Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB13 Celebrity Big Brother 2014 (CBB13) shown January 2014 was won by Jim Davidson.

Discuss here.

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2014, 10:25 PM #226

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_ View Post
Yes it is indeed the same old stuff all the time, every series it's comments about American housemates or black ones etc etc, I'm not the only one that thinks like this either and in fact there's been a few in this thread that pointed this out before I did but single me out why don't you? Kinda sweet I guess.

Leader? That actually doesn't make any sense to me so I'd love you to elaborate there.

Maybe I don't ignore her cause I think racism and xenophobia is something that should be publicly condemned in order to draw attention to it and try to cut it back in the future? Just a thought. Maybe people should just turn a blind eye to discriminatory comments in future

Oh my balls have certainly dropped, I'll PM you a pic if you like love xx

Stick to criticising housemates for being American or stereotyping them for being black or reminiscing about the days when you could call them 'coloured people' or throwing around insults like 'slut' and '*****' to women you've never even met or making comments about housemates ethnicities? Need I go on? Leave my balls out of it, thanks
I single you out Jack as its you who pounces on Chuff as soon as she posts,even if she doesn't mention any of the things you go on about,you may not like it ,but you are not the the forum policeman if chuff says anything out of order I am sure the mods deal with it,so why do feel it your duty to belittle her all the time,there really is no need

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Old 05-01-2014, 10:26 PM #227
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Luke A
BB12: Harry

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Yes it is indeed the same old stuff all the time, every series it's comments about American housemates or black ones etc etc, I'm not the only one that thinks like this either and in fact there's been a few in this thread that pointed this out before I did but single me out why don't you? Kinda sweet I guess.

Leader? That actually doesn't make any sense to me so I'd love you to elaborate there.

Maybe I don't ignore her cause I think racism and xenophobia is something that should be publicly condemned in order to draw attention to it and try to cut it back in the future? Just a thought. Maybe people should just turn a blind eye to discriminatory comments in future

Oh my balls have certainly dropped, I'll PM you a pic if you like love xx

Stick to criticising housemates for being American or stereotyping them for being black or reminiscing about the days when you could call them 'coloured people' or throwing around insults like 'slut' and '*****' to women you've never even met or making comments about housemates ethnicities? Need I go on? Leave my balls out of it, thanks
You really need to grow up and back off little boy ,go tell your buddies what you said .....go on hurry up they are sat waiting .............. BAAAAAA
Old 05-01-2014, 10:26 PM #228
Like a fine whiskey

Favourites:
CBB2024: Marisha Wallace
BB2023: Yinrun

Like a fine whiskey

Favourites:
CBB2024: Marisha Wallace

Lets stick to the debate everyone or the thread will get locked.

It's never too late to be who you once could have been...

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVN

Anyway there's an explanation and I don't really appreciate your tone. It's very aggressive so I'm going to close this, sorry for killing the internet mate

Old 05-01-2014, 10:27 PM #229
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelSpears View Post
oh yes, supporting peoples right to express homophobia does wonders to find bigotry

stop embarrassing yourself
youd love to electrocute evryone who doesnt agree and say exactly what you want them to say. but guess what? people have different opinions and different experiences and different education too....your solution is to punish and lock up anyone with different opinions. thats a road to utter madness. people have a right to an opinion and to allow some discussion helps people udnerstand each other and leads us to a far greater level of understanding and enlightenment

as for the context here which youve totally misinterpreted in a dishonest way. evander wasnt trying to hurt or be offensive at all. he just belives its unnatural to have anal sex. he also thinks it is a choice in some cases. hes entitled to his opinion if you disagree argue the point. but to ban him from discussing it is insane.

now shut your pie hole
Old 05-01-2014, 10:27 PM #230
Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
CBB19: Kim Woodburn

Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):

