Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB15 Big Brother 15 - aka Big Brother: Power Trip. The launch date was Thursday 5th June 2014. Discuss the series won by Helen Wood here.

- - - - - - - - - -

Old 27-07-2014, 07:55 PM #26
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Luke A
BB12: Harry

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnyuk123 View Post
Has she ever mentioned missing her son in the house?
No ,but she cried over missing her mates week ago
chuff me dizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-07-2014, 08:02 PM #27
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

It actually makes a change not having a housemate go on and on about missing their family,often parents or at least one parent can be away a lot longer than 9/10 weeks depending on what work they are in.

I dare bet Helen has talked a lot about her Son however and BB have decided never to show that, being so obsessed with Steven and Kimberley and getting some daft romance going.

I can almost now take on board we never get the true and fair editing of housemates from BB now, as to how they really are near all the time in house and as to their more entertaining antics too.

Last edited by joeysteele; 27-07-2014 at 08:03 PM.
joeysteele is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-07-2014, 08:04 PM #28

Favourites (more):
BB16: Jack
CBB15: Katie Hopkins

Favourites (more):
BB16: Jack
CBB15: Katie Hopkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
It actually makes a change not having a housemate go on and on about missing their family,often parents or at least one parent can be away a lot longer than 9/10 weeks depending on what work they are in.

I dare bet Helen has talked a lot about her Son however and BB have decided never to show that, being so obsessed with Steven and Kimberley and getting some daft romance going.

I can almost now take on board we never get the true and fair editing of housemates from BB now, as to how they really are near all the time in house and as to their more entertaining antics too.

Without the 24/7 coverage, you are right.
abhorson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-07-2014, 08:22 PM #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannashag View Post
I'm not swallowing that nonsense.

Nor am I...stupid cow.

Not once has she mentioned her son...how cold and calculating is she..
rusticgal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-07-2014, 09:57 PM #30

Favourites (more):
CBB14: Gary
BB15: Ashleigh

Favourites (more):
CBB14: Gary

I thought she came across quite genuine for once tonight, although she may have had a bit to drink, and probably is homesick as most people would be after nearly 8 weeks. she may well have spoken about her son,and it has just not been shown. However i think that one mostly positive diary room doesnt session makes up for all the hurtful things that she has said to different housemates. She still shouldnt win
susie q is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-07-2014, 11:00 PM #31

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWong View Post

What a load of ****e!
Yes,I agree with this.She can see the final approach,She's going for the 'journey' angle.She'll be back shagging celebs soon enough.
Northern Monkey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-07-2014, 11:04 PM #32

She has turned it around for me! At the beginning i hated her vile argumentative ways.. But she seems so much more genuine and down to earth now! She is a nice person down under I think..
Jamie585 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-07-2014, 11:06 PM #33
Sandra Diaz Twine

Favourites (more):
BB18: Raph
BBCanada 5: Ika
Sandra Diaz Twine

Favourites (more):
BB18: Raph
BBCanada 5: Ika

You can say whatever you want honey enjoy ur 5th
Old 27-07-2014, 11:37 PM #34

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

I'm inclined to think Helen is feeling sorry for herself. Among all the stuff about feeling homesick etc she says she doesn't want to be the same person who came into the house 'because I don't want to treated like an idiot anymore' and 'be taken for a fool'. That doesn't gel with wanting to change because she realizes her behaviour wasn't good and affected other people in a bad way. Her words are confusing and point to blaming others, not herself.

I also think that now its nearing the end, she is worried about the reception she will get in the outside world. I feel her distress over Steven going and the boos he got was more a reflection of her fear of getting the same or worse.
I'm not saying she doesn't miss him as well, but with Helen a lot of what happens she relates to herself and how she feels without having empathy for others. I've observed that time and time again. An example of this is when she told Mark she didn't understand until Steven went how he felt when Matthew was evicted. That's very telling; that she doesn't feel empathy or understanding unless she experiences the same situation herself.
Is she beginning to realize she may be going to reap what she sowed?

Last edited by jet; 27-07-2014 at 11:48 PM.
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-07-2014, 12:19 AM #35
나한테 복어 줘

나한테 복어 줘

I think her life will be much tougher after she leaves the house. Yes, some people will like and respect her and that's just fine and dandy. However, rightly or wrongly depending on your POV, she's also going to have to deal with a lot sh!t from haters. The true test of her character and proof of any kind of 'journey' will be evident in how she responds to the negativity. Personally, my money would be on her lashing out aggressively. Sad but true.
Old 28-07-2014, 01:05 AM #36
Platinum Member

Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish_Fingers View Post
I think her life will be much tougher after she leaves the house.
Absolutely.

Helen's "fresh start" will be a life which may well be crappier than before. Plenty of hate awaits her.

