Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Music This forum is for discussing artists, singles, albums, the charts and anything music-related.

Old 17-03-2014, 06:14 PM #26
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08marsh View Post
That's what I detest. She makes some catchy songs but the pretentious attitude puts me off. She likes to think she's changing music and original and a revolution but she isn't. She's so derivative she's started copying herself and she's only on album 3.
yeah

and her fans wouldn't shut up about how artpop was going to be HUGE and obliterate the charts at the expense other artists, how the breaking of her leg was all planned leading up to this big comeback. like they were absolutely unbearable

but she flopped like a floppy bitch and how her fanbase are telling us to shut up. like urm no soz
Me. I Am Salman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-03-2014, 06:17 PM #27
Can I get a witness?

Favourites (more):
IAC2019: Nadine Coyle
Strictly 2019: Michelle Visage

Can I get a witness?

Favourites (more):

GGGB > life
Old 17-03-2014, 06:18 PM #28

I don't like Rihanna really either but she doesn't walk around pretending she's god's gift to music.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-03-2014, 06:19 PM #29
Can I get a witness?

Favourites (more):

Can I get a witness?

Favourites (more):

tbh ArtPop was built up for like a year and it never lived up to the massive hype - it should have been released soon after the announcement not a 3-4 month gap between lead single and album
Old 17-03-2014, 06:50 PM #30

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash

Just like you are unbearable about Rihanna, the hypocrisy is unreal.
Black Dagger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-03-2014, 06:56 PM #31
Skinny Legend

Skinny Legend

Dd gaga doesn't think she's changing music

She's trying to encourage people to use their own talents, and empower them, what's pretentious about that

The scars on my mind are on replay
Smithy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-03-2014, 07:01 PM #32
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Dagger View Post
Just like you are unbearable about Rihanna, the hypocrisy is unreal.
anything I've said isn't remotely the same as the behaviour of little monsters but keep trying

Last edited by Me. I Am Salman; 17-03-2014 at 07:05 PM.
Old 17-03-2014, 07:01 PM #33
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salman! View Post
yeah

and her fans wouldn't shut up about how artpop was going to be HUGE and obliterate the charts at the expense other artists, how the breaking of her leg was all planned leading up to this big comeback. like they were absolutely unbearable

but she flopped like a floppy bitch and how her fanbase are telling us to shut up. like urm no soz
Yeah because only gaga fans are unbearable ofc
Jake. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-03-2014, 07:02 PM #34
Like a fine whiskey

Favourites:
CBB2024: Marisha Wallace
BB2023: Yinrun

Like a fine whiskey

Favourites:
CBB2024: Marisha Wallace
BB2023: Yinrun

This story at the time actually made me like GaGa more, it showed that she is in this business for the entertainment value more than anything. She likes to entertain and perform, what is wrong with that, you know if you go to one of her shows you are in for a ****ing fantastic night.

It's never too late to be who you once could have been...

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVN

Anyway there's an explanation and I don't really appreciate your tone. It's very aggressive so I'm going to close this, sorry for killing the internet mate

Benjamin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-03-2014, 07:03 PM #35
-

-

And stop with this 'flop' ****, it sold underwhelming, just like everyother pop woman's album this year (bar Beyoncé).

Last edited by Jake.; 17-03-2014 at 07:04 PM.
Old 17-03-2014, 07:04 PM #36
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin View Post
This story at the time actually made me like GaGa more, it showed that she is in this business for the entertainment value more than anything. She likes to entertain and perform, what is wrong with that, you know if you go to one of her shows you are in for a ****ing fantastic night.
This is why I actually began to like her in the first place, no matter what feel, you can't argue that she doesn't do it for her fans
Old 17-03-2014, 07:04 PM #37
Z

Z

She's openly said this on numerous occasions including on a Jonathan Ross interview a few years ago, this isn't new information. I doubt she was 'bankrupt' though. The real money from being a musician comes from touring; the more music you produce, the more hits you potentially have, therefore the more likely people are to come and see you and the more likely they are to pay lots of money to see you live. So the next logical step is to amp up how impressive your actual tour is so that more people want to see you, therefore the ticket prices go up to cover costs and turn a profit... which is all very self explanatory and seeing as popstars don't even get half of the profits of what their music makes, if they're on a major label and regardless of whether they're a writer on their songs or not, it's easy to see how a globally popular artist can have not very much money from the actual sales of their music and why they would choose to invest it all back into their tours so that they can try and make more of a profit for themselves.
Z is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-03-2014, 07:07 PM #38
Z

Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake. View Post
This is why I actually began to like her in the first place, no matter what feel, you can't argue that she doesn't do it for her fans
While I think that she does genuinely steer her career in a way that is designed to be for her fans, I disagree that that's the sole or even the main purpose of her investing all her money into producing these grand tours, the point is so she can make decent profits for herself because she'll have more input and therefore a bigger share of whatever profits the tour makes. She loves entertaining, sure, she loves her fans, of course, but all the love of performing in the world doesn't count for anything if you aren't making money out of it for your employers or for yourself. At least she's smart enough to know that she needs to go the extra mile just to look after for herself, because there will come a day when she's no longer considered to be on top of the game. All popstars have a shelf life.
Old 17-03-2014, 07:10 PM #39
-