Im a bit confused, all I heard him say was that he found gay relationships wrong which i obviously disagree with but did he say gay people were handicapped?
Old 05-01-2014, 10:28 PM #231
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazanne View Post
I single you out Jack as its you who pounces on Chuff as soon as she posts,even if she doesn't mention any of the things you go on about,you may not like it ,but you are not the the forum policeman if chuff says anything out of order I am sure the mods deal with it,so why do feel it your duty to belittle her all the time,there really is no need
He knows no better Kaz, he knows I wont back down to him ,Ive got tins of paint in my shed older than him ,hes on his way to his "BIG BOYS"to report back now ,go on little fella on your way
Old 05-01-2014, 10:28 PM #232
more more more

Favourites (more):
BB16: Jade
BB15: Ashleigh

more more more

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by StupidHoe View Post
Im a bit confused, all I heard him say was that he found gay relationships wrong which i obviously disagree with but did he say gay people were handicapped?
he said that they should go and get help to be fixed in the same way that you would if you were born handicapped

Old 05-01-2014, 10:28 PM #233
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
BBUSA19: Cody
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
BBUSA19: Cody

Quote:
He compared gays to disabled people and implied that just because you were born that way (which he too disagrees with) doesn't mean you can't get fixed.
Old 05-01-2014, 10:29 PM #234
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB15: Danielle
BBUSA16: Cody

User banned

Favourites (more):
BB15: Danielle
BBUSA16: Cody

He compared being gay too being handicapped
Old 05-01-2014, 10:29 PM #235
oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by the truth View Post
your post is a disgrace, shame on you
And Chuff's post to me wasn't? Please, spare me

As a matter of fact I actually agree that allowing people to converse like this and express their opinions is a way in which they are challenged and discrimination can be eradicated from society, that's why I'm actually happy they aired the discussion tonight because it's started this one on here and that's what Big Brother is all about. Actually there was a thread earlier about BB not being a social experiment anymore, well I'd argue that topics like this and the one regarding Jasmine's conduct last night somewhat prove it still is one to an extent

Evander is perfectly entitled to his opinion, but airing it on a national TV show in the UK was moronic, and Luisa even warned him not to continue with what he was about to say. If this was in a pub in the company of his friends, fine, but he's on a TV show and Channel 5 have to cover their backs. You can't talk like that on TV and not expect to be reprimanded. I'm glad they broadcasted the conversation because it's provoked a debate and will actually help to highlight the fact that opinions like this still exist and will mean they're challenged, but the reminder they gave him about potentially offending viewers (and that's all it was as far as I remember, not an official formal warning) was justified
Old 05-01-2014, 10:29 PM #236
User banned

User banned

Quote:
People pick and chose which 'personal views' are okay to express.

It's not okay to discriminate against black people based on your personal views, but it is okay to discriminate against gay people based on your personal views.

People just use the 'personal view' argument to cover up their own bigotry and ignorance.
mindless drivel. youre comparing apples with oranges. totally different subjects. yet you destroy evander when he brings disability and homosexuality into the same conversation. youre a total hypocrite

now shut your pie hole
Old 05-01-2014, 10:30 PM #237

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy View Post
He knows no better Kaz, he knows I wont back down to him ,Ive got tins of paint in my shed older than him ,hes on his way to his "BIG BOYS"to report back now ,go on little fella on your way
I hope this isn't about me, the last time I spoke with Jack was saying how we might have a series where we agree which would be nice after all the times we've disagreed and argued over housemates in the past, because you said you liked Ollie
Old 05-01-2014, 10:30 PM #238
User banned

User banned

can you please say something else apart from shut your pie hole it's annoying as fk
Old 05-01-2014, 10:30 PM #239
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
No he didnt ,hes very religious and 100% right when he said "In the Bible its classed as wrong " this is true ,Luissa asked him a question ,he answered ,What wrong in that baffles me
Old 05-01-2014, 10:30 PM #240

Favourites (more):
BB14: Dan
The Apprentice 2013: Alex

Favourites (more):
BB14: Dan
The Apprentice 2013: Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan. View Post
okay so I suppose we all should support terrorist attacks since it's just the terrorist carrying out his opinion.
Pure nonsense!!!! Expressing an opinion is all part of freedom of speech. Attacking and killing people,or even verbally abusing people is not!?!
Old 05-01-2014, 10:30 PM #241
Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):

Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):

ohhh damn, well I understand people being annoyed now. I thought he literally said something much less offensive but that's messed up trying to cure peoples sexuality

If anyone needs curing it's him and his narrow mind.
Old 05-01-2014, 10:31 PM #242

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by troynuncdicit View Post
This is true, I too have called chuff out on her xenophobia in the past.
But I don't think I have ever seen you seek out her posts and try and belittle her,but maybe I missed something,its ok to say you disagree but some of the things levelled at chuff have been uncalled for imo of course.

