Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

General Chat General discussion. Want to chat about anything not covered in another forum - This is the place!

Old 28-02-2014, 03:33 PM #26

Favourites:
BB16: Sarah

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyGoth View Post
I've heard that it's easy to become somewhat dependent on sleeping tablets. And it's probably best to avoid them.

Maybe try other things to get your sleep pattern on track, like cutting out teas and coffees, consuming less sugar plus cutting out drugs if you take them while clubbing.

Try going to bed at the same time, also reading is a great way to tire out your mind, it could even be something as simple as watching the stuff on tv or laptop that's keeping you energized. So maybe view the programs you want in the evening and forego looking at shows when it gets too late.
For someone with insomnia this just makes me think insomnia can start controlling your life even more if you have to schedule your sleep and abide by certain rules.
daniel-lewis-1985 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-02-2014, 03:39 PM #27
Z

Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel-lewis-1985 View Post
For someone with insomnia this just makes me think insomnia can start controlling your life even more if you have to schedule your sleep and abide by certain rules.
It does. I attended counselling (had my last ever session yesterday!) and one of the things we worked on was my problems with falling asleep. I have a time that I set an alarm for every day and I force myself to get up then regardless of how little sleep I've had. Eventually, you reset your body clock and you start becoming exhausted earlier because you're getting up so early and going all day. Also made an effort to cut out caffeine (i.e. fizzy drinks, rarely eat chocolate or drink coffee/tea) and making sure that when I get into bed, I am going there to sleep; not look at my phone or read a book or think about my problems - I do all that before I get into my bed and then just go there with an empty mind. It's worked wonders for me. Insomnia was ruining my life.
Z is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-02-2014, 03:46 PM #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zee View Post
It does. I attended counselling (had my last ever session yesterday!) and one of the things we worked on was my problems with falling asleep. I have a time that I set an alarm for every day and I force myself to get up then regardless of how little sleep I've had. Eventually, you reset your body clock and you start becoming exhausted earlier because you're getting up so early and going all day. Also made an effort to cut out caffeine (i.e. fizzy drinks, rarely eat chocolate or drink coffee/tea) and making sure that when I get into bed, I am going there to sleep; not look at my phone or read a book or think about my problems - I do all that before I get into my bed and then just go there with an empty mind. It's worked wonders for me. Insomnia was ruining my life.
This is my biggest problem! If I haven't got anything planned I'll spend most of the evening in my room, lying in bed and writing essays/watching netflix (mostly the later ). The main use for my bed isn't for sleeping anymore and that's usually why I find it so easy to slip into the early hours of the morning without realising.
Lewis. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-02-2014, 07:01 PM #29

Try Sominex from any chemist Half a tablet only or you'll feel lousy the next day. They are anti-histamine basically, of the drowsy kind and non addictive. I got the tip from a woman who worked for BA on long haul flights. She said Melatonin is the best thing but we can't buy it over the counter like they can in the USA.
Old 28-02-2014, 07:15 PM #30
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
Originally Posted by anne666 View Post
Try Sominex from any chemist Half a tablet only or you'll feel lousy the next day. They are anti-histamine basically, of the drowsy kind and non addictive. I got the tip from a woman who worked for BA on long haul flights. She said Melatonin is the best thing but we can't buy it over the counter like they can in the USA.
can u just ask for them?
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-02-2014, 08:54 PM #31
-

Favourites (more):
BB19: Tomasz
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

-

Favourites (more):
BB19: Tomasz
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Try ASMR, It's like a sleeping tablet, but free and more tingly and awesome.
(Google it)
T* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-02-2014, 09:04 PM #32
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewis. View Post
Does anyone on here use sleeping tablets? My sleep is so staggered at the moment, and I can't get to sleep unless I'm literally too exhausted to keep my eyes open, even if I am feeling quite tired or yawning - it just doesn't happen! Just wanted to get your view on whether sleeping tablets are worth the money as I really need to get some sort of sleeping pattern back!
try going for a run
michael21 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 12:00 AM #33

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Melatonin isn't really supposed to be for anyone under pensioner age though. I tried them and all I felt was laying there for 2 hours, fell asleep for 20 minutes and woke up with a hangover off them.

