Notices

CBB14 Celebrity Big Brother 2014 (CBB14) was shown in August and September 2014, and was won by Gary Busey. Discuss the series and housemates here.

- - - - - - - - - -

Old 04-09-2014, 09:16 PM #26

Favourites:
CBB14: Gary
CBB 13: Ollie Locke

Favourites:

I don't think she was joking at all. I don't think she is the 'nicer person' people are painting her. If she was then she would have had more empathy for Gary and wouldn't have nominated him every time.

“I am thrilled to be alive at time when humanity is pushing against the limits of understanding. Even better, we may eventually discover that there are no limits.”
― Richard Dawkins
jaxie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 09:17 PM #27

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videostar View Post
She should have said "haha"...she doesn't come across as joking.

She said it again in the DR...she's not joking.

She thinks it's alright for Gary to be an easy nomination target but complains that she thinks she's an easy target.
Spot on.

“I am thrilled to be alive at time when humanity is pushing against the limits of understanding. Even better, we may eventually discover that there are no limits.”
― Richard Dawkins
Old 04-09-2014, 09:19 PM #28

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rionablue View Post
I hope you never have to go through a break up warren and find that you cant talk to anyone about it. BB encourages the housemates to talk in the diary room if they are upset or hurt or angry. She said herself that she could be close to some of the housemates but choses not to be too close as she would end up telling them and she doesn't want to do that. NOW THAT is NOT harping on about it is it in fairness ?
I sympathise that she is going through a break but why on earth would you go onto a reality tv show in public and leave your kids to deal with it?

― Richard Dawkins

Last edited by jaxie; 04-09-2014 at 09:20 PM.
Old 04-09-2014, 09:20 PM #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevep View Post
You got to love how people on here put themselves on a pedestal and act as though they are not susceptible to ever acting in a not so 'perfect' manner.

She got nominated, felt a little rejected and vented for the first time a little, the audacity!
I know what you mean, sometimes I find myself moaning about a housemate's behaviour when I'd probably be doing the same thing if I'm honest with myself. But I suppose we are here to judge!
Old 04-09-2014, 09:21 PM #30

Quote:
She was saying how awful it was that she got the same amount of noms as Gary.

But that suggests that she thinks she's in some way a better and more deserving HM to Gary...not an attractive trait in any person.
As i said, she vented for the first time, we're all human and prone to letting off steam when feeling low. If it was a constant issue then yeah, she could be considered a miserable cow, but it's not, it's her first outburst, if you could even call that an outburst.

As for the Gary comments, that was uncalled for but understandable. One HM grates on everybody's nerves and the other doesn't in the slightest. If it was me, i'd feel a little aggrieved also.

I just love the irony on this forum though, plenty of people bitch and moan about HMs on a regular basis and when a HM does it on even one occasion they're hung out to dry and deemed a nasty individual.

Last edited by Stevep; 04-09-2014 at 09:25 PM.
Stevep is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 09:21 PM #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicadanielle View Post
I know what you mean, sometimes I find myself moaning about a housemate's behaviour when I'd probably be doing the same thing if I'm honest with myself. But I suppose we are here to judge!
haha, very true i guess.

Last edited by Stevep; 04-09-2014 at 09:22 PM.
Stevep is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 09:30 PM #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by rionablue View Post
She was half joking if I am honest. She hasn't offended anyone or been difficult and he has. If she was mouthing off about how could anyone nominate her she would never have gone over and hugged Dee. I thought she was great in tonights show. The diary room is where people go to talk about any worries or troubles they have and she is entitled to do that. She explained to Dee that she wanted to stay in the house so that her profile might improve and that would give her a better opportunity to provide for her kids. She needed time out at this difficult time of her life.

There has been a lot of bitching, backstabbing, me me me syndrome and fakeness in the house and Edele has NOT been part of it. It was a good show for her and an awful one for Dreary dreary Dee
Tbh it is a shame she hasnt got into an indepth conversation as she did the other day with Gary but she seems to have lost her trust in people... Hey has Dee got children? If she has what was she spouting off about? If she hasnt all I can say is thank goodness because if she can threaten to smash a HMs face in, what would she do to her children? As Stephanie was pulled up I so hope that Dee will be, also she discussed noms in telling Gary to nominate her.