Can't say I'll shed any tears about that..............
CaudleHalbard is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-07-2014, 01:26 AM #37

Favourites:

Favourites:

Good for her.
Still shouldn't win given how nasty she's been though .
Bedouin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-07-2014, 04:53 AM #38
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

..I personally wouldn't read anything into her not ever mentioning her son or it not been shown, I think it was the same with Luisa in CBB but whatever people think of them, there is no reason to believe they are anything other than good and loving mothers..and if you've made the decision to go into the BB house, sometimes talking about these things/the people you miss dearly/love can only make you feel more homesick so to a certain extent, I would think the only way to get through is to try to distract your mind with other things and things happening in the house....so anyway to me, the fact that she has never mentioned her son would be no indication/reflection at all of her love for him..and I'm sure she's left him in the safest of hands and he's having the best time without her and being thoroughly spoiled by grandparents or whatever....

..I do think she's genuinely learning something about herself with this experience...whether it be because she's scared of the boos/public reception etc..does it matter how the 'lesson is learned'..?...even if was all centred on herself atm, it's still the same lesson, surely..?...anyway, I still think there is so much more for her to learn in so many ways about her social awareness and interaction and that won't be done in the BB house..it will take a lot of time and determination/sincerity on her part..and yeah, probably therapy but therapy is something most of us could benefit from at times in our lives anyway...we're all works in progress to greater or lesser degrees...I still don't personally think it's enough for me to want her to win BB because I think hers is the most 'vocal' journey, the most obvious one but I think others have also contributed greatly and also are taking their own journey, equally...yeah Ashleigh, I was going to say that....but also Christopher in how he makes people around him feel toward him even though he does nothing wrong..?..that's something he could learn..and also Chris..yeah, he's kind of 'falling apart' atm and not doing himself any favours in terms of popularity but why are the emotions all surfacing atm..?..I think he's in a personal crisis time as well...I guess after several weeks of not being able to take a breath with all of the hostility/arguments..they're all having time to think about things more and all of the build up of thoughts and emotions are being released....
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-07-2014, 06:56 AM #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
I'm inclined to think Helen is feeling sorry for herself. Among all the stuff about feeling homesick etc she says she doesn't want to be the same person who came into the house 'because I don't want to treated like an idiot anymore' and 'be taken for a fool'. That doesn't gel with wanting to change because she realizes her behaviour wasn't good and affected other people in a bad way. Her words are confusing and point to blaming others, not herself.

I also think that now its nearing the end, she is worried about the reception she will get in the outside world. I feel her distress over Steven going and the boos he got was more a reflection of her fear of getting the same or worse.
I'm not saying she doesn't miss him as well, but with Helen a lot of what happens she relates to herself and how she feels without having empathy for others. I've observed that time and time again. An example of this is when she told Mark she didn't understand until Steven went how he felt when Matthew was evicted. That's very telling; that she doesn't feel empathy or understanding unless she experiences the same situation herself.
Exactly this!
Blue Cadillac is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-07-2014, 07:05 AM #40
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post

excellently put
chuff me dizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-07-2014, 07:16 AM #41
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

All we are seeing is people positioning themselves now the final is in sight. If they succeed in hoodwinking people now, after their behavior in previous weeks, they will have achieved their aim
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-07-2014, 08:07 AM #42

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticgal View Post
Nor am I...stupid cow.

Not once has she mentioned her son...how cold and calculating is she..
How on earth do you know that? we see ONE hour everynight,she may well have mentioned him,people are so nasty and then turn round and complain about Helens harsh words,it's laughable.

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-07-2014, 08:32 AM #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeballPaul View Post
Yes,I agree with this.She can see the final approach,She's going for the 'journey' angle.She'll be back shagging celebs soon enough.
True
Patricia4 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-07-2014, 08:38 AM #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
I find it endearing,I think she genuinely didn't want Steven to go and I really hope she has learned more about herself.

She doesn't need to play on anything at all really,she knows she is unlikely to win and she knows she is in the final no matter what.

So she doesn't need to be false as to saying this at all. Nothing to gain or lose by it at all.
But she has, she wants total redemption from her previous sins, amazing she mentions her son after weeks away, how provident when letters from home are on the cards.

Helen will be first out final week, especially with the Rooneys millions behind voting her out.
poppsywoppsy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-07-2014, 08:59 AM #45
Lynne

Favourites (more):
CBB17: David Gest
BB15: Chris
Lynne

Favourites (more):
CBB17: David Gest
BB15: Chris

In my opinion she is playing the game and cranking up for the final - hopefully she will be first out after her nasty behaviour in there - I'm not buying the whole "I want to turn my life around" angle at all.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
feeling, fresh, helen, homesick, start