Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 03-04-2007, 10:00 AM #1

Default Coleen cake fiver on Ebay

From the Daily Star

COLEEN McLoughlin was fuming last night after discovering a guest at her 21st bash was trying to flog one of her miniature birthday cakes on eBay.

More than 150 of the iced sponge snacks were handed out as a memento.

But just hours after the lavish party ended, one was already up for sale on the auction website – with an asking price of a fiver.

The cakes bore a photo of Coleen on sugar paper and came on a silver platter in a two-inch box.

When told about the offer, Wayne Rooney’s fiancée was reported to be furious that someone wanted to cash in on her generosity.

She told pals: “It’s an insult. Whoever has done this should feel ashamed.”

One friend who was at the bash said: “She thinks it is mean, cheap and petty and feels let down.

“She was hoping everyone would hold on to the cakes. And if they weren’t going to save them, she hoped they might at least enjoy the cake with a glass of bubbly.”

The cake was placed on eBay with an initial asking price of £5 at 9.36pm on Sunday – just 16 hours after the last guests left the bash at Thornton Manor, Merseyside.

It was thought interest from collectors of celeb memorabilia would push up the price. But by last night just one £5 bid had been lodged.

Coleen was also angry an unidentified blonde guest flashed her left boob as she left the bash.

The pal added: “Coleen thought this woman went too far. She believes looking sexy is one thing but flashing your t*ts is tacky.”

lol

I bet she wouldn't be as upset if the price had gone up to £50,000.
Mrluvaluva is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 10:07 AM #2

And from The Daily Mirror

WAYNE Rooney's cousin Natalie yesterday admitted she was the mystery girl who flashed a boob at Coleen McLoughlin's 21st birthday celebration.

Natalie, 17, giggled: "Isn't it hilarious? I think the drink must have got to me.

"It was a great night and as we were coming out there were photographers taking pictures.

"I just gave them a quick flash. It was a spur of the moment thing. I couldn't believe it when I saw it in the Mirror."

Coleen had ordered friends and relatives to be on their best behaviour for the £500,000 party - and even issued a six-page booklet explaining how to conduct themselves around star guests such as Steven Gerrard and Rio Ferdinand.

But Natalie, a telephonist, is confident Coleen will be amused by her cheeky display outside Thornton Manor, Wirral, on Saturday.

She added: "Coleen will probably go mad at first, but she'll see the funny side. I'm sure Wayne and Coleen will have a laugh about it. It was just a bit of fun. My boyfriend is made up.

He thinks I look great." The lavish party included circus entertainers and fairground rides. The Sugarbabes performed their hits and sang Happy Birthday to Coleen.

She wore a £3,000 white dress with tight-fitting bodice, hand-embroidered with gold sequins and made by Princess Diana's designer Amanda Wakeley.

The centre-piece of the party was a 5ft cake decorated with Coleen's favourite things - designer shoes and bags, Chanel sunglasses, diamonds and a picture of fiance Wayne.

The Manchester United striker, who gave Coleen a £200,000 diamond ring, said: "She looks beautiful tonight and I'm very proud of her."

Coleen said: "It's the best party I could ever have imagined."

Hello! magazine has paid £1.5million for exclusive rights to the party and Wayne and Coleen's wedding next year.
Old 09-04-2007, 03:59 PM #3

She is a girl who can have pretty much anything she wants, yet she has two sides...this nice innocent schoolgirl come wag who looks after her sister with difficulties an this stroppy demanding side where she thinks she is better than anyone else. She needs to see who she really is and stick to it and not keep putting on fronts.
GlitterEyes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 06:40 PM #4

I just think it's quite funny that someone would actually put a peice of her cake on e-bay for a fiver. Are they that desperate? Did they think it would sell for thousands? It would be good to find out how much it actually sold for (if it did sell).
Old 11-04-2007, 01:09 AM #5

coleen disgusts me
Psylocke is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 11:06 PM #6

I find it even more funny that Coleen would place her own pic onto the cakes...I find that rather tacky and vain. All this fuss over her 21sts...jeez when her wedding comes up what will she have then?!
Old 12-04-2007, 07:38 PM #7

Wouldn't it put you off the cake having her face on it?
Old 14-04-2007, 02:45 PM #8

Maybe having a little "smiley" face on it would be seen as fun and cute but maybe not 21 lol. Having her face on it just seems arrogant and vain. I wouldn't purchase a coleen cake...not sure many would unless it contained some form of "secret receipe"

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
cake, coleen, ebay, fiver