There is to much ageism in that house, that is as bad as any other isms', what gives them all the right to think they are better?
Jules2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 09:35 PM #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeB View Post
she laughed in the diary room
Adele was near to tears when she said she wouldnt do anyones washing again. The lass meant it she was really upset. I wouldnt mind but they are criticising Gary for asking and trying to put things right.
Jules2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 09:40 PM #34

Favourites (more):
BB19: Isabella
Apprentice 2018: Jackie

Favourites (more):
BB19: Isabella
Apprentice 2018: Jackie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxie View Post
I sympathise that she is going through a break but why on earth would you go onto a reality tv show in public and leave your kids to deal with it?
This is what I don't understand. It's a difficult time for her children and hardly the time to leave them.
Spoon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 09:42 PM #35

Gosh, how every one jumps on a HM for the slightest reason. She has been nice all the way through. She cooks, she cleans and always is kind and helpful. She joins in the tasks, does not bitch but suddenly she is under attack on here!?,pathetic, its a form of virtual bullying.!
Forgetmenot is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 09:50 PM #36

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith
Love Island 6: Sophie

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgetmenot View Post
Gosh, how every one jumps on a HM for the slightest reason. She has been nice all the way through. She cooks, she cleans and always is kind and helpful. She joins in the tasks, does not bitch but suddenly she is under attack on here!?,pathetic, its a form of virtual bullying.!
The truest words said in this entire thread Forgetmenot and nobody can dispute them
rionablue is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 09:58 PM #37
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxie View Post
Perhaps because BB offered her a few bob to do the show, which would remove her need to worry about things for a while?

Still don't understand all their big needs to win tbh, they have already been paid, history says it will do nothing for their careers, so why get stressed? Take the money, smile, and disappear off into the sunset

Last edited by bitontheslide; 04-09-2014 at 09:59 PM.
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 10:01 PM #38

Favourites (more):
BB16: Jack
CBB15: Katie Hopkins

Favourites (more):
BB16: Jack
CBB15: Katie Hopkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
Perhaps because BB offered her a few bob to do the show, which would remove her need to worry about things for a while?

Still don't understand all their big needs to win tbh, they have already been paid, history says it will do nothing for their careers, so why get stressed? Take the money, smile, and disappear off into the sunset

I guess that no one wants there ego dented.
abhorson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 10:11 PM #39

Quote:
She clearly feels that she's not entitled to be nominated, that's how she came across tonight.

I don't understand why she has supporters...she hardly does anything to deserve it.

I agree...if this show came at a bad time for her she should never have gone in. I can't imagine her pain but can understand it. Her separation though not only effects her though..it affects her three children and they should be her main priority...NOT upping her profile by staying in as long as she can which she declared tonight.
We have seen more of Edele tonight...forget your PROFILE Edele and be at home with those that need you most at this distressing time!!!
rusticgal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 10:11 PM #40

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

She was'nt joking.She said that about having the same amount of noms as Gary in a very passive/aggressive way,She was softening the blow to appear as if she was joking.Time for her to go i think,She does'nt add anything at all to the show and is'nt in a fit state mentally to be in there.It would be better for her and the show if she buggers off.
Northern Monkey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 11:51 AM #41

Favourites:
BB16: Sarah

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenhill View Post
I wish she would stop harping on about her troubles outside the house..

She wasnt thinking of those when they were dangling a few quid before her eyes to go in....

