Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Music This forum is for discussing artists, singles, albums, the charts and anything music-related.

Old 04-12-2008, 08:26 AM #1

Default Britney Spears - Why I\'d rather resign from the human race than live like her, says Polly Hudson

Quote:
Britney Spears - Why I'd rather resign from the human race than live like her, says Polly Hudson
I hated Britney’s X Factor performance. Not because she mimed while half-heartedly waving and strolling about, or because she hadn’t washed her hair, or even because of the awkward, robotic interview.

I hated it because the spark has gone from her eyes.

Watching her documentary on Monday night it became all too clear why.

Britney: For The Record was a chilling portrait of modern celebrity that every kid who says they want to be famous should be forced to watch in full.

It made me want to resign from the human race.

If you’ve ever felt envious of Britney’s success, money or looks here’s a bittersweet irony – she’s been jealous of you the whole time. Because you can leave your house right now if you want, and do something simple like go for a walk. And she can’t. Ever.

She’s literally a prisoner. She can’t pop to the shops, meet a mate for a drink or take her sons out without chaos ensuing. So she got cut off from the world, then so desperately lonely she let bad people into her life, and the rest is pop culture history.

Britney’s life has now been taken over by her dad, who thinks it’s best for her to immerse herself in work because then she’s removed from “the real world” and will have no time or energy for anything else.

She’s being analysed by doctors and lawyers – and every celebrity junkie in the world – so daddy’s word is law. And so Britney works, constantly smiling no matter how she’s feeling, and then she goes home, to a different kind of prison, where her father’s the warden.

She says, “There’s no excitement, no passion, it’s like Groundhog Day, every day.”

Later she decides that “it’s better just not to feel anything at all”, which may well be the most depressing sentence I’ve ever heard in my life.

The pressures of superstardom wrecked Britney’s head (and hair) so it’s absolutely baffling that anyone could think pushing her back into the limelight JUST as she’s beginning to recover is a smart move.

It’s like waiting for your sight to return so you can poke yourself in the eye again.

And yet Britney’s new album, and tickets for her 2009 world tour went on sale this week.

Outwardly, she’s going through the motions, but that’s all she’s doing. She explains: “When I tell people how I feel, they’re hearing but not listening. It’s bad.”
And then her face crumples, her eyes fill with tears and she whispers simply: “I’m sad.”

I’m much more scared for Britney now than I was when she was shaving her head and being strapped down for her own safety. Because at least then the people around her were aware something was wrong.
Source: Daily Mirror
Red Moon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 10:32 AM #2

That's the prob............has she come back too soon? Only time will tell, but for sure she looked good at her 27th Birthday do......
Polly Hudson is a bit hit and miss, mind.
robb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 10:36 AM #3
CLOSE EM!

Favourites (more):
UBB: Chantelle
BB11: Ben

CLOSE EM!

Favourites (more):

I noticed her hair was greasy,but who the hell is polly hudson.
\PJ/ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 10:51 AM #4

Quote:
Originally posted by robb
That's the prob............has she come back too soon?
I think she has come back to soon, I think she did need more time to recover and spend with her children before she set her self on the world stage again. If press reports are to believed she is currently suffering from panic attacks before she performs which would go a long way to answering the question why she was so bad on the X-Factor.

However she not really in control of her own life. The Conservatorship arrangement is so stringent that Britney even has to take two people out with her if she goes on a date.

James Spears and Andrew Wallete are really controlling her like a puppet and if she doesn't do as she is told she loses the limited access to her children she has at the moment and access to her money. Everything about her is controlled. So she no choice but release a new album, promote it and go on tour.

Now I can see making an album as a positive thing, giving her direction, however all the positives that brings will be negated by being in the public eye 24/7 and it could result in another breakdown.

Mental illness is something that it takes years to cure and not something that goes away in months.
Old 04-12-2008, 10:55 AM #5

Quote:
Originally posted by PJ
She is a freelance journalist who writes a weekly column in the Daily Mirror. She also use to appear on morning television programmes like GMTV.

