Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

The X Factor 2013 [S10] Series 10 of ITV's music reality show, The X Factor with judges Gary, Sharon, Nicole and Louis was broadcast August - December 2013. Sam Bailey was the winner.

Old 09-11-2013, 02:14 PM #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
I would be happy to be considered a sort of supporter of Sam C and I am a 21 year old male.
I don't think he is in any way as bad as some make him out to be.

All I have seen,(and the things I likely most about him), is his attitude to the show,admitting he is not the best singer there, also the way he accepts and takes the criticism,much of it grossly unfair from Gary particularly.
The man who put Frankie Cocoza into the 'live' finals and said it wasn't just about a voice.

In my view, Sam Callahan puts good effort into his performances and clearly works hard, you don't always have to be a really good singer in order to achieve success, the charts are full of people who sound good on record but are not in any way really good singers.

Sam Callahan is not going to win the X Factor,he is however one of the last 8 acts still remaining and his performances have been and are better than some of the others still there too.
I have a feeling he can get success and his voice is for sure in my opinion nowhere near as bad as is being made out.
I like him,I'd go and see him and would also likely buy his CD's too, I actually really liked his performance of 'All I want Is You', the 'U2' song he did.

His 'performances' have been just that 'performances' - based on jumping about the stage and appealling to gullible teenage girls. He and Louis know how to sell him to that particular fan base. They have nothing to do with talent and the ability to sing.

TV is full of tacky 'entertainment' shows giving attention seekers and wannabees the chance to sell themselves, but what many want to see is a genuine talent show where people with genuine talent have a chance to achieve their dreams and give the rest of us the chance to appreciate their talent - but unfortunately the ever increasing greed of the likes of Cowel and Walsh are denying us that.
sassysocks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 02:32 PM #102
User banned

Favourites (more):
CBB14: James
BB15: Matthew
User banned

Favourites (more):
CBB14: James
BB15: Matthew

Quote:
I would be happy to be considered a sort of supporter of Sam C and I am a 21 year old male.
I don't think he is in any way as bad as some make him out to be.

All I have seen,(and the things I likely most about him), is his attitude to the show,admitting he is not the best singer there, also the way he accepts and takes the criticism,much of it grossly unfair from Gary particularly.
The man who put Frankie Cocoza into the 'live' finals and said it wasn't just about a voice.

In my view, Sam Callahan puts good effort into his performances and clearly works hard, you don't always have to be a really good singer in order to achieve success, the charts are full of people who sound good on record but are not in any way really good singers.

Sam Callahan is not going to win the X Factor,he is however one of the last 8 acts still remaining and his performances have been and are better than some of the others still there too.
I have a feeling he can get success and his voice is for sure in my opinion nowhere near as bad as is being made out.
I like him,I'd go and see him and would also likely buy his CD's too, I actually really liked his performance of 'All I want Is You', the 'U2' song he did.
all of this.
Sophiee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 02:36 PM #103
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazanne View Post
That does nowt for me Arista,find me a MAN(you better get it right)
where do you find these gifs omfg

Last edited by Me. I Am Salman; 09-11-2013 at 02:37 PM.
Me. I Am Salman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 02:42 PM #104
Focus

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
DOI 2018: Kem Cetinay

Focus

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
DOI 2018: Kem Cetinay

-poor singer
-arrogant
-not naturally likable

Jords is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 04:24 PM #105
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassysocks View Post
His 'performances' have been just that 'performances' - based on jumping about the stage and appealling to gullible teenage girls. He and Louis know how to sell him to that particular fan base. They have nothing to do with talent and the ability to sing.

TV is full of tacky 'entertainment' shows giving attention seekers and wannabees the chance to sell themselves, but what many want to see is a genuine talent show where people with genuine talent have a chance to achieve their dreams and give the rest of us the chance to appreciate their talent - but unfortunately the ever increasing greed of the likes of Cowel and Walsh are denying us that.
I've seen others just jumping about too.
In fact for 2 of the previous 3 weeks and therefore half the shows so far,Sam C has done none of what you say above,he actually sang pretty good 2 ballads with no jumping about just singing the song and in fact in my view,singing them rather well too.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 05:28 PM #106

Quote:
I've seen others just jumping about too.
In fact for 2 of the previous 3 weeks and therefore half the shows so far,Sam C has done none of what you say above,he actually sang pretty good 2 ballads with no jumping about just singing the song and in fact in my view,singing them rather well too.
No offence, but based on my own hearing, the opinion of those in the music business and general public opinion, I think you might just require hearing aids.

His voice is weak and nowhere near good enough to be in the final ten. We lost a fantastic singer like Paul for the little blond pretty boy. It is supposed to be a singing competition - of which the main judge agrees - not a modelling competion - something else he would not win btw.

He is very average in looks and at singing. Why we are seeing him plastered over our screen on a Saturday evening is a mystery? The whole falseness and money-making scheming of the show is beyond boring now.

Last edited by sassysocks; 09-11-2013 at 05:29 PM.
sassysocks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 08:59 AM #107
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassysocks View Post
No offence, but based on my own hearing, the opinion of those in the music business and general public opinion, I think you might just require hearing aids.

His voice is weak and nowhere near good enough to be in the final ten. We lost a fantastic singer like Paul for the little blond pretty boy. It is supposed to be a singing competition - of which the main judge agrees - not a modelling competion - something else he would not win btw.

He is very average in looks and at singing. Why we are seeing him plastered over our screen on a Saturday evening is a mystery? The whole falseness and money-making scheming of the show is beyond boring now.
Rather an uncalled for and unnecessary comment but you feel the need to make it.

I love all types of music from classical right through to punk rock even. I like what I like and if someone's voice can reach me then I will applaud then for that.
It has nothing to do with deafness or needing hearing aids, it is personal choice.

I pointed out that you were wrong to say he had just jumped around in each performance,I made no reference to any music you may like.

Clearly despite your put down as to him, the judges who are the professionals you point out above too, put him to boot camp and to judges houses and then to the finals, where so far, the voting public have not only put him into the top 10 but actually voted him as one of the last 8, never also being voted into the bottom 2.

You may get your wish and he could be in the bottom 2 tonight and go tonight too but it actually seems you are more at odds with what the professionals and voters as to the X factor think of Sam Callahan as he has already greatly exceeded what you think he should have got to.

Many singers, past and present cannot really sing that well and still achieve substantial success.
As one of the last 8, and also now part of the X Factor tour too, no matter what happens tonight as to Sam Callahan, I believe no way have we heard the last of him in show business.

Last edited by joeysteele; 10-11-2013 at 09:01 AM.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
issues, peoples, sam callahan