Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 15-01-2015, 09:47 PM #1

Default Man Stabbed In 'Racially Motivated' Tesco Attack

Quote:
Man Stabbed In 'Racially Motivated' Tesco Attack

Assailant armed with knife and hammer reported to have shouted ‘white power’ during incident in Mold, north Wales

A 24-year-old man is in hospital after an alleged racially motivated attack at a Tesco in north Wales.

Police arrested a man on suspicion of attempted murder, after witnesses of the incident on Wednesday reportedly heard the words “white power” being shouted and saw an Asian man being chased down an aisle by an assailant with a “huge” knife and a hammer. No one else was injured, police said.

The Daily Post quoted one witness, who was inside the supermarket in Mold, Flintshire, as saying: “We heard screaming. My dad looked around the corner and we followed. You could see a man who, by this time, was being held by a man we’ve been told was ex-army. He didn’t seem fazed..”

Another man said: “I saw one lad chasing another lad with a knife. It was huge – it was like something out of Crocodile Dundee.

“The lad he attacked was Asian. He had his hands in front of his stomach. I couldn’t tell whether his hands were cut from protecting himself or if he’d been stabbed. It looked to me like his hands were cut.”

Tesco confirm the store was shut until Thursday morning as police carried out crime scene investigations and talked to witnesses.

Lead investigator, DCI Alun Oldfield of North Wales police said: “A 24-year-old man was shopping in the store when he was attacked. As a result, the man sustained serious but not life threatening injuries and was conveyed to a local hospital. Initial indications are this is a racially motivated attack.”

A Welsh ambulance service spokesman told the BBC: “We responded with a rapid response vehicle and an emergency ambulance and a man with serious injuries was taken to hospital.”

Tesco said: “This is now a police matter and we are helping them with their enquiries.”

The Daily Post said police assigned an extra 11 officers to carry out high visibility patrols in the area.

Police inquiries are ongoing
http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2...old-flintshire
Crazy stuff

Last edited by Brother Leon; 15-01-2015 at 09:47 PM.
Brother Leon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-01-2015, 09:55 PM #2
Ninastar

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Michelle Visage
X Factor 2014: Fleur East

Ninastar

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Michelle Visage
X Factor 2014: Fleur East

It's sad that in this day and age, people are still racist.

Last edited by Ninastar; 15-01-2015 at 09:56 PM.
Ninastar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-01-2015, 11:41 PM #3

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

This guy sounds mental tbh.You don't even hear of racist groups trying to murder people in supermarkets in this country.
Northern Monkey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-01-2015, 01:05 AM #4

Bloody Wales

Note : there is nothing wrong with welsh born people (in general)

Last edited by arista; 16-01-2015 at 01:07 AM.
arista is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-01-2015, 01:13 AM #5
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Poor lad I hope he's ok
Old 16-01-2015, 05:03 AM #6

Full details notwithstanding, this incident is eerily reminiscent of a chilling episode of that excellent series 'Cracker' starring Robbie Coltrane. In the episode - To Be A Somebody - a working class man, played by Robert Carlyle, is having it rough in life, and is tipped over the edge by the death of his father. He develops an irrational jealousy of immigrants who he perceives as having a far better life than him or his father ever did, becomes a skinhead and ends up murdering an innocent Pakistani shopkeeper in a blind rage.

This - presumably - unwarranted attack on the - presumably innocent Asian shopper, is to be condemned, but is I fear, a precursor of others to follow.

I feel that when more comprehensive details do emerge, we may find that this senseless attack has reasons, no matter how unjustifiable, and if those reasons are explored, 'Cracker' style, we may find that the perpetrator is a man who is struggling to exist in life, who is bewildered by his poverty, his lack of prospects, and his uncertain future. A man whose fears have turned to blind rage, who has found an outlet - a target for that rage.

No matter how unjust or irrational this attack is, I believe it is a reaction to a combination of factors; the increasing imposition of absurd Political Correctness upon everyday life, unfettered immigration, the continued terrorist atrocities being carried out by Islamic Fundamentalists, and the deprivation and poor quality of life thrust on the majority of the UK populace by one inept and corrupt government after another.

Call me a crank, or anything else you may wish, but there is a huge hitherto silent and sleeping majority in this country who are suffering from the same nightmare feelings of impotency and helplessness concerning their dissatisfaction with continued government policies - the results of which which they are outraged by. Not least of these is Immigration, but others are the (real) critical state of our Economy, NHS, Schools, and our overcrowded and increasingly violent Prisons.

This is why UKIP is gaining ground, and why a senseless attack on an innocent Asian has occurred.

kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-01-2015, 06:36 AM #7

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Julian Clary
BB13: Luke A

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Julian Clary
BB13: Luke A

White Power..... Really ??

How strange , people do not go around shouting white power . Maybe this guy had one can of tenants super strength too much and his last remaining brain cell shut down.

Perhaps he had a serious grudge against this Asian man, but was it really a racist attack ?

Old 16-01-2015, 07:25 AM #8
-

-

One has to wonder, if the roles had been reversed, would this be plastered all over the papers as a "potential terror attack"? I suspect it would.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklancaster View Post
the deprivation and poor quality of life thrust on the majority of the UK populace by one inept and corrupt government after another.

Call me a crank, or anything else you may wish, but there is a huge hitherto silent and sleeping majority in this country who are suffering from the same nightmare feelings of impotency and helplessness concerning their dissatisfaction with continued government policies - the results of which which they are outraged by. Not least of these is Immigration, but others are the (real) critical state of our Economy, NHS, Schools, and our overcrowded and increasingly violent Prisons.
I actually agree with most of this, but in my opinion immigrants are not the real problem. People are lost, confused and oppressed and most don't really understand why or know where to focus that anger and immigrants serve as a visible "target" for that aggression and a convenient scapegoat for the true villains. The shockingly small, select group of families who control the majoriry of our country's wealth... And the small, select group of politicians who allow them to continue as they are. So long as people believe that immigration is the major problem, they are suitable distracted from seeking real, meaningful change.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
attack, man, motivated, racially, stabbed, tesco