People really have selective hearing during these interviews. I am a huge Dexter supporter but if I have to read one more thread about this bias against him I'll scream. Last year they were somehow unfair to Deanna according to Deanna fans. She was in the final. The year before, the deck was somehow stacked against Aaron. He won. Dexter has an excellent chance to win tonight despite the fact the HOUSE (not the producers) have targeted him every week. If he doesnt, it will be beause of the the portion of voters who have and always will always vote for the nice and boring and cute. Stop with the silliness.

Last edited by pcro; 19-08-2013 at 03:14 PM.
pcro is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-08-2013, 03:42 PM #28

Emma is great stop getting on to her because she isnt going for Dexter.
Patricia4 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-08-2013, 03:42 PM #29

Anyway, yes I wish Emma would go. She's not very good and I don't think she sees BB as anything more than a stepping stone. I believe that she wants to be like that well-paid nonentity Holly Willoughby and have her own catalogue range, which is ironic when you think of the horrible clothes she wears.

Maybe Emma was a nice person once, but she seems to have bought into selling her soul for the usual money and fame. She was so delighted to describe the current BB as 'civilian' it was nauseating. She's part the celeb world where they think they perform heroics on a daily basis, and have contempt for 'ordinary' people. The irony is that many of us look at them aghast (as they lose every bit of self-respect), and think that nothing could be worse.
halfacrown is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-08-2013, 03:56 PM #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfacrown View Post
Anyway, yes I wish Emma would go. She's not very good and I don't think she sees BB as anything more than a stepping stone. I believe that she wants to be like that well-paid nonentity Holly Willoughby and have her own catalogue range, which is ironic when you think of the horrible clothes she wears.

Maybe Emma was a nice person once, but she seems to have bought into selling her soul for the usual money and fame. She was so delighted to describe the current BB as 'civilian' it was nauseating. She's part the celeb world where they think they perform heroics on a daily basis, and have contempt for 'ordinary' people. The irony is that many of us look at them aghast (as they lose every bit of self-respect), and think that nothing could be worse.
So, you are accusing Emma of simply seeing BB as a job. Would that not mean she would not care about its outcome then? But, then, this thread is based on the idea that she is somehow biased in her opinions, which would mean she somehow cares about the outcome would it not? Hmmm, very confusing.

Other things: She should be fired becasue she is getting paid and has become well known for being a television presenter? Odd.

The term civilian big brother has been used to distinguish it from celeb big brother for ages and expecially now that one starts right on top of the other. Simple facts.

I think people have run out of things to complain about. Resulting in these types of nonsense threads.

Last edited by pcro; 19-08-2013 at 03:57 PM.
Old 19-08-2013, 04:32 PM #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcro View Post
So, you are accusing Emma of simply seeing BB as a job. Would that not mean she would not care about its outcome then? But, then, this thread is based on the idea that she is somehow biased in her opinions, which would mean she somehow cares about the outcome would it not? Hmmm, very confusing.

Other things: She should be fired becasue she is getting paid and has become well known for being a television presenter? Odd.

The term civilian big brother has been used to distinguish it from celeb big brother for ages and expecially now that one starts right on top of the other. Simple facts.

I think people have run out of things to complain about. Resulting in these types of nonsense threads.
Except I didn't say any of those things. For what it's worth, I think it's beside the point what Emma Willis thinks, I would prefer an impartial more professional style of presenter, who produces insights rather than favour anybody. People often become famous because they are unique and talented, in the case of the BB presenters, they seem lacking in either quality.

I don't care whether 'civilian' has been used before, I don't like it because of the implication behind the word.

Furthermore, I don't think it's worth getting the hump because somebody disagrees with you. I don't expect to change your mind, but I have my own opinion for good reason.
Old 19-08-2013, 04:42 PM #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfacrown View Post
I don't think it's worth getting the hump because somebody disagrees with you.
#irony
Old 19-08-2013, 05:38 PM #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcro View Post
#irony
Well a silly joker changes everything...

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
asap, emma