Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Wrestling Talk about wrestling here

Old 10-01-2013, 11:20 PM #201
User banned

User banned

Default TNA IMPACT WRESTLING Announces Major Changes To 2013 Pay-Per-View Strategy

http://www.impactwrestling.com/news/...-View-Strategy

Quote:
TNA IMPACT WRESTLING today announced a new worldwide Pay-Per-View programming initiative for 2013. The 52 annual episodes of IMPACT WRESTLING on SpikeTV will lead to four, live epic Pay-Per-View events commencing with “Genesis” on January 13th, “Lockdown” on March 10th, “Slammiversary” on June 9 and “Bound For Glory” on October 13th.
In addition, seven Pay-Per-View specials that will be branded as “TNA Wrestling: One Night Only,” series will debut in April 2013 and continue throughout the year during the additional months. The 3-hour taped Pay-Per-View specials will premiere on the first Friday of each month. The first two “One Night Only” specials will be “Joker’s Wild Tag Team Tournament” and “X-travaganza” which will feature the X-Division.
“The Pay-Per-View industry has changed so much in the last decade,” says TNA President Dixie Carter. “The traditional pay-per-view wrestling model needed to evolve and we believe this strategy will positively impact not only the Pay-Per-View events but the weekly television programming as well.”
The company will continue to produce TNA Wrestling’s “Unfinished Business”, which are one-hour programs available on a Video on Demand (VOD) basis. The monthly titles continue to focus on the history of a rivalry or a specific past PPV event. These titles are available for two months at a time.
Below: First-look at the logo for the new "TNA Wrestling: One Night Only" series
michael21 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 01:46 PM #202
REVIVAL

REVIVAL

the 4 ppvs would be good if they changed it to 6.

The one night only thing will be horrific....it'll leak everywhere and I cant help but think it'll be about as coherent as you Michael.
Old 11-01-2013, 01:51 PM #203
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
the 4 ppvs would be good if they changed it to 6.

The one night only thing will be horrific....it'll leak everywhere and I cant help but think it'll be about as coherent as you Michael.
it good as haveing just 4 ppv will mean more of a build up and more will want to see them i not sure how this one night only going to work as it on 7 time a year not one do you like blossom twins also i hope in on eight time next year so there some thing ever mouth as for leaks i wont come on the internet much before it air in the uk so it not all bad
Old 01-02-2013, 08:02 PM #204
User banned

User banned

Default A Message From TNA President Dixie Carter

this is good news
Old 01-02-2013, 09:01 PM #205
User banned

User banned

http://www.impactwrestling.com/news/...go-On-March-14

Quote:
For the past 8 years, “IMPACT WRESTLING” has been filmed on the largest soundstage at Universal Studios Orlando. The final two shows to be filmed from the "Impact Zone" at Universal will be February 28 and March 7.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:49 PM #206
His blood is bad.

Favourites (more):
BBUSA21: Kathryn
BBUSA20: Brett

His blood is bad.

Favourites (more):
BBUSA21: Kathryn
BBUSA20: Brett

Can we please throw this TNA thread into the All Wrestling Thread?
Old 08-02-2013, 05:28 PM #207
User banned

User banned

TNA is terminating its lease with Universal for the Impact Zone at the end of March

now the fat man with beard wont be able to watch it live
Old 02-03-2013, 03:13 PM #208
User banned

User banned

velvet sky new champion
Old 18-03-2013, 10:56 AM #209
User banned

User banned

TNA Knockout Madison Rayne is pregnant
Old 11-07-2013, 11:55 AM #210
User banned

User banned

Default Justice is served as old faces return

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...TNA-event.html

Quote:
SOME much-loved wrestlers from the past returned to TNA last night for the Hardcore Justice Two event.

The company revisited the often bloody violent past of wrestling and embraced the legacy of ECW.

But the show kicked off with a whimper instead of a bang.

Here we saw long forgotten combo of The New Church (Slash and Sin) battling the much-missed team of LAX (Hernandez and Homicide).

It had its moments, but never gelled and New Church brought nothing to the table unfortunately.

LAX won this Street Fight with a slick looking SuperMex dive/pin combo.

Next up, the Knockouts took to the stage as ODB faced off against Jackie Moore.

The action here was fluid, but lacked emotion and intensity.

There were some nice weapons shots but ODB’s win was not a huge surprise.

Thankfully, the momentum picked up next as Generation Me (aka The Young Bucks) returned to battle Bad Influence in a ladder match for a $20,000 cheque.

This was exactly what I expected from all four combatants.

Fast, furious, innovative and brutal all at once.

The finish did mar proceedings though, as Daniels threw his drink in his opponents face to allow Kaz the opportunity to grab the cheque.

The Hardcore Gauntlet match kept things moving along too.

Here we saw Devon Storm, Little Guido, 2 Cold Scorpio, Sam Shaw, Gunner, Crimson, Johnny Swinger, Funaki and Shark Boy all bring a weapon to the game and tackle an over-the-top-rope scrap.

This also had its moments and impressed at times, with Shark Boy winning by forcing his opponents over the top rope.

Aces & Eights then battled James Storm, Magnus and former WWE star Bob Holly in a six-man elimination encounter.

Holly was in fine shape here and is someone who still has something to offer either TNA or WWE.

The action was well-paced and the eliminations were swift and exciting.

Storm overcame the odd to pick up a well-received win for his team.

The Monsters Ball match has always been a bloody and violent affair, featuring Abyss.

Of course, that character has now disappeared and we have his brother Joseph instead.

This meant his war with old foe Judas Messias (with James Mitchell) was a below par effort for all concerned.

