Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB 1 - 5 Celebrity Big Brother series 1 to 5 from 2001-2008.

Old 23-02-2007, 10:40 AM #1

Default Shilpa: Chicago is my kinda town

From the Daily Sleaze, er sorry, Star!

BULLIED (oh please, give up already!) Big Brother babe Shilpa Shetty is being lined up to become the new star of the West End musical Chicago.

Show bosses want her to play murderous Roxie Hart and are locked in talks with the Bollywood babe.

She would follow in the footsteps of pop babe Ashlee Simpson, 22, Denise Van Outen, 32, and actress Claire Sweeney, 34, who have all played the feisty character.

Producers are so keen for her to join the cast they do not mind that she cannot sing. But the Indian star, 31, has now started taking singing lessons with singer-songwriter Jamie Pearce, 27.

A source said: “She has become a household name in Britain and bosses reckon she’ll be a real crowd-pleaser.”

But they could face competition as Shetty may also be in line for a role in a revival of Andrew Lloyd Webber’s Bombay Dreams.
Mrluvaluva is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-02-2007, 10:41 AM #2
van der Woodsen

van der Woodsen

I'm sure she's raking it in now she has the fast-track work visa.

Good luck to her.
Lauren is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-02-2007, 10:46 AM #3
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Jess Impiazzi
Strictly 2017: Davood Ghadami

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

So the quick visa was worth it.

That part is perfect for her personality.
GiRTh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-02-2007, 11:04 AM #4

Oh come on now! is she going to be in every single movie and broadway now?

I used to like shilpa alot and still kinda do but now its just too much of shilpa mania!
tinkerbell is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-02-2007, 12:42 PM #5

Quote:
Originally posted by tinkerbell
Oh come on now! is she going to be in every single movie and broadway now?

I used to like shilpa alot and still kinda do but now its just too much of shilpa mania!
I reckon it's great that she's being offered a lot of part...doesn't mean she's gonna do them all but it's good she has a lot of choices.

Anyway, what is wrong with Shilpa mania? ....nothing...why not.
zachary is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-02-2007, 12:53 PM #6
van der Woodsen

van der Woodsen

Quote:
Originally posted by zacharybinx
I am a fan of Shilpa, wanted her to win from the start - but it's really getting boring now. I know she can't help it, but she's in the newspapers everyday getting a job here, a job there, special treatment, meeting the PM.
Lauren is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-02-2007, 12:58 PM #7

Quote:
Originally posted by Lauren
Quote:
I am a fan of Shilpa, wanted her to win from the start - but it's really getting boring now. I know she can't help it, but she's in the newspapers everyday getting a job here, a job there, special treatment, meeting the PM.
You have a point there...but it's true she can't help it so it's not her we should be blaming or anything.
I guess once she starts a new project the job offers will ease down, it's probably because she hasn't officially said what she doing next that's why everyone is keen on getting her to work.
Old 23-02-2007, 01:57 PM #8

OMG i hope bombay dreams will be back cuz i missed it the first time.. wudnt miss it for the world if its back, n shilpa will jus add to another reason to go see it!
Cody™ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-02-2007, 03:20 PM #9

Quote:
I reckon it's great that she's being offered a lot of part...doesn't mean she's going to do them all but it's good she has a lot of choices.
Shilpa can't help it if every 2nd workload is coming her way. She's not no-one with no talent. She obviously has it, oodles of it, and people want to tap into it and make money out of it.
And being offered work doesn't mean she'll take up everything. I think its good that she has all these offeres, ow she'll hand pick her the best ones.
And in regards to the "mania" around Shilpa, so what? She obviously has alot of fans.
Every other year when there has been a winner/runner up, the mass hysteria was ok, but in regards to Shilpa, her fans can't get happy or exited for her, coz there are a handful of people waiting to pull her apart. It makes me wonder if all this negativity towards Shilpa is down to the fact she isn't a British winner. Wouldn't come as a surprise if it was
S2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-02-2007, 03:32 PM #10
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally posted by Shilpa_Fan

It makes me wonder if all this negativity towards Shilpa is down to the fact she isn't a British winner. Wouldn't come as a surprise if it was
Whoa Whoa. Stop right there. You have no evidence to backup this outrageous accusation. I'm British and of West Indian origin so I was thrilled to see her win this. Are you aware that Shilpa and Leona Lewis are the first non-white people to win any reality TV programme that is voted for by the public? There was Tim who won the first series of the Apprentice but that was decided by Alan Sugar alone. I like Shilpa a great deal but the publicity she’s received since leaving the house has been ridiculous.

Quote:

her fans can't get happy or exited for her, coz there are a handful of people waiting to pull her apart.
The backlash was inevitable there has been a similar backlash to every BB winner.

