Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB6 Chat about Anthony, Eugene, Makosi and the rest of the Big Brother 6 housemates.

Old 23-03-2007, 04:38 PM #1

Default Makosi, Kinga and Faria Alum Land Roles in Bollywood Movie

Quote:
Zimbabwe: Makosi Lands Another Role in Bollywood Movie

The Herald (Harare)

March 23, 2007
Posted to the web March 23, 2007

Harare

ZIMBABWEAN Big Brother star Makosi Musambasi has landed another role in a Bollywood movie titled Cash and Curry and is working towards a planned career in Hollywood.

The 26-year-old who was number three in Big Brother UK, acts as Ayesha in the movie that was shot in the United Kingdom last November and is expected to hit the screen in May this year.

Ayesha is a gun-totting drug dealer's sister. The UK-based Sarjit Bains directed the movie.

Appearing alongside Makosi are the ex-girlfriend of former England football coach Sven Goran Eriksson -- Faria Alum -- as well as Makosi's Big brother housemate, Kinga.

It is Makosi's second movie appearance after Richard and Judy in 2006 where she acted as herself.

"It was so beautiful to make the movie," she said.

"I no longer underestimate people who work in the movies because it is such hard work.

"When you have to do the same scene over and over again it sometimes plays on your ego and confidence. You begin to ask yourself 'Is there something wrong with me'?

"I had to take extra days to sort myself out. Initially, they wanted me to sound Jamaican but that all failed," she said

"My role is the type that they usually throw at Halle Berry in Hollywood, and at the end of it all, I think I nailed it more than she would have."

It is reported that Makosi acted in a "steamy sex scene" which she said would make her mother "kill her".

"My mum will kill me. Of course, it was acting and nothing happened but I just know it will get my mum in a bit of a state."

After this appearance, Makosi is said to be hoping to travel to the United States in search of a Hollywood role.

"This movie has been a stepping stone for me. With the support of Zimbabweans, I think the sky is the limit. One gets a push from the support they get from people, and I hope that happens to my acting career," she said.

"Jennifer Hudson's story is an inspiration to me. She came from a reality TV show (American Idol) to win an Oscar. She didn't have to be a size zero to get the Oscar. She is living proof that if you have a dream and want it hard enough, nothing is impossible.

"I have to go out there and scrap. I have to want to start again. I am ready to scrap again, even if it means living on a trailer in Los Angeles. But I am in no rush." -- Herald/ newzimbambwe.com.
http://allafrica.com/stories/200703230280.html

I think the writer of the article read Makosi's IMDB profile wrongly if they think Richard and Judy was a film.
James is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-03-2007, 05:23 PM #2

Cant stand Makosi, but its always good to see BB housemates do well.
Poojah Shah from EastEnders is also in it, I see.
And The Latch (oh god)

Thanks James
Chrizzle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-03-2007, 07:18 PM #3
BB Sees All 👀

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
BB19: Brooke

BB Sees All 👀

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
BB19: Brooke

Makosi------- Grrrrrrrrrrr lol but yeah hope they do well
andybigbro is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-03-2007, 07:25 PM #4

I'm glad for Makosi. She has had a tough time since BB and I'm glad she has some good news.
Kristen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
alum, bollywood, faria, kinga, land, makosi, movie, roles