Old 05-01-2014, 10:31 PM #243
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

in all honesty its extremely sad that a black American boxing champion can be so narrow minded, to the fact that gay people don't have a choice when it comes to sexuality in the same way a person does not get to choose the color of their skin.
Old 05-01-2014, 10:31 PM #244
more more more

Favourites (more):

more more more

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by the truth View Post
mindless drivel. youre comparing apples with oranges. totally different subjects. yet you destroy evander when he brings disability and homosexuality into the same conversation. youre a total hypocrite

now shut your pie hole
they aren't different subjects. race and sexuality are both things that people are both with. so how exactly are they so different?

Old 05-01-2014, 10:31 PM #245
User banned

User banned

Quote:
And Chuff's post to me wasn't? Please, spare me

As a matter of fact I actually agree that allowing people to converse like this and express their opinions is a way in which they are challenged and discrimination can be eradicated from society, that's why I'm actually happy they aired the discussion tonight because it's started this one on here and that's what Big Brother is all about. Actually there was a thread earlier about BB not being a social experiment anymore, well I'd argue that topics like this and the one regarding Jasmine's conduct last night somewhat prove it still is one to an extent

Evander is perfectly entitled to his opinion, but airing it on a national TV show in the UK was moronic, and Luisa even warned him not to continue with what he was about to say. If this was in a pub in the company of his friends, fine, but he's on a TV show and Channel 5 have to cover their backs. You can't talk like that on TV and not expect to be reprimanded. I'm glad they broadcasted the conversation because it's provoked a debate and will actually help to highlight the fact that opinions like this still exist and will mean they're challenged, but the reminder they gave him about potentially offending viewers (and that's all it was as far as I remember, not an official formal warning) was justified
if BB were that worried too they could have edited it out anyway
they show all sorts of filth, swearing , finger banging , opinions on all sorts. thats evanders opinion deal with it. hes now in effect been banned from discussing the subject which is plain wrong.
Old 05-01-2014, 10:32 PM #246

Stick to discussing cbb/the topic of the thread instead of discussing and insulting other members, the thread was a good debate until that started.
Old 05-01-2014, 10:32 PM #247
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Well I was not happy wth what he said or the way he portrayed his view. I found the response from him unacceptable on the issue.

I said earlier the BB house is not a private house where people have private conversations, he said on public TV he thought being gay was wrong and went on to compare it with being handicapped thereby indicating those who are gay could do something about it to maybe 'cure' it.

It is opinions like that reinforce the old discriminatory views and attitudes towards gay communities
That is where he was wrong and way out of order, he is entitled to his view, even if it is totally wrong, but keep that view to himself and not spout out his rubbish on a National TV programme.

When asked the question by Luisa, (knowing his own views on the subject), he is a man of some age he should have said that is not a discussion I want to have and would prefer not to answer, that was the simple way out.
He was not however, having a private conversation with Luisa because there is no such thing as private conversations in the BB house whatsoever.

Last edited by joeysteele; 05-01-2014 at 10:34 PM.
Old 05-01-2014, 10:32 PM #248
User banned

User banned

Quote:
they aren't different subjects. race and sexuality are both things that people are both with. so how exactly are they so different?
if you cant work out they are different subjects there is no hope for you, utterly brainless

now shut your pie hole
Old 05-01-2014, 10:32 PM #249

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Dagger View Post
I hope this isn't about me, the last time I spoke with Jack was saying how we might have a series where we agree which would be nice after all the times we've disagreed and argued over housemates in the past, because you said you liked Ollie
Its not Lucas,I assure you,we all like Ollie

Old 05-01-2014, 10:33 PM #250
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):