Im sorry but natural stuff just don't work on most people.

Gimme the valium anyday.
Old 01-03-2014, 10:17 AM #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
can u just ask for them?
Yes they're on sale as a sleep aid.
Old 01-03-2014, 10:26 AM #35

Quote:
Melatonin isn't really supposed to be for anyone under pensioner age though. I tried them and all I felt was laying there for 2 hours, fell asleep for 20 minutes and woke up with a hangover off them.

Im sorry but natural stuff just don't work on most people.

Gimme the valium anyday.
Melatonin is used to counter jet lag and used by adults of all ages.. My 6 year old niece who is severely disabled and blind is prescribed them for sleep as she's not aware of darkness , so her natural melatonin doesn't kick in. I agree for severe sleep disorder drugs work best. Short term and to establish a sleep pattern yes. Been down that route, Temazepam, Valium etc. in the past but they are hell to get off if you become addicted as I did. They were doled out by Doctors like Smarties at one time. If I can't sleep I never get up, never put the light on and don't look at the clock.
Old 01-03-2014, 11:14 AM #36
It's lacroix darling

Favourites (more):
BB12: Heaven
UBB: Makosi

It's lacroix darling

Favourites (more):
BB12: Heaven
UBB: Makosi

If you're going to use sleeping tablets only use them for a short while just to 'reset' your sleeping pattern if you know what I mean. Like use them for a few nights to get to sleep around the time you want to be a sleep and then try to hold off on them. Like others have said, you don't wanna be dependent on the things.

You're probably better off doing that first and try improving your sleep hygiene at the same time. That basically means no caffeinated drinks, napping, etc.
Old 01-03-2014, 01:10 PM #37

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Melatonin is used to counter jet lag and used by adults of all ages.. My 6 year old niece who is severely disabled and blind is prescribed them for sleep as she's not aware of darkness , so her natural melatonin doesn't kick in. I agree for severe sleep disorder drugs work best. Short term and to establish a sleep pattern yes. Been down that route, Temazepam, Valium etc. in the past but they are hell to get off if you become addicted as I did. They were doled out by Doctors like Smarties at one time. If I can't sleep I never get up, never put the light on and don't look at the clock.
Oh I agree with you 100% about the docs handing them out like smarties they used to give me like 56 zopiclone a month and that went on for 2 years when the recommended time is a one of 2 week prescription.

They create addicts, come to think of it we show sew lol coming off them is not a good feeling.
Old 02-03-2014, 06:31 PM #38

Quote:
Oh I agree with you 100% about the docs handing them out like smarties they used to give me like 56 zopiclone a month and that went on for 2 years when the recommended time is a one of 2 week prescription.

They create addicts, come to think of it we show sew lol coming off them is not a good feeling.
It took me many months at a time to get off many addictive drugs I was prescribed. Slowly was the only way not to go nuts all over again! I had a horrible breakdown and ended up in a Psychiatric Hospital many years ago. They did everything bar plugging me into the mains. Eventually a suitable chemical clog combination got me out of there but they were all highly addictive. The new anti-depressants thank goodness are nowhere near as hard to get off as the old nasties.Not hard at all really. I would go down that route rather than use sleeping tablets for any long period of time. Is anyone allowed to nowadays? They do generally get sleep sorted out. I do enjoy being a fruit loop!
Old 02-03-2014, 08:37 PM #39

Favourites:
BB14: Dexter
BB13: Deana

Favourites:
BB14: Dexter
BB13: Deana

i never sleep im like a vampire lol. never took sleeping tablets i should try them but i dont agree with tablets and drugs but i probably should

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
sleeping, tablets