Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 19-03-2014, 11:12 AM #201

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josy View Post
And I think without any much evidence suggesting otherwise people are entitled to suspect them if they want.
People are entitled to do all manner of unpleasant things, doesn't make it right or pleasant to witness.
sassysocks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-03-2014, 11:12 AM #202
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassysocks View Post
Desperate parents - wouldn't you want to go to the ends of the earth to find out what happened to your child?
You mean..including physically searching?

And possibly allowing tests to be done on your remaining kids to make sure they werent drugged?

And being devastated at the news that death had been smelt in your apartment, rather than immediately disregarding what the dogs allegedly found?

When SY disregard the main suspect (bundleman/Jane Tanners sighting) you would put the new suspect (Smith sighting) on your site immediately..so that people are searching for the correct person, surely?

I could go on, but fear its quite pointless. The McCanns do not come across as if they care very much. I know thats an awful thing to say, but their behaviour has been totally off from the get go.
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.

Last edited by Vicky.; 19-03-2014 at 11:14 AM.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-03-2014, 11:14 AM #203
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
can you name a couple of UK ones?
http://missingkids.co.uk/missing/
Old 19-03-2014, 11:16 AM #204
0_o

0_o

http://www.findmadeleine.com/campaig...ed_people.html

This is the person everyone should be looking for btw...
Quote:
Quote:
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Old 19-03-2014, 11:23 AM #205

Quote:
Desperate parents - wouldn't you want to go to the ends of the earth to find out what happened to your child?
There was and is so much more they could have done or be doing, I don't need to post them again since they have already been posted throughout the threads and Vicky also posted a quick summary above.
Josy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-03-2014, 11:27 AM #206
0_o

0_o

Oh, also sitting on the Smith sighting for years and years. Who turns out to be the prime suspect? They did more damage to the search themselves than Amaral could ever have done tbh

Surely as a devastated parent you would use the 'fund' to follow up ALL leads, especially one in the right timeframe and area. Not totally ignore it?
Quote:
Quote:
Old 19-03-2014, 11:41 AM #207

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezzy View Post
I haven't either Vicky, I'm frankly shocked that anyone would think there was no neglect, especially when a creche was available for 10 euros.
Making a mistake, for which they have paid the worst price possible, does not make them child murderers. Half the problem is people see a case of neglect and want to play the blame game. They left their child, they must of killed her. It is insane.
Old 19-03-2014, 11:43 AM #208
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Making a mistake, for which they have paid the worst price possible, does not make them child murderers. Half the problem is people see a case of neglect and want to play the blame game. They left their child, they must of killed her. It is insane.
Not everyone that thinks they should be done for neglect thinks they murdered her..even a lot of people who think the parents are totally innocent in it all still think they neglected their kids that night and should be punished for it.

Infact I dont think murder is a popular theory anyway. The most common from what I have seen has been accidental death.

IMO with all of the contradictions and holes in the story it is just ridiculous to believe anything 100%. Whether that be that the parents are innocent or guilty or hiding the body. There is massive room for doubt from either side tbh.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 19-03-2014, 11:46 AM #209
Right Flower

Right Flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
That is not what i asked for. I am asking for an abducted UK child of a similar age who has gone missing and its not been major news?
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-03-2014, 11:51 AM #210
User banned

User banned

the british police never solve anything. this is yet another PR load of nonsense to try and buy themselves good publicity. theyre utterly useless and unfit for purpose
the truth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-03-2014, 12:03 PM #211
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
That is not what i asked for. I am asking for an abducted UK child of a similar age who has gone missing and its not been major news?
That's an old chestnut that pops up on here from time to time. Never seen any evidence of it though...

I think the McCanns, despite an horrific Internet campaign of abuse, backed up by wafer-thin allegations and virtually no evidence at all, by people who know nothing of the case but what they've read online, have done really well to keep Madeleine's name in the press and the case in people's minds. I think many people in their position would have submitted and let the trolls move on to something else. Keeping this alive in the press isn't an easy thing to do, you have to be committed to it.

