Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB15 Big Brother 15 - aka Big Brother: Power Trip. The launch date was Thursday 5th June 2014. Discuss the series won by Helen Wood here.

- - - - - - - - - -

Old 17-08-2014, 07:53 AM #51
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

..I agree with both Riona and Joey...I have been an Ashleigh fan almost from the beginning/although not necessarily my favourite as such, just of the two females..?...but I think that when BB put Helen into the secret room they were hoping for 'typical behaviour patterns' from both of them...Ashleigh to discuss Helen critically/bitch etc and then the reaction of rage from Helen...personally I think it would be natural to discuss a housemate you've really not connected at all with once they had left the house but that aside...unfortunately for Ashleigh she did fall into 'typical behaviour' and the bitching happened but Helen did not, she completely denied BB what they had hoped for...in a way, it wasn't so much a victory over Ashleigh, which I won't take away from her and her fans for that but more a victory over BB who have manipulated and nurtured this 'feud' throughout and given very little of either their 'good balance' or of other housemates.....

....that would only be on the last few days though and I'm sure voting in her favour wasn't only that but maybe helped and she showed a 'maturity'....but then Ashleigh is ONLY EIGHTEEN YRS.........but yeah, no fixes/just final out manoeuvring....

Last edited by Ammi; 17-08-2014 at 07:54 AM.
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-08-2014, 08:38 AM #52
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
BB19: Sian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeballPaul View Post
I don't think it was a fix.Just a terrible heavily manipulated series.
Join that up with fickle voters and you have got yourself a winner, why was live feed pulled completely for this series but back for CBB? I don't believe it was fixed in voting terms, but in the edit, the pass to the final, the secret eviction andI feel she was advised to make up with Ashleigh.
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-08-2014, 09:06 AM #53

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith
Love Island 6: Sophie

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith
Love Island 6: Sophie

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
You have made many great posts this BB series and above is yet another.
I agree with all you say.

I also could believe the fake eviction twist was not originally intended to be of any benefit to Helen at all.
After all the then power housemates were not asked to evict 2 of their number,only one,.
Before they were asked to evict a housemate BB had already selected Helen to be the one to go first.

I think, they hoped Helen watching Ashleigh again from another room would have had Helen come back into the house absolutely fuming at her.
It backfired on BB if that was the case and that seems far more logical to me than actually wanting to edit Helen in a good way as to their original plan.
Thank you Joey
rionablue is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-08-2014, 10:20 AM #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
You have made many great posts this BB series and above is yet another.
I agree with all you say.

I also could believe the fake eviction twist was not originally intended to be of any benefit to Helen at all.
After all the then power housemates were not asked to evict 2 of their number,only one,.
Before they were asked to evict a housemate BB had already selected Helen to be the one to go first.

I think, they hoped Helen watching Ashleigh again from another room would have had Helen come back into the house absolutely fuming at her.
It backfired on BB if that was the case and that seems far more logical to me than actually wanting to edit Helen in a good way as to their original plan.
With the fake eviction plan, Helen was chosen to go in first. Why wasnt there anything shown re Ash and Pav talking? It was all Ashleigh and Christopher. I am sure that Ash and Pav were having a good old chat re Chris. The three of them had all sat and downed, after all this time, Chris'
friendship with Ashleigh, doubting the age difference. Load of poppycock. They were trying to make it bad for Chris. Why wasnt any of it shown, they concentrated on Christopher and Ashleigh, thus making it bad for Ashleigh nothing at all was shown re Pav and Ash......Everything centred around the two girls, the rest could go to pot.
Jules2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-08-2014, 12:23 PM #55

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
Join that up with fickle voters and you have got yourself a winner, why was live feed pulled completely for this series but back for CBB? I don't believe it was fixed in voting terms, but in the edit, the pass to the final, the secret eviction andI feel she was advised to make up with Ashleigh.
I fully agree here.
Northern Monkey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-08-2014, 12:42 PM #56
Banned

Banned

I wouldn't say it was a fix but BB did their best via edits and tasks to ensure Helen's victory.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-08-2014, 01:51 PM #57

Helen has to live with winning BB 2014, I do not think it will be a happy win for her when reality kicks in, she is now open to all sorts of media and public love?/hate?, no money in the world can bring comfort to that sort of exposure.... for whatever reason, she won, let her have her moment....
Old 17-08-2014, 01:56 PM #58
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Well ... we've had a few anit-heros get very far or win recently (dexter, jim and denise) so it's no surprise.
It's not a fix.
Old 17-08-2014, 01:58 PM #59
Banned

Banned

Helen isn't comparable to Dexter or Denise, Dexter was a gameplayer and Denise was a mess but neither of them were bullies. She isn't an anti-hero, she was just a bully that happened to be the chosen one for this season.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-08-2014, 01:59 PM #60
Sod orf

Sod orf

Just like a FIFA ballot, it wasn't a fix.
Alf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-08-2014, 04:41 PM #61

HELEN WOODS AGENT WIKIPEDIA is Richard Desmond he is part owner Channel 5 now we know why the show has been made into the Helen show (Richard Clive Desmond) (born 8 December 1951) is an English publisher and businessman. He is the owner of Express Newspapers and founder of Northern & Shell, which publishes various celebrity magazines, such as OK! and New!, and British national newspapers Daily Star and Daily Express. Northern & Shell also owns British television network CHANNELL 5 as well as Portland TV[3] which, in turn, owns the adult TV channels Television.... it was fixed for her to win from the start...
Jackie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-08-2014, 04:52 PM #62
I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Tom

I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie View Post
HELEN WOODS AGENT WIKIPEDIA is Richard Desmond he is part owner Channel 5 now we know why the show has been made into the Helen show (Richard Clive Desmond) (born 8 December 1951) is an English publisher and businessman. He is the owner of Express Newspapers and founder of Northern & Shell, which publishes various celebrity magazines, such as OK! and New!, and British national newspapers Daily Star and Daily Express. Northern & Shell also owns British television network CHANNELL 5 as well as Portland TV[3] which, in turn, owns the adult TV channels Television.... it was fixed for her to win from the start...
Anybody can alter wiki
Denver is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-08-2014, 04:56 PM #63
Get it? Got it? Good!

Get it? Got it? Good!

The votes may not have been fixed, but everything else was... They wanted Helen to win right from the start, the very fact that she was in the civilian BB & not Celeb BB was because of the World Cup (her shagging Rooney)... The pass to the final, the manipulation, the letting her off with countless warnings, the favourable edits & then creating scenarios to win the gullible public round by thinking she has been on a "journey" & has changed...

That is why it is a "fix".

*Oh & no sour grapes from me as I didn't want anyone in particular to win, the house was full of awful people & I stopped watching weeks ago...

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
crying, fix, helen