People here might know her because she use to do the Polly-o-meter about the contestants on Big Brother.
Old 04-12-2008, 10:56 AM #6

Favourites:
BB17: Jayne

Favourites:

Britney doesn't do anything. She doesn't have a career, nor does she deserve one. It was cute when she was a kid. Now it's just pathetic.
letmein is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 11:01 AM #7

Quote:
Originally posted by letmein
Britney doesn't do anything. She doesn't have a career, nor does she deserve one. It was cute when she was a kid. Now it's just pathetic.
That's a bit harsh.

It's not all Britney's fault her life has become a mess, there are others that should take their proportion of the blame, and they are the people that are running her life now and those that ran it when she started out. They are the people that created the puppet and pull the strings.
Old 04-12-2008, 11:04 AM #8

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally posted by Red Moon
Quote:
That's a bit harsh.

It's not all Britney's fault her life has become a mess, there are others that should take their proportion of the blame, and they are the people that are running her life now and those that ran it when she started out. They are the people that created the puppet and pull the strings.
She's nearly 30-years-old. You can't be still playing that tune. She needs to be a woman, and get on with it.

No 30-year-old man would be getting babied. She's got two kids for god's sake! It ceased to be about her when she popped those two out. It's just selfishness.

The blame is totally on her now. She's not a baby.
Old 04-12-2008, 11:17 AM #9

Quote:
She's nearly 30-years-old. You can't be still playing that tune. She needs to be a woman, and get on with it.

No 30-year-old man would be getting babied. She's got two kids for god's sake! It ceased to be about her when she popped those two out. It's just selfishness.

She's not a woman she is a kid in a woman's body, she has never been allowed to grow up and that's the problem as I see it, she can't coup with the stress of being a commodity that she has become and that is why she had a breakdown.

It's no good telling any one who has been through a break down to pull themselves together it's not as simple as that. The woman has a mental illness and she needs time to recover.

If she becomes seriously ill again, this time it will be those in control of her that are to blame and their selfishness that caused it.
Old 04-12-2008, 11:58 AM #10

Favourites (more):
CBB8: Tara
BB13 USA: Daniele

Favourites (more):
CBB8: Tara
BB13 USA: Daniele

yeah she was famous at an early age but she wanted to be a star sadly all that crap happemed to her in that documentary when she want to go to a soho shop in NY she says she is scared when the papz push towards her so she decides to not go in
001steven is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 12:26 PM #11
CLOSE EM!

Favourites (more):

CLOSE EM!

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by PJ
She is a freelance journalist who writes a weekly column in the Daily Mirror. She also use to appear on morning television programmes like GMTV.

People here might know her because she use to do the Polly-o-meter about the contestants on Big Brother.
Oh thanks i rememberr her doing that for BB7,she steps in for richard arnold when he is not there aswell.
Old 04-12-2008, 12:28 PM #12

Favourites (more):
BB12: Anton
CBB7: Stephanie

Favourites (more):
BB12: Anton
CBB7: Stephanie

Quote:
Originally posted by PJ
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by PJ

Oh thanks i rememberr her doing that for BB7,she steps in for richard arnold when he is not there aswell.
She doesn't do it anymore, shes not even good enough for GMTV

I can't stand her
Tom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 12:34 PM #13
CLOSE EM!

Favourites (more):

CLOSE EM!

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom
Quote:
Originally posted by PJ
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by PJ

Oh thanks i remember her doing that for BB7,she steps in for richard arnold when he is not there as well.
She doesn't do it anymore, shes not even good enough for GMTV

I can't stand her
LOL she makes regular appearances on them silly shows like 40 greatest celebrity toothbrushes.
Old 04-12-2008, 01:15 PM #14

Quote:
Originally posted by 001steven
yeah she was famous at an early age but she wanted to be a star sadly all that c**p happemed to her in that documentary when she want to go to a soho shop in NY she says she is scared when the papz push towards her so she decides to not go in
Question is did Britney say she wanted to be a star, or was she pushed into being a star?