Last edited by Livia; 19-03-2014 at 12:11 PM.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-03-2014, 12:05 PM #212

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezzy View Post
From the Mirror today:

"Madeleine McCann: Lawyer says 'Kate and Gerry McCann guilty of neglect for leaving her - and they weren't charged'

Gareth Morgan made the shocking claim while acting for a drink-driving mum who left her five-year-old son, who has Asperger syndrome, home alone at night

Yesterday a friend of Kate and Gerry McCann, both 45, blasted the comparison as “insensitive and plain wrong”.

The mum, 44, was caught after she crashed into a car at traffic lights. When the police went to her home they found the “extremely vulnerable” boy there.

The woman, who cannot be named, admitted neglect and was spared jail. But Mr Morgan pleaded for her freedom on the basis that Kate and Gerry McCann were never prosecuted for leaving daughter Madeleine alone in their holiday flat.

He told magistrates in Merthyr Tydfil, South Wales: “The parents of Madeleine McCann were guilty of child neglect for leaving their little girl much longer than my client. They were never prosecuted.

"The mother in this case is ashamed and remorseful at putting her young child at risk in the way she did.”

The McCanns left three-year-old Madeleine in their apartment in Portugal’s Praia da Luz while they dined with friends at a nearby tapas bar in May 2007.

What on earth would be the point of charging a couple who had already paid the ultimate price for their 'mistake'? It would be inhuman. The two cases are not comparable as the other woman mentioned did not lose her child. The McCanns have been punished enough and will pay for the rest of their lives. Baying for blood won't make it any worse for them.
Old 19-03-2014, 12:07 PM #213

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
That's an old chestnut that pops up on here from time to time. Never seen any evidence of it though...

I think the McCanns, despite an horrific Internet campaign of abuse, backed up by wafer-thin allegations and virtually no evidence at all, by people who know nothing of the case but when they've read online, have done really well to keep Madeleine's name in the press and the case in people's minds. I think many people in their position would have submitted and let the trolls move on to something else. Keeping this alive in the press isn't an easy thing to do, you have to be committed to it.
I couldn't agree more.
Old 19-03-2014, 12:07 PM #214
User banned

User banned

Quote:
What on earth would be the point of charging a couple who had already paid the ultimate price for their 'mistake'? It would be inhuman. The two cases are not comparable as the other woman mentioned did not lose her child. The McCanns have been punished enough and will pay for the rest of their lives. Baying for blood won't make it any worse for them.
I can't take you seriously when your username is sassysocks
Me. I Am Salman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-03-2014, 12:12 PM #215

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salman! View Post
I can't take you seriously when your username is sassysocks
What bit don't you like, the sass or the socks?
Old 19-03-2014, 12:18 PM #216

Quote:
I guarantee you if this was Tracey from Peckham estate that done the exact same thing they did in Peckham then she loses her other kids/kid for being "unfit mother". People lose their kids over much less.

Last edited by Brother Leon; 19-03-2014 at 12:19 PM.
Brother Leon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-03-2014, 12:31 PM #217
Right Flower

Right Flower

Quote:

I think the McCanns, despite an horrific Internet campaign of abuse, backed up by wafer-thin allegations and virtually no evidence at all, by people who know nothing of the case but what they've read online, have done really well to keep Madeleine's name in the press and the case in people's minds. I think many people in their position would have submitted and let the trolls move on to something else. Keeping this alive in the press isn't an easy thing to do, you have to be committed to it.
agreed, the hate is because they are middle class and people just dont like them
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-03-2014, 12:33 PM #218

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Leon View Post
I guarantee you if this was Tracey from Peckham estate that done the exact same thing they did in Peckham then she loses her other kids/kid for being "unfit mother". People lose their kids over much less.
That is another part of the problem - some have turned it into a class issue.

Just because they have money and possibly connections does not been they shouldn't use that advantage to find their daughter. Anyone would. All they can think about in that situation is their daughter and finding her, it is perfectly natural, it doesn't mean they don't care about other children. They are not going to abandon their search, with all the publicity, because others say it isn't fair.