Are you saying that people are wrong to dig into her background? The press do that to most celebrities. Why should Shilpa be different?
Old 23-02-2007, 03:48 PM #11

Quote:
Originally posted by GRiT

Whoa Whoa. Stop right there. You have no evidence to backup this outrageous accusation. I'm British and of West Indian origin so I was thrilled to see her win this. Are you aware that Shilpa and Leona Lewis are the first non-white people to win any reality TV programme that is voted for by the public? There was Tim who won the first series of the Apprentice but that was decided by Alan Sugar alone. I like Shilpa a great deal but the publicity she’s received since leaving the house has been ridiculous.
I said "it makes me wonder if this... " I didn't say "This negativity towards Shilpa is because she is Indian". There you go again putting words in my mouth again.
And darling, I DON'T care if you are black, white, asian. That said, being asian doesn't automatically make you pro-asian.
If you have a problem with the publicity she is getting, then I suggest you get on your high horse and complain to all the Dailys as they are the ones using her to sell their business. Its the way things work, shes the new flavour of the month.

Quote:
Originally posted by GRiT
The backlash was inevitable there has been a similar backlash to every BB winner.
Are you saying that people are wrong to dig into her background? The press do that to most celebrities. Why should Shilpa be different?
The backash is inevitable, for every participant of BB/CBB, but most people are saying they are tired of seeing Shilpa everywhere. Well The Mirror and OK Magazine are official papers to have paid her for their newspiece on her. Its not her fault if other magazines use her pictures and take her quotes and sensationalize her on the magazine cover. She came on This Morning, R&J, Sky News with Kay Burley and GMTV. She went to meet the PM and was at the premiere of M&L. Hardly seems like a lifetimes worth of appearance. And doing the daily appearances on morning TV and magazine interviews isn't anything new, past winners have been subjected to this treatment too. The difference with Shilpa is that she was already a name, agreed only with the asian community, but she was a self-made name already. So even if the CBB hype dies down, Shilpa will still be in the news, for reasons other than CBB.
You love putting words in my mouth don't you? Can't you read what I am writing and digest it as what I am saying. And no, I don't expect the press not to dig up her past, its what they do. They praise, they fault, they praise... its a never ending cycle
S2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-02-2007, 04:00 PM #12
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Quote:

I said "it makes me wonder if this... " I didn't say "This negativity towards Shilpa is because she is Indian". There you go again putting words in my mouth again.
And darling, I DON'T care if you are black, white, asian. That said, being asian doesn't automatically make you pro-asian.
If you have a problem with the publicity she is getting, then I suggest you get on your high horse and complain to all the Dailys as they are the ones using her to sell their business. Its the way things work, shes the new flavour of the month.
You made the implication that the negative reaction was racist. You had no foundation to do that.

I should not have mentioned my ethnic origin, as I, just like you, are aware that it doesn't matter. You got me on that one.

I don't read the paper in which she's featured and I’m well aware of how flavour of the month works. It's the meeting of the Queen and Blair that I object to. I'm aware that they approached her but that's not the point. How can a BB winer be given a meeting with a head of state. It’s too much.

Quote:
The backash is inevitable, for every participant of BB/CBB, but most people are saying they are tired of seeing Shilpa everywhere. Well The Mirror and OK Magazine are official papers to have paid her for their newspiece on her. She came on This Morning, R&J, Sky News with Kay Burley and GMTV. She went to meet the PM and was at the premiere of M&L,. Hardly seems like a lifetimes worth of appearance. And doing the daily appearances on morning TV and magazine interviews isn't anything new, past winners have been subjected to this treatment too. The difference with Shilpa is that she was already a name, agreed only with the asian community, but she was a self-made name already. So even if the CBB hype dies down, Shilpa will still be in the news, for reasons other than CBB.
You love putting words in my mouth don't you? Can't you read what I am writing and digest it as what I am saying. And no, I don't expect the press not to dig up her past, its what they do. They praise, they fault, they praise... its a never ending cycle
Got to say, I agree. However, I don't put words into your mouth. You make alot of implications and believe people don't know what you're trying to say.
Old 23-02-2007, 06:21 PM #13

Shilpa is the best wnner in bb hstory tell me a housemste who can top what she has done

ofcourse this is the reaction of the public this is a true big brother winner our only true big brother winner everyone else was just dull.

shilpa to stay in the publuc eye for life
pogo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-02-2007, 10:10 PM #14
BB Sees All 👀

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
BB19: Brooke

BB Sees All 👀

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
BB19: Brooke

Thanks for the Info
andybigbro is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-02-2007, 04:50 PM #15

Why do you object to her meeting with the queen and blair? They are just people too, shilpa fans. I hope you are objecting to them asking and not her accepting.
rayofsunshine is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-02-2007, 06:13 PM #16

Quote:
Originally posted by rayofsunshine
Why do you object to her meeting with the queen and blair? They are just people too, shilpa fans. I hope you are objecting to them asking and not her accepting.
The Shilpa fans dont mind her meeting the Queen or Blair, it's the haters that object.
Old 25-02-2007, 06:39 PM #17

Good for her!

Go Shilpa...
Bells is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-02-2007, 07:18 PM #18

Shilpa for Prime Minister.
expat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
chicago, kinda, shilpa, town