If it's the later then letmein has a fair point in the earlier discussion when he said basically it is her own fault.
Old 04-12-2008, 03:16 PM #15

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Quote:

She's not a woman she is a kid in a woman's body, she has never been allowed to grow up and that's the problem as I see it, she can't coup with the stress of being a commodity that she has become and that is why she had a breakdown.

It's no good telling any one who has been through a break down to pull themselves together it's not as simple as that. The woman has a mental illness and she needs time to recover.

If she becomes seriously ill again, this time it will be those in control of her that are to blame and their selfishness that caused it.
You don't know this woman. She's nearly 30. It's her responsibility. People who are mentally ill are not babies, and they have to step up for themselves. There is absolutely no excuse. People makes so many excuses for this woman, when the majority of rubbish they've created in their heads, was not even reality. Britney's mother was no horrible stage mother. Britney was never forced into anything. I followed her from day one. This re-writing of history came out of her fan base, who "guessed" that this is what happened. It's a bunch of baloney.

If Britney doesn't feel like working, don't work. Under US law, she can't be forced to do anything. Her father is merely handling her finances. Everything else is on her, and btw, she was never confirmed to be mentally ill, nor having a breakdown. That stuff has always remained private and it will stay that way until she ever says something.

Britney is not THAT important. People all over the world have actual problems. She has money and can hire all the people she wants to handle her affairs. Many cannot afford that luxury. No man would ever get away with this.
Old 04-12-2008, 03:22 PM #16

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by 001steven
yeah she was famous at an early age but she wanted to be a star sadly all that c**p happemed to her in that documentary when she want to go to a soho shop in NY she says she is scared when the papz push towards her so she decides to not go in
Question is did Britney say she wanted to be a star, or was she pushed into being a star?

If it's the later then letmein has a fair point in the earlier discussion when he said basically it is her own fault.
She wanted it. She said that repeatedly even before she was a pop singer. No one forced anything on her. Her mother was not Dina Lohan. You hardly ever found her mother seeking publicity.

Like I said, Britney's fans have mythologized Britney's life, and now the public can't decipher fact from fallacy. I watched as this happened, and the muttering of her fan base. Suddenly, the outlandish theories became believed.

Don't forget, Britney was busted for calling the paparazzi and tipping them off as to where she was going to be. She brought them in bathrooms with her, and was even sleeping with them. She had a deal with x17. She was behind this. If you don't want to be around photographers, you don't go into public places holding your baby in one hand, and glass in the other, while wearing high heeled shoes.

The problem with Britney now is that she has very little education. She has arrested development in my opinion. She's still stuck at 17.
Old 04-12-2008, 04:08 PM #17

Quote:
Originally posted by letmeinShe wanted it. She said that repeatedly even before she was a pop singer. No one forced anything on her. Her mother was not Dina Lohan. You hardly ever found her mother seeking publicity.
She has more than one parent. Clearly her father might have a different opinion, because if didn;t want fame for her he wouldn't be letting do what she is doing now for her own good . And a mother that doesn't seek publicity doesn't write a book and appear on TV and Radio promoting it.

Quote:
Originally posted by letmeinLike I said, Britney's fans have mythologized Britney's life, and now the public can't decipher fact from fallacy. I watched as this happened, and the muttering of her fan base. Suddenly, the outlandish theories became believed.
I wouldn't know what Britney fans think, other than they seem to put her on a pedestal and worship her. You wouldn't catch me on a Britney fan site in a million years.

The other thing I see ion here is the anti "Britney fans" posting their version of mythologized Britney's life with as many outlandish statements as the Britney fans.

Neither said is interested in debating the subject, they are just out to score points or wind each other. The truth is somewhere in the middle and if both sides could debate rather than fight each other then they might workout what it is.