-

The fact that Artpop has the fourth highest debut figures for a female artist last year in the US whilst only selling 260,000 would surely tell you something, but apparently not for some
Old 17-03-2014, 07:12 PM #40
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z View Post
While I think that she does genuinely steer her career in a way that is designed to be for her fans, I disagree that that's the sole or even the main purpose of her investing all her money into producing these grand tours, the point is so she can make decent profits for herself because she'll have more input and therefore a bigger share of whatever profits the tour makes. She loves entertaining, sure, she loves her fans, of course, but all the love of performing in the world doesn't count for anything if you aren't making money out of it for your employers or for yourself. At least she's smart enough to know that she needs to go the extra mile just to look after for herself, because there will come a day when she's no longer considered to be on top of the game. All popstars have a shelf life.
Oh no I agree, she's a business woman and as such does her best to make money, by 'you can't argue that she doesn't do it for her fans' I meant that she really does do her best to put on a show for them, that was all
Old 17-03-2014, 07:13 PM #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
Dd gaga doesn't think she's changing music
Given some of the garbage she comes out with it seems she does.

I love the open letters she writes to her fans where she refers to herself as some kind of god. "Open your hearts to me..." blah blah blah. She's worse than Madonna for being up her own arse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
She's trying to encourage people to use their own talents, and empower them, what's pretentious about that
No she isn't.

Last edited by Marsh.; 17-03-2014 at 07:13 PM.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-03-2014, 07:14 PM #42
Z

Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake. View Post
Oh no I agree, she's a business woman and as such does her best to make money, by 'you can't argue that she doesn't do it for her fans' I meant that she really does do her best to put on a show for them, that was all
Ah right my bad! Yes I agree in that case, while I do find her a bit pretentious and at times over the top, I appreciate that millions of people love that about her and she does her absolute best to put on a show worth talking about for her fans - she's intelligent and so is the majority of her output, out of all of the current crop of female popstars who've emerged in the last decade she's probably the most deserving of longevity, and I say that as someone who maybe only likes 3 or 4 of her songs.
Old 17-03-2014, 07:15 PM #43
User banned

User banned

People get soooo worked up on here with any minor criticism of her it's hilarious tbh

the worst example has to be this thread

http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/foru...t=#post6626634

It was so clearly a joke, if anything it was ridiculing gaga haters yet people on is forum still managed to get worked up
Old 17-03-2014, 07:18 PM #44
-

-

You could always argue your case without bringing up her fans, I've been able to have a discussion with you without bringing up the fact that you like Rihanna
Old 17-03-2014, 07:21 PM #45
-

-

And yeah Greg I agree, she's a pretentious bitch but a clever one, after she started out she saw what happened to pop stars who didn't stay in the limelight (Christina probably being a prime example sadly), and as much as people hate it, she managed to stay firmly in peoples mindsets... it might not be working now as well as it did before, but for whilst it lasted she did a good job of it, whilst also having the music to back this 'act' up

Last edited by Jake.; 17-03-2014 at 07:22 PM.
Old 17-03-2014, 08:22 PM #46
Can I get a witness?

Favourites (more):

Can I get a witness?

Favourites (more):

can we stick to topic y'all
Old 17-03-2014, 10:11 PM #47
Skinny Legend

Skinny Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08marsh View Post

No she isn't.
That's literally all she's being saying during ARTPOP

Quote:
CREATIVE REBELLION ‏@ladygaga Feb 16
Being different is a talent. You illuminate what makes you special in the sea of sameness around you.
Quote:
Your talents are light particles hovering within you. When you foster them these light particles multiply, making YOU shine brighter #ARTPOP
Quote:
I think we should take this one moment where we’re having this good time and we just do that thing where we put our phones away and just look at each other right now in this moment. Because when you leave the Earth, nobody’s gonna give a **** what you tweeted. Nobody’s gonna care what picture you posted or what you caught. They’re not gonna care about how famous I was. They’re going to care about what you leave here on this Earth, your footprint. They’re going to care about whose lives you saved, the people that you touched. They’re gonna care about that one person you told that one little inspirational thing to, and they look back at you and knew they weren’t alone. So be that for each other right now, and when you leave tonight, go home, grab your guitar, grab your piano, and grab your pen and paper, and don’t give up. Don’t let the machine and don’t let technology take you into a place where you don’t belong. Stay right here on the Earth, we need you. We need you to have crazy thoughts in your head. We need you to have ****ed up dreams. And we need you to fight for them every single day. Don’t not do it because you don’t think it’ll ever happen. Don’t think it can’t happen because it can. I promise you. It’s happening to me right now. So just wander the Earth and spread all the compassion and love you can with every song you write, every film you make, and every bit of art you leave.
Yes, she is

The scars on my mind are on replay
Smithy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
ball, bankrupt, gaga, lady, monster, tour