One thing I think we can be sure of is they won't leave their children alone again. I wonder if the other woman mentioned as a comparison will drink and drive again whilst leaving her young child at home alone. She certainly didn't pay the same price.
Old 19-03-2014, 12:41 PM #219

Quote:
agreed, the hate is because they are middle class and people just dont like them
It's a bit more complex than that.

I don't agree with all of the people so adamant that they are guilty of something as though they know more than anyone. But there is quite a lot wrong and contradicting about the McCann's and it is fair to say if they weren't middle class doctors but unemployed people from a council estate then they'd have been treated a hell of a lot differently if it had come out that they'd abandoned the kids to go on a night of drinking.

Not necessarily the McCann's fault but our society's that we have such double standards.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-03-2014, 12:58 PM #220
User banned

User banned

Quote:
wrong its because 1) the girl was taken due to their negligence 2) they seemed to do this all the time 3) because so much public time and monies was spent on this case compared to the 100s of other kids who disappear every year and never get a fraction of this time and money spent on finding them. its totally unfair.
Old 19-03-2014, 12:59 PM #221
User banned

User banned

Quote:
That is another part of the problem - some have turned it into a class issue.

Just because they have money and possibly connections does not been they shouldn't use that advantage to find their daughter. Anyone would. All they can think about in that situation is their daughter and finding her, it is perfectly natural, it doesn't mean they don't care about other children. They are not going to abandon their search, with all the publicity, because others say it isn't fair.

One thing I think we can be sure of is they won't leave their children alone again. I wonder if the other woman mentioned as a comparison will drink and drive again whilst leaving her young child at home alone. She certainly didn't pay the same price.
leaving 3 very young kids on their own in an unlocked apartment abroad is mental

Last edited by the truth; 19-03-2014 at 01:00 PM.
Old 19-03-2014, 01:02 PM #222
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
I know... and because no one on here with kids has ever left them alone, or done anything stupid at all. I mean, I watched my brother throw my niece up into the air when she wast little, just playing with her... and crack her head on the ceiling. He said to me afterwards, what a riciculous thing to do... luckily she was fine be we all had a sharp intake of breath. When we were kids my parents would leave us asleep to eat outside with friends, checking on us regularly... maybe my parents are monsters. But I doubt it.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-03-2014, 01:03 PM #223
User banned

User banned

Quote:
I know... and because no one on here with kids has ever left them alone, or done anything stupid at all. I mean, I watched my brother throw my niece up into the air when she wast little, just playing with her... and crack her head on the ceiling. He said to me afterwards, what a riciculous thing to do... luckily she was fine be we all had a sharp intake of breath. When we were kids my parents would leave us asleep to eat outside with friends, checking on us regularly... maybe my parents are monsters. But I doubt it.
yeah but they were leaving these 3 very young kids alone every night abroad in an unlocked apartment? thats absurd
Old 19-03-2014, 01:10 PM #224
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08marsh View Post
It's a bit more complex than that.

I don't agree with all of the people so adamant that they are guilty of something as though they know more than anyone. But there is quite a lot wrong and contradicting about the McCann's and it is fair to say if they weren't middle class doctors but unemployed people from a council estate then they'd have been treated a hell of a lot differently if it had come out that they'd abandoned the kids to go on a night of drinking.

Not necessarily the McCann's fault but our society's that we have such double standards.

..I totally agree with this, I think the McCanns were completely wrong to leave their children alone in a holiday apartment while they went out, they were as wrong as anyone else would be regardless of who they were, as a parent I find it an astonishing thing to do with children so young...but I don't believe that their 'neglect' as parents assumes anything else sinister that they may have done...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-03-2014, 01:32 PM #225
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
..I totally agree with this, I think the McCanns were completely wrong to leave their children alone in a holiday apartment while they went out, they were as wrong as anyone else would be regardless of who they were, as a parent I find it an astonishing thing to do with children so young...but I don't believe that their 'neglect' as parents assumes anything else sinister that they may have done...
im absolutely amazed the social services didnt get involved. it was gross negligence to say the least

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
arrests, british, case, madeleine, make, mccann, police, preparing