Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB15 Big Brother 15 - aka Big Brother: Power Trip. The launch date was Thursday 5th June 2014. Discuss the series won by Helen Wood here.

- - - - - - - - - -

Old 12-08-2014, 05:15 PM #51
Silly rabbit.

Favourites (more):
BB15: Kimberly
CBB 13: Jasmine Waltz
Silly rabbit.

Favourites (more):
BB15: Kimberly
CBB 13: Jasmine Waltz

Probably not.
Old 12-08-2014, 06:48 PM #52

No. Absolutely not.
She would bore me senseless and I just don't trust her.

I get the impression she only has time for people who constantly tell her how wonderful she is. Danielle absolutely fawned over her, as does Chris.
Yet she never defended Danielle when the rest were saying that she had dragged Ashleigh down and how the house was better without her. She nodded along when Mark was saying how horrible Chris was for letting Christopher fight his battle.
I don't really believe she has much loyalty for people unless they have some use to her like not nominating her, or stroking her ego, or agreeing to power nominate the people she wants.

(I know people say the same about Helen but in the past Mark did openly and vigorously disagree with Helen over things and she still remained close friends with him. She's had both Toya and Pav in the bathroom telling her how terrible her traits are and she actually agreed and didn't instantly fight with them over it -although she did get drunk and blow her chances with Toya by going straight out afterwards and complaining about Danielle to the boys.
Her friends seem to constantly point out her bad traits to her like being aggressive but she still remains friends with them. She has tried to acknowledge her faults and even became much closer to Chris for awhile after discussing ways in which she needs to change.
It is just unfortunate that she waked in at the wrong point of conversation between Ashleigh and Chris as I do believe her interpretation of the conversation genuinely hurt and surprised her because they had being getting along so well. So I don't believe for a second that Helen only likes people who are "up her arse" or "people who always agree with her.")

Ashleigh on the other hand, her pals seem more like adoring fans rather than regular friends. Constantly telling her what a beautiful, wonderful, amazing young girl she is.

Ashleigh took a strong dislike to and bitched about Helen long before Helen ever did anything to her personally. I recall in the early days that Ashleigh would say she felt ignored by Helen or else that Helen didn't have much time for her. (which may have just been the age difference imo, Helen hadn't actually uttered a bad word to her), I remember Helen sometimes just innocently walking past Danielle and Ashleigh in the house or garden and Ashleigh with a look of pure contempt muttering things like "she's disgusting" and/or commenting on Helen's plastic surgery. Or the face on her when Helen and Kim exercised. She just came across as a nasty jealous little bitch to me.
When Ashleigh's hostility to her became a little more obvious with dirty looks and stuff, I also remember Helen in the area they do their hair, speaking with Kim and Jale and Helen being very confused as to what Ashleigh's problem was with her, and saying she had never done or said a single thing to that girl. She was wary about confronting her because of the age difference, but did seem genuinely confused as to what Ashleigh's problem was.

I don't think Ashleigh liked when Ash voted Helen has the most attractive housemate early on, or the way Ash also never had huge time for her but was much more interested in Helen. The absolute shock from her with Chris saying Helen was the hottest housemate, and the bitchy little comment in the garden "there goes your sexiest housemate". All quite spiteful and comes across insecure to me.

I think Ashleigh is used to people fawning over her and telling her what a wonderful human being she is, so took an instant dislike to the people who didn't give her the attention she is accustomed to.
I know as the series progressed Helen's arguments with others gave plenty more reasons for Ashleigh to genuinely have a problem with and not like her, but I really believe Ashleigh started the bitchiness and the hostility between just the two of them, and I believe it was because she hated the fact Helen and Ash just didn't give her enough attention at the start.

I think Ashleigh may be used to being the prettiest and most opinionated in her own group of friends and perhaps even often getting her own way, people telling her she's great etc. Which is why I think she was so quiet in the house at the start because she wasn't the centre of attention anymore.
Might also explain the constant miserable puss on her face too.

