Notices

Creative Writing and Books This area is for members' stories and poetry. Also a forum for book reviews and discussion.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-01-2014, 10:11 AM   #26
Jesus.
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

TIBB has a couple of people who claim to be writers. They might be able to give you some pretend tips.
  Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2014, 08:20 AM   #27
kirklancaster
Senior Member
 
kirklancaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 13,376


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
..I'm having a 'block' atm
..and even though I write things down....have the ideas...even make a start
...it just....stops
....it just doesn't come together
Just write. It doesn't matter if it's puerile rubbish at first Ammi - keep writing, it will start to flow, and in the direction you envisaged. I have read your posts, and your poetry, and you are a gifted writer.
kirklancaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 09:03 PM   #28
Jules2
Senior Member
 
Jules2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,608
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklancaster View Post
Just write. It doesn't matter if it's puerile rubbish at first Ammi - keep writing, it will start to flow, and in the direction you envisaged. I have read your posts, and your poetry, and you are a gifted writer.
Kirk, I agree with your comments, it is surprising what comes about if one just lets go. It can be altered afterwards if need be.
Jules2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 09:36 PM   #29
kirklancaster
Senior Member
 
kirklancaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 13,376


Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules2 View Post
Kirk, I agree with your comments, it is surprising what comes about if one just lets go. It can be altered afterwards if need be.
I'm actually part way through writing my first novel, and I find it works Jules.
kirklancaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 05:18 AM   #30
Ammi
Quand il pleut, il pleut
 
Ammi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: on Blueberry Hill
Posts: 49,632


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklancaster View Post
Just write. It doesn't matter if it's puerile rubbish at first Ammi - keep writing, it will start to flow, and in the direction you envisaged. I have read your posts, and your poetry, and you are a gifted writer.

..awww, I've just seen this and thank you Kirk..that's really lovely of you to say.. I have actually started to write some stuff recently although nothing nearly so grand as a novel like yourself...and I just kind of pick up and put down with these things and am hopelessly slow..I hope that your writing is going well ...
__________________



Paris is always a good idea...
Ammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 07:59 AM   #31
kirklancaster
Senior Member
 
kirklancaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 13,376


Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
..awww, I've just seen this and thank you Kirk..that's really lovely of you to say.. I have actually started to write some stuff recently although nothing nearly so grand as a novel like yourself...and I just kind of pick up and put down with these things and am hopelessly slow..I hope that your writing is going well ...
Ammi - it's true. Even when you are posting on the most serious of subjects, your writing has a really... gentle.... poetic and beautifully wistful quality. This, your choice of avatar, and the things you are interested in, make me really think that you were born in the wrong era.

I'd be genuinely interested in reading some of your work when you post it.
kirklancaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 08:03 AM   #32
Ammi
Quand il pleut, il pleut
 
Ammi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: on Blueberry Hill
Posts: 49,632


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklancaster View Post
Ammi - it's true. Even when you are posting on the most serious of subjects, your writing has a really... gentle.... poetic and beautifully wistful quality. This, your choice of avatar, and the things you are interested in, make me really think that you were born in the wrong era.

I'd be genuinely interested in reading some of your work when you post it.
....ahhhh, maybe I was born in the right era but just getting a little old for it......
__________________



Paris is always a good idea...
Ammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 05:16 PM   #33
jennyjuniper
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 4,050
Default

I have written a book (unpublished as yet) and am working on my second. The method I find easiest is first to flesh out your characters. Make a list and give their descriptions, good and bad characteristics etc.,
Then I write a quite detailed synopsis, telling what is to happen at the start, middle and end and any other major happenings along the way.
Only when all this is done do I start to write.
I'm not saying your way is wrong, everyone has their own style after all, but maybe trying another way will be better.
Hope this helps and good luck with your book.
jennyjuniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 05:23 PM   #34
jennyjuniper
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 4,050
Default

The abobe message was meant for Fom.
jennyjuniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
tips, writing

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:39 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
no new posts