Park’s win was nothing special here, roll on an Abyss return.

Main event wise things took off again though as TNA once again embraced ECW.

Here we saw Aces and Eights' Bully Ray and Devon face off against their ‘brother’ Runt/Spike and his mystery partner Jeff Hardy in a very good tables match that delivered exactly what fans wanted.

Runt and Hardy pulled off the win after Hardy splashed Devon for the pin.

Hardcore Justice 2 was a mixed bag of matches but for the most part it worked well as a standalone TNA.

The combatants gave their all, whether they were TNA stars or names from the past.

The highlights were some of the Generation Me high spots, James Storm’s rapid win, the gauntlet match and the way Bully Ray played the live crowd.

TNA’s One Night Only events may be hit and miss at times, but this was definitely a hit
Old 12-08-2013, 07:29 PM #211
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Dixie Carter President of TNA Wrestling
46 minutes ago via Mobile
After meeting with Hulk Hogan, due to circumstances beyond our control - Aces and 8s vs. Main Event Mafia 5 on 5 match is delayed until 8/22 Impac
ffs hogan

i was looking forward to that match
Old 20-12-2013, 02:58 PM #212
User banned

User banned

Default she back

after a year out madison rayne make her wrestling match return this sunday @9pm on freeview channel 46 challenges + lots more
Old 20-12-2013, 03:31 PM #213
User banned

User banned

Old 21-12-2013, 12:03 PM #214
User banned

User banned

Old 22-12-2013, 10:38 PM #215
User banned

User banned

Default Magnus ends Britain's 108 year wait for a wrestling World Champion

http://www.impactwrestling.com/news/...World-Champion

Quote:
London (Monday December 23, 2013): TNA IMPACT WRESTLING star Magnus has become the first ever Brit to win the World Heavyweight Championship for a major American wrestling organisation, ending a wait of more than 108 years.
magnus2Magnus (former TV Gladiator Nick Aldis from King's Lynn, Norfolk) beat Jeff Hardy for the vacant TNA World Heavyweight Championship in a gripping tournament final.
His victory was broadcast to millions of people in more than 120 countries, including on Challenge TV in the UK and Ireland on Sunday December 22, 2013.
Magnus will bring his newly-won championship home when he visits five arenas around Britain and Ireland on the TNA MAXIMUM IMPACT VI Tour in January/February 2014.
He said: “It is truly an honour and a privilege to be the new TNA World Heavyweight Champion. I'm looking forward to bringing the title belt back to where it all started for me. It's something I've always dreamed of doing.
“It's also important to represent all the people in the UK wrestling business that helped me get to this point, and hopefully show the young British talent that there is no glass ceiling; you can be a top guy!”
Magnus’ title win ends one the longest waits in British sporting history, which began when Russian George Hackenschmidt beat American Tom Jenkins on May 4, 1905 to become wrestling’s first widely regarded World Heavyweight Champion.
The victory puts Magnus alongside Tour De France winner Bradley Wiggins (109 years), boxing’s former Undisputed World Heavyweight Champion Lennox Lewis (100 years), Wimbledon men’s singles victor Andy Murray (77 years) and 1980 men’s 100 metres Olympic Gold Medallist Alan Wells (56 years).
Wrestling historian and author John Lister said: “While the likes of the legendary British Bulldog, William Regal, Wade Barrett and Doug Williams have all had great success in America, they've fallen short in their challenges for the World Heavyweight Championship.
“It's a great achievement for Magnus to become the No1 wrestler in a globally televised promotion and also shows how important the British audience is to TNA.
“For decades it seemed impossible that we would ever see a British man win Wimbledon, hold a World Heavyweight Championship for a major wrestling company or lift the World Cup again. With two down in the same year, perhaps it's an omen for next summer in Rio!”
As well as a successful career inside the wrestling ring, Magnus has also found fame in a variety of different fields – including as Oblivion on Sky One’s Gladiators, the co-host of hit Challenge TV series UK’s Strongest Man, a popular Christmas pantomime regular at the Norwich Theatre Royal and a columnist for Fighting Spirit Magazine.
Fans can see Magnus as part of the huge TNA MAXIMUM IMPACT VI Tour, which will also feature global wrestling stars Kurt Angle, Bully Ray, Mr Anderson, Bobby Roode, Samoa Joe, Austin Aries, James Storm, Gunner, Christopher Daniels, Kazarian, Rockstar Spud, Ethan Carter III, Robbie E. Jessie Godderz, Zema Ion, Joseph Park, Eric Young, Chris Sabin, Sam Shaw, Gail Kim, ODB, Velvet Sky, Lei'd Tapa and Madison Rayne.
Ticket are on sale now via www.gigsandtours.com/go/tnafan, www.ticketmaster.co.uk or www.facebook.com/tnawrestlinguk. Full details of the UK and Ireland events are:
Wednesday 29 January 2014 Dublin National Stadium 0818 719 300
Thursday 30 January 2014 Glasgow The SSE Hydro 0844 811 0051
Friday 31 January 2014 Manchester Phones 4u Arena 0844 847 8000
Saturday 01 February 2014 London Wembley Arena 0844 815 0815
Sunday 02 February 2014 Birmingham NIA 0844 338 8000
TNA IMPACT WRESTLING is broadcast every Sunday night at 9pm on Challenge TV and is the UK’s most watched wrestling show
yessssss tna tna tna
Old 08-01-2015, 04:26 AM #216
User banned

User banned

cant wait for 9pm on sunday on challenge all new impact first time on there new channel in the usa destination america i think there be lots of new things in the show and it should be very good

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
challenge, chat, discussion, impact, ppv, tna, wrestling, xplosion