A lot of this is of course just supposition on my part, but this is just the impression I get of her from the hour we see each night.

(I of course don't think Helen is a saint either, has obviously got some very bad traits too but I would still trust her more as a friend over Ashleigh)
Pink Pegasus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 06:51 PM #53

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPinkpegasusx View Post
No. Absolutely not.

I get the impression she only has time for people who constantly tell her how wonderful she is. Danielle absolutely fawned over her, as does Chris.
Yet she never defended Danielle when the rest were saying that she had dragged Ashleigh down and how the house was better without her. She nodded along when Mark was saying how horrible Chris was for letting Christopher fight his battle.
I don't really believe she has much loyalty for people unless they have some use to her like not nominating her, or stroking her ego, or agreeing to power nominate the people she wants.

(I know people say the same about Helen but in the past Mark did openly and vigorously disagree with Helen over things and she still remained close friends with him. She's had both Toya and Pav in the bathroom telling her how terrible her traits are and she actually agreed and didn't instantly fight with them over it -although she did get drunk and blow her chances with Toya by going straight out afterwards and complaining about Danielle to the boys.
Her friends seem to constantly point out her bad traits to her like being aggressive but she still remains friends with them. She has tried to acknowledge her faults and even became much closer to Chris for awhile after discussing ways in which she needs to change.
It is just unfortunate that she waked in at the wrong point of conversation between Ashleigh and Chris as I do believe her interpretation of the conversation genuinely hurt and surprised her because they had being getting along so well. So I don't believe for a second that Helen only likes people who are "up her arse" or "people who always agree with her.")

Ashleigh on the other hand, her pals seem more like adoring fans rather than regular friends. Constantly telling her what a beautiful, wonderful, amazing young girl she is.

Ashleigh took a strong dislike to and bitched about Helen long before Helen ever did anything to her personally. I recall in the early days that Ashleigh would say she felt ignored by Helen or else that Helen didn't have much time for her. (which may have just been the age difference imo, Helen hadn't actually uttered a bad word to her), I remember Helen sometimes just innocently walking past Danielle and Ashleigh in the house or garden and Ashleigh with a look of pure contempt muttering things like "she's disgusting" and/or commenting on Helen's plastic surgery. Or the face on her when Helen and Kim exercised. She just came across as a nasty jealous little bitch to me.
When Ashleigh's hostility to her became a little more obvious with dirty looks and stuff, I also remember Helen in the area they do their hair, speaking with Kim and Jale and Helen being very confused as to what Ashleigh's problem was with her, and saying she had never done or said a single thing to that girl. She was wary about confronting her because of the age difference, but did seem genuinely confused as to what Ashleigh's problem was.

I don't think Ashleigh liked when Ash voted Helen has the most attractive housemate early on, or the way Ash also never had huge time for her but was much more interested in Helen. The absolute shock from her with Chris saying Helen was the hottest housemate, and the bitchy little comment in the garden "there goes your sexiest housemate". All quite spiteful and comes across insecure to me.

I think Ashleigh is used to people fawning over her and telling her what a wonderful human being she is, so took an instant dislike to the people who didn't give her the attention she is accustomed to.
I know as the series progressed Helen's arguments with others gave plenty more reasons for Ashleigh to genuinely have a problem with and not like her, but I really believe Ashleigh started the bitchiness and the hostility between just the two of them, and I believe it was because she hated the fact Helen and Ash just didn't give her enough attention at the start.

I think Ashleigh may be used to being the prettiest and most opinionated in her own group of friends and perhaps even often getting her own way, people telling her she's great etc. Which is why I think she was so quiet in the house at the start because she wasn't the centre of attention anymore.

A lot of this is of course just supposition on my part, but this is just the impression I get of her from the hour we see each night.