The door is always open so just use it and go home.....
Everyone has to earn cash it does my head in how the celeb housemates are classed as wannabe cash *****s when we would all take a cheque to pay the bills.
daniel-lewis-1985 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 11:57 AM #42
User banned

User banned

note how lots of housemates give her sympathy and attention and show gary none, yet hes been up every time, hes the oldest and has the most health problems in ther eand had the most nominations and been bullied and abused yet hes barely had a second of sympathy, empathy or even a hug. horrible horrible people. edele has gotten off the hook because shes so boring shes barely ever shown. but when she is shes always always moaning and complaining and seems totally self absorbed and only sensitive about her own feelings. gary has attempted to talk to her many times to help her. she is totally unappreciative of this help. the way the women housemates get sympathy and the old male ones like gary get none is profoundly sexist and mean spirited and has been a recurring theme for 15 years in this male hating country
the truth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 11:58 AM #43
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel-lewis-1985 View Post
Hmmm you sound suspiciously like a member on here who used to post the same "heterophobe" views but quietened down after constant warnings.

Seeing as you only joined last month I cant help but think this is a duplicate account?
its not. more than just the trust knows and seens the heterophobia and male hate thats gone on unchallanged far too long in big brother and in british society at large. time has come to address it full on, argue for mens rights and make for a better more balanced society
Old 05-09-2014, 12:01 PM #44

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by the truth View Post
its not. more than just the trust knows and seens the heterophobia and male hate thats gone on unchallanged far too long in big brother and in british society at large. time has come to address it full on, argue for mens rights and make for a better more balanced society
How do you know its not? Did you think I was referring to you?

Anyway I don't know where this has come from, Edele hasn't shown any dislike towards men I presume people are just assuming she's bitter because she's going through a separation from her husband.
Old 05-09-2014, 12:04 PM #45
User banned

User banned

Quote:
How do you know its not? Did you think I was referring to you?

Anyway I don't know where this has come from, Edele hasn't shown any dislike towards men I presume people are just assuming she's bitter because she's going through a separation from her husband.
She's been nasty to Gary and seems extremely self obsessed and sensitive only for her own feelings. Her reaction to nominations was childish and comparing herself with garys nominations and mocking gary was shallow and spiteful. make a right twat of herself. as for heterophobia, delighted to hear more and more and more people are becoming aware of it. reverse discrimination , against heterosexuals and in particular, men, in the UK
Old 05-09-2014, 12:20 PM #46

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by the truth View Post
She's been nasty to Gary and seems extremely self obsessed and sensitive only for her own feelings. Her reaction to nominations was childish and comparing herself with garys nominations and mocking gary was shallow and spiteful. make a right twat of herself. as for heterophobia, delighted to hear more and more and more people are becoming aware of it. reverse discrimination , against heterosexuals and in particular, men, in the UK
Oh so just because Gary has a penis that was the proof of her hatred for ALL straight men? lol!

She isn't shallow or spiteful I think she has been very helpful around that house actually and has been fair with everyone. Shes been very upfront with her feeling and I would have loved her to have done the show last year when she wasn't in such an emotional place. Break ups especially when theres kids and marriage involved is a ****ing devastating experience for all involved and shes coping really well.

Finally I don't see more and more people standing up to apparent sexism towards men? I see a few comments from 1 very suspicious account which I would advise mods to look into.

Im quite sure it will have a ban next to it shortly.

EDIT: All the comments made by that user have been deleted how convenient. Detective Dan on the case.

Last edited by daniel-lewis-1985; 05-09-2014 at 12:27 PM.
Old 05-09-2014, 01:21 PM #47

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Oh so just because Gary has a penis that was the proof of her hatred for ALL straight men? lol!

She isn't shallow or spiteful I think she has been very helpful around that house actually and has been fair with everyone. Shes been very upfront with her feeling and I would have loved her to have done the show last year when she wasn't in such an emotional place. Break ups especially when theres kids and marriage involved is a ****ing devastating experience for all involved and shes coping really well.

Finally I don't see more and more people standing up to apparent sexism towards men? I see a few comments from 1 very suspicious account which I would advise mods to look into.

Im quite sure it will have a ban next to it shortly.

EDIT: All the comments made by that user have been deleted how convenient. Detective Dan on the case.
I hope its the user I reported because I was TOTALLY fed up with their comments. And I don't report people lightly cos its a forum and everyone is entitled to express their opinion but sometimes its just too much and sickening to read!!!!
rionablue is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
edele, nice, tonight