Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 09-02-2014, 03:06 PM #1

Default Google - Freddie Mercury 65th Birthday - do you want to see ?

Google - Freddie Mercury 65th Birthday - do you want to see ? 09.02.14

first and for-most is a sorry,
only today i found "Doodle",
this animation is pure glory,
with my heart i thank Google.
how did i miss,
i was poem aware of this mild stone,
so i am blessing Freddie and Google with a late kiss,
even if i remember him with my Queen ringtone.
absolutely brill is the animation,
infarct it needs to be rewarded on CD-Rom,
so privileged Brian is a founder in a great organisation,
the reader must visit www.Freddieforaday.com.
i have done my objective,
it is simmering in my like a sage,
so if you are a Google detective,
then visit this fabulous http://www.google.com/doodles/freddi...-65th-birthday web page.
65 years old and rocking,
this is environmentally green,
Freddie even in a cartoon you are outrageous and shocking,
but that is what made you and Queen.

( i have tried my hardest to get this to queen - brian - john - roger and i have also tried to get this to google as my poem was inspired by all of them. as a die hard fan i can not believe i was not aware of the google webpage when Freddie turned 65 . but i was aware of his birthday as i did do a poem on this. i am glad this google page has been brought to my attention and i just hope you can all see my love for the greatest man - musician that ever lived. i am sorry if the GM crop does read this and does not approve but i am sure George does understand that Freddie was the best and i am sure he can appreciate what i am saying. i just hope i don't get a WHAM - got to dash got a train at WATERLOW. who let the dogs out ? sorry i am barking. woof woof. if anyone on this forum would like to add a comment on the google webpage - Freddie - Queen then i would be so grateful if it could rhyme. catch you folks later. )
waterhog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 03:14 PM #2
Jesus.

Jesus.

Never was a huge Queen fan, but somebody to love is just a great song.

Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 07:02 AM #3

how can you not love freddie and queen.
Old 10-02-2014, 12:11 PM #4
Z

Z

So many great songs, they really have one of the most impressive back catalogues of any band of all time. So diverse... Freddie Mercury was a really talented musician, it's a shame he passed away so relatively young, I'm sure Queen would have still been working today if he was still alive.
Z is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 05:00 PM #5

Favourites:
BB14: Dexter
BB13: Deana

Favourites:

its a shame he died so young. massive tallent. its also a shame the other members have disgraced his legacy. they are pathetic and desperate and greedy.
Old 10-02-2014, 05:02 PM #6
Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

Lovely band, but I can't help but think that they never made a "great" album. Loads of brilliant songs, but no classic album (obviously good albums, but still)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 05:04 PM #7
Z

Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeagol View Post
its a shame he died so young. massive tallent. its also a shame the other members have disgraced his legacy. they are pathetic and desperate and greedy.
In what ways have they disgraced his legacy? I'm not a huge fan so I don't really know. I do think though that it's a shame for bands who lose a member through unfortunate circumstances... should TLC never be allowed to perform again because Left Eye died? The members of Nirvana not allowed to perform because Kurt Cobain committed suicide? The members of Lostprophets never working again because Ian Watkins committed horrific crimes and has been jailed for a very long time? There are all sorts of moral debates, most of them about respect (either for the dead or for victims) but ultimately a group or band isn't about an individual, it's about all of the members, and if one member can't be there for whatever reason, the others shouldn't be punished for that. So if you're referring to Queen carrying on without Freddie then I don't think it's fair to say they've disgraced any legacy; it wasn't just Freddie Mercury's legacy, it was all of theirs.
Old 10-02-2014, 05:12 PM #8

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zee View Post
In what ways have they disgraced his legacy? I'm not a huge fan so I don't really know. I do think though that it's a shame for bands who lose a member through unfortunate circumstances... should TLC never be allowed to perform again because Left Eye died? The members of Nirvana not allowed to perform because Kurt Cobain committed suicide? The members of Lostprophets never working again because Ian Watkins committed horrific crimes and has been jailed for a very long time? There are all sorts of moral debates, most of them about respect (either for the dead or for victims) but ultimately a group or band isn't about an individual, it's about all of the members, and if one member can't be there for whatever reason, the others shouldn't be punished for that. So if you're referring to Queen carrying on without Freddie then I don't think it's fair to say they've disgraced any legacy; it wasn't just Freddie Mercury's legacy, it was all of theirs.
they were a band but obviously nothing without freddy its like having the rolling stones without mick.
they have milked it dry since he went shows with other singers adverts etc etc. the only one who has kept respectful is the bass player john deacon.
but brian may he would sell his grandmother for a pound.
its just wrong.
Old 10-02-2014, 06:37 PM #9

Quote:
they were a band but obviously nothing without freddy its like having the rolling stones without mick.
they have milked it dry since he went shows with other singers adverts etc etc. the only one who has kept respectful is the bass player john deacon.
its just wrong.

i think you are so wrong. do you see how humble brian and rogger are talking about freddie - (john is a very quiet and shy man and does not speak out allot) they show the up-most respect. and they always refer or have done - that Queen is not ever going to be the same with out Freddie.

but i see it is very humble to let shows be done such as "we will rock you" cover of the songs be done by people such as "George Micheal" "paul rodgers" stars in there eyes Gary Mullen.

i won't go on as i have made my point.

of-course i respect you point to disagree if you see things differently.
Old 10-02-2014, 06:56 PM #10
Z

Z

Quote:
its just wrong.
That's what I mean though - what are they supposed to do? They built up an impressive back catalogue as a group and Freddie's death was out of their hands; it's not like they've been performing without him and been using their joint material while he's propped up at home all bitter about the fact they're working without him, the man died. Time passed. They're still alive and have all this amazing work under their belts, why shouldn't they continue to promote that? A band is a sum of all its parts, not one individual, and I think it's disrespectful to the rest of them to say they can't perform any Queen material anymore. It obviously doesn't feel right without Freddie there, but they can't do anything about that, he died a long time ago.
Old 10-02-2014, 07:03 PM #11

well said zee,
i have to say i agree.
your views are totally green,
and that is good news for Queen.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
65th, birthday, freddie, google, mercury