(I of course don't think Helen is a saint either, has obviously got some very bad traits too but I would still trust her more as a friend over Ashleigh)
Liam- is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 06:52 PM #54
I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Tom
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Tom
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

No i dont fancy a 9inch blade stuck between my shoulders
Denver is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 06:52 PM #55
filthy mudblood

Favourites (more):
BB16: Amy & Sally
X Factor 2014: Only The Young

filthy mudblood

Favourites (more):
BB16: Amy & Sally
X Factor 2014: Only The Young

That was a good read Pinkpegasus
Old 12-08-2014, 06:54 PM #56
more more more

Favourites (more):
BB16: Jade
BB15: Ashleigh

more more more

Favourites (more):
BB15: Ashleigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
I would want to be Ashleigh's friend because she is a lovely person. I don't hate people who are lovely, I hate nasty bullies like Helen.
This.
M X is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 06:55 PM #57
Wanderer

Favourites (more):
BB16: Chloe
CBB15: Cami Li
Wanderer

Favourites (more):
BB16: Chloe
CBB15: Cami Li

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamPRW View Post
Was a pretty good post that.
Creggle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 06:57 PM #58
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Quote:
No. Absolutely not.

Post of this thread for me, really well presented and all true as well.
joeysteele is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 07:11 PM #59

No I couldn't think of any thing worse than having Ashleigh as a friend I could ever trust someone like her & she can be quite vicious with her mouth!
Apenguin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 08:14 PM #60
Virtual Biscuit Eater

Favourites (more):
CBB14: Audley
CBB 11: Speidi
Virtual Biscuit Eater

Favourites (more):
CBB14: Audley
CBB 11: Speidi

Pink pegasus post says it all !

Who wants friends like that ?

Anyone who constructs 'evil plans' is best avoided in my experience
Robodog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 08:25 PM #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy View Post
I went right off Pav last night ,he was using Helen to try to make himself look big while twisting a knife in her back ,the speech in the toilet was all for HIM, not Helen ,his defence of her in task was unreal for someone supposed to be a friend
,he deliberately kept pushing the "aggressive" bit ,he would not be a loyal friend to anyone
That is spot on Chuff! ...didn't really know what to think about the lad before he managed to finally slot himself into Helen's group [except that he has been playing the 'poor me' card for a month] and then when he made his play for 'straight-talking-friend' last night...but was so obviously self-serving!] ...I do not want him to make top 4!...and think that 5th place just in front of Sadleigh is the correct position for him to finish!

.....Oh! by the way, I forgot what the thread was about for a second. lol..

"Would I want to be friends with Ashleigh?"....erm, I don't know because I don't think that anyone has really seen the real Ashleigh have they??....but if you mean the Ashleigh that she is playing on the gameshow?....NOT ON YOUR NELLIE!!

Good job it's Big Brother!........Big Sister would be Evil!

Last edited by Lex; 12-08-2014 at 08:33 PM.
Lex is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 08:33 PM #62
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Luke A
BB12: Harry

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
No. Absolutely not.

Excellent post ,and all so true
chuff me dizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 08:35 PM #63
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex View Post
That is spot on Chuff! ...didn't really know what to think about the lad before he managed to finally slot himself into Helen's group [except that he has been playing the 'poor me' card for a month] and then when he made his play for 'straight-talking-friend' last night...but was so obviously self-serving!] ...I do not want him to make top 4!...and think that 5th place just in front of Sadleigh is the correct position for him to finish!

.....Oh! by the way, I forgot what the thread was about for a second. lol..

"Would I want to be friends with Ashleigh?"....erm, I don't know because I don't think that anyone has really seen the real Ashleigh have they??....but if you mean the Ashleigh that she is playing on the gameshow?....NOT ON YOUR NELLIE!!
Theres no flies on Chuff !!
chuff me dizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 08:37 PM #64

Quote:
No. Absolutely not.

Good job it's Big Brother!........Big Sister would be Evil!
Lex is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 08:47 PM #65
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BBUSA19: Cody
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BBUSA19: Cody

Quote:
Yet Helen's the one who had a stable clique following her around the whole series and cast people away who wouldn't interact with her on her own terms
Old 12-08-2014, 08:52 PM #66

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Quote:
No. Absolutely not.