Quote:
[i]Don't forget, Britney was busted for calling the paparazzi and tipping them off as to where she was going to be. She brought them in bathrooms with her, and was even sleeping with them. She had a deal with x17. She was behind this. If you don't want to be around photographers, you don't go into public places holding your baby in one hand, and glass in the other, while wearing high heeled shoes.

The problem with Britney now is that she has very little education. She has arrested development in my opinion. She's still stuck at 17.
I read those stories, and probably post them here too. I would put a lot of her problems down to her mental illness, the need to be seen and be accepted. It's all classic examples of someone with a problem crying out be helped. Clearly she still isn't well and shouldn't be performing on TV or doing a tour.

I agree she not the brightest of people and her education would have suffered but that not at the heart of the problem, but it will be making it worse. I would have her stuck at an earlier age in her development, maybe 13 or 14. The 17 year old females I have known to to act more sensibly than Britney.
Old 01-02-2014, 05:19 PM #18
Can I get a witness?

Favourites (more):
IAC2019: Nadine Coyle
Strictly 2019: Michelle Visage

Can I get a witness?

Favourites (more):

well done polly for speaking the truth. This was one of the most rawest documentaries in pop history and now we have a slightly reserved, robotic Britney as a scar for her pain.
Old 01-02-2014, 05:21 PM #19
Skinny Legend

Skinny Legend

sad that she's still exactly the same 5 years on

The scars on my mind are on replay
Smithy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 06:27 PM #20
ॐ❤✌❤ॐ❤☯❤ॐ❤✌❤ॐ

Favourites (more):
CBB19: Kim Woodburn
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard

ॐ❤✌❤ॐ❤☯❤ॐ❤✌❤ॐ

Favourites (more):

I just read the whole OP and realized this is from 08 [IMG]http://www.breatheheavy.com/exhale/public/style_emoticons/default/***********[/IMG]

Spoiler:

Last edited by Saph; 01-02-2014 at 08:47 PM.
Saph is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 06:55 PM #21
Can I get a witness?

Favourites (more):

Can I get a witness?

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
I just read the whole OP and and realized this is from 08 [IMG]http://www.breatheheavy.com/exhale/public/style_emoticons/default/***********[/IMG]

Last edited by Pete.; 01-02-2014 at 06:56 PM.
Pete. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 08:46 PM #22
Z

Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
I just read the whole OP and and realized this is from 08 [IMG]http://www.breatheheavy.com/exhale/public/style_emoticons/default/***********[/IMG]
God same here, I didn't even realise until I'd scrolled down and saw a post from Red Moon who hasn't been on here in a very long time and looked at the date. That article describes Britney perfectly in 2014. It's just sad to watch. She's being pimped for every last bit of money she's worth by everyone around her, including her own family. Who would do that to their own child? It's actually more akin to slave labour than it is to fun, she very clearly doesn't want to be there but because entertaining people and living off of attention is all she's ever known, she just keeps getting wheeled out to perform half baked songs that were clearly written in about 5 minutes. I feel so sorry for her.
Z is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 10:13 AM #23
we

Favourites:
BB7: Jayne

we

Favourites:
BB7: Jayne

Samm is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 10:35 AM #24
♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
BBUSA22: Janelle

♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
BBUSA22: Janelle

She's gaining more confidence by the day and getting better

Spoiler:

reece(: is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 10:47 AM #25
ॐ❤✌❤ॐ❤☯❤ॐ❤✌❤ॐ

Favourites (more):

ॐ❤✌❤ॐ❤☯❤ॐ❤✌❤ॐ

Favourites (more):

shes not as bad as she was, for sure, still not 100% committed though. At least she made a big enough legacy for herself in music between 98-07 and in pop culture from 98-09 she needs to come back and do something more daring for the next era

Spoiler:

Last edited by Saph; 02-02-2014 at 10:49 AM.
Saph is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
britney, hudson, human, live, polly, race, resign, spears