Post of the season tbh.

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 09:07 PM #67

Favourites (more):
X Factor 2014: Lauren Platt

Favourites (more):
X Factor 2014: Lauren Platt

Yep. I like honest people.
Old 12-08-2014, 09:08 PM #68

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith
Love Island 6: Sophie

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith
Love Island 6: Sophie

Jesus no I would prefer Helen as a friend than that miserable bitch and that is saying something
rionablue is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 09:11 PM #69

No I
Christmas time is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 09:15 PM #70

Favourites (more):
BB18: Raph
BB17: Andy

Favourites (more):
BB18: Raph
BB17: Andy

If the choices are Ashleigh or Helen, then I'd rather be friends with Ashleigh. Overall probably not because she's not really the kind of person I'd be friends with, the only person in the house who I think I'd really get along with is Chris. Ashleigh seems like a nice, caring, funny and intelligent person, but ultimately not really on my wavelength.

BB17: Andy | BB16: Joel | BB15: Chris | BB14: Dexter/Gina | BB13: Adam/Luke A | BB12: Harry | BB11: -- | BB10: -- | BB9: -- | BB8: Brian | BB7: Pete | BB6: Derek | BB5: Daniel | BB4: Jon | BB3: Sandy | BB2: Brian | BB1: Anna
mrflibble is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 09:54 PM #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
Post of this thread for me, really well presented and all true as well.

Definately would not be Ashleighs friend. She is boring.
She has no positive qualities whatsoever.
sungrass is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 10:00 PM #72
Team Grrumpy

Team Grrumpy

No, no, categorically no!
mr rochester is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 10:05 PM #73

Probably not. Too much negativity and not much loyalty either to make it worth it.
Brother Leon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 10:29 PM #74

Only as a **** friend
Old 13-08-2014, 06:22 AM #75
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
No. Absolutely not.

..hey PinkPegasus, I always love to read your posts and while I don't entirely see the same perspective, as always it's very intelligently and thoughtfully put...I can totally see why you have your opinions and it's so refreshing...I think for me, I'm on similar thought process in some areas but just a different perspective and take on it and I think that maybe these things are a lot down to our own life experiences and those of people we know....

..I can see what you say about her remaining friends with Mark etc so maybe the issue has been more with Ashleigh..?...I think I see that..(and looking at her 'clique'..) that she has been much more 'forgiving' with the males and that she does have a real trust issue with females in general...she didn't have that with Kimberley so much I know but then Kimberley was kind of an 'item' with Steven and therefore much more accepted but I think Helen needs the attention and she needs to feel control and is maybe able to 'control' men more or feels more 'power' with them..?....

..she does point out her faults as well but for me she does it in a dismissive way as though they're not really faults because they're 'just her' so therefore don't need to be addressed..Ash reinforces this with her as well as 'it's just Helen's way'...and I'm sure he considers himself a good friend etc and he is but he's also an excuser I think....and that for me is why she reacts so forcefully and aggressively when others point out her faults because they're not dismissing them or excusing them in the way that she and her 'clique' do....

..yeah, Ashleigh's friends are often complimenting her but so are Helen's friends in a way that they justify her and tell her she's a general good egg in so many ways by excusing her...she's also been complimented many times for her appearance etc....but complimenting friends and seeing the best in them and realising there are 'down' times when they need to hear these things is what most people do...

..I think maybe you're right and maybe Ashleigh did feel ignored by Helen very early on and I think that may have sparked some feelings of 'being excluded' from the off and feelings she's had in the past of being excluded and bullied..?...it's funny how associations of the mind can give 'first impressions' and sometimes a bad start can just be hard to put right again type thing or hard to change I should say...

...I'm kind of starting to wonder myself if it would be better if neither of them were to win.....but yeah, we may have different perspectives and they've certainly been interesting housemates but I always love your take and opinions on the housemates....
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
ashleigh, friend