Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 24-03-2015, 01:55 PM #51
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

That could suggest there was something worthy of reporting and there wasn't, I objected to my thoughts being referred to as redundant is all.
I make no apology for that.
Old 24-03-2015, 01:57 PM #52
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
That could suggest there was something worthy of reporting and there wasn't, I objected to my thoughts being referred to as redundant is all.
No. I was just telling him if he felt a post was breaking rules report it and we'll deal with it if it is.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-03-2015, 01:57 PM #53
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVN View Post
Democracy is neither inherently good nor inherently bad. Like Capitalism. It should not be treated as the most virtuous system or as the end game of civilisation like it often is. It is however a good foundation which befits our country and most of the world. Of course you will ever truly get total democracy where all of society decides on every single decision because that would be ridiculous, but we have utilised the idea of democracy as best we can and integrated it into an effective and efficient way to govern. As much as we like to beat on our own democracy it is the envy of much of the world and is very successful.

Not all countries will agree of course that the Western model is best for them. IMO it's a failure of Western policy that we took the attitude that every other country in the world wants to be like us, even if they don't know it yet. Surely deep down everyone wants a Western style democracy right? But of course they don't. And it's why I'm always wary of global intervention because it carries a certain arrogance that we know best and should impose that on everyone else. Maybe democracy is just not tenable in some countries. In a lot of the Middle East, where nations are melting pots of ethnic and religious tension, it's hard to see how a secular and democratic government can emerge from all that while also trying to keep a lid on it. 'Democracy' carries such saintly connotations in this day that its a hard thing to argue against, but it is not the ultimate and infallible ideal that it can often be made out to be
Excellent post MTVN. I have nothing to add.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-03-2015, 01:58 PM #54

Quote:
As everyone on here has a right to respond, I will respond:

I object to you continually misrepresenting what I write "is all".
kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-03-2015, 01:58 PM #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
mmhhmm I totally agree with all that DR. Could Russell Brand be the man to inspire and lead this revolution? I love the Trews
Me too, but I love his nuttiness.
Old 24-03-2015, 02:00 PM #56
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
mmhhmm I totally agree with all that DR. Could Russell Brand be the man to inspire and lead this revolution? I love the Trews
I totally agree with DR, and Russel is great thank god for his trews
I think there are factors in place to reduce the possibility of a revolt, keeping the electorate subdued and submissive via a mix of poor education, legislation and debt.
Old 24-03-2015, 02:03 PM #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh. View Post
*slits wrists*
Old 24-03-2015, 02:03 PM #58
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I totally agree with DR, and Russel is great thank god for his trews
I think there are factors in place to reduce the possibility of a revolt, keeping the electorate subdued and submissive via a mix of poor education, legislation and debt.
Yeah, same over here too

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-03-2015, 02:08 PM #59
User banned

User banned

Communism >>> Democracy/Capitalism
MessiahCarey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-03-2015, 02:14 PM #60
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklancaster View Post
Britain is still a CHRISTIAN DEMOCRACY despite the best efforts of Secular Lefties and others, and of course Democracy is imperfect, and of course Christianity is flawed, and the reason they are so, is that MAN has corrupted the purity of both.

This being so, I for one, will always still elect to live in this Christian democracy any day, than in any of the countries where Communism, Islam, or Dictatorship, is the 'political system'.

Despite the hysterical claims of anti-Christians to the contrary, Christianity is not 'forced' upon any of our citizens – either by the state or by the church, and neither is it forced upon our children in any of our State schools or other centres of learning , and perhaps these anti-Christians are confusing Christian preachers and teachers with their hate-filled Islamic counterparts.

So then, what reason is there to wish to 'destroy' the historical link between Christianity and the State in this country, when the role of the church increasingly has no longer any input into our Constitution?

The answer to the above is that there are NO reasons, and because of this, Christianity-haters remind me of those Islamic Fundamentalist cretins who destroyed the priceless ancient artefacts; the 'Nineveh Winged Bull' and the 'God of Rozhan' in Mosul, Iraq, for no other reason that 'they were there and did not fit in with their own ideology', because Christianity-haters have the same mentality.

As for Democracy, Mario Puzo wrote in 'The Godfather', that; “a lawyer with a briefcase could steal more money than a hundred men with guns” and from politicians to heads of corporations, this is true of all men in authority not just lawyers. Which is exactly why our Democracy has never been, and still isn't, 'perfect'.

Perfect or not, I for one, do not desire to live anywhere else in the world. However, in the knowledge that I have always had that there is; “something rotten in the state of Denmark”, I will continue to use any intelligence and talents that GOD has blessed me with, and utilise any of the many freedoms which this great country has afforded me - including my vote - to try to CHANGE the 'men with briefcases' in Whitehall and Threadneedle Street who corrupt the system, rather than to try and change the system itself.

For the whingers and whiners who do not feel the same, then my personal message is CLEAR;

Do not DARE to try to change this Western Democratic Christian country which the rest of us love – if you do not like living here, then you are FREE to board the next plane to Syria or some other Middle Eastern country, and use what intelligence and talents you have acquired by complete accident and chance via Evolution, to reason with and try to change the 'men with guns' who rule there.

And 'Good Luck' with that.
You are a supporter and believer in democracy yet want people who don't agree with it to leave the western world and go to the Middle East?

Also the UK is no longer a Christian nation since there are more non religious people here than Christians

There have been more non religious people than Christians since the early noughties

Old 24-03-2015, 02:18 PM #61

Quote:
I used 1 sentence from your post as a point of reference, if you don't like it that's your issue.
As said if it is used in context with the subject there should be no problem with me doing this, if you want to ignore me that's fine.
I will continue to comment on the topic as I see fit.
I have no issue with anyone using any parts of any of my posts "as a point of reference", and nowhere have I said that I did. So why do you falsely infer that I have?

You continue to comment on what you want and I will do the same.

I will also remonstrate with you when you continue to deceitfully misrepresent what I have written -- as I see fit.
Old 24-03-2015, 02:35 PM #62
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

I've lost patience, keep derailing the thread if you wish, I won't be responding again.
Old 24-03-2015, 02:36 PM #63
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessiahCarey View Post
You are a supporter and believer in democracy yet want people who don't agree with it to leave the western world and go to the Middle East?

Also the UK is no longer a Christian nation since there are more non religious people here than Christians

There have been more non religious people than Christians since the early noughties

That's a very interesting statistic.
Old 24-03-2015, 02:37 PM #64

Quote:

Can you read correctly?

I did not state that I wanted anyone who didn't agree with our democracy to leave the western world and go to the Middle East - I actually said that those who wish to try to change this Western Democratic Christian country which the rest of us love, and those who do not like living here are FREE to board the next plane to Syria or some other Middle Eastern country.

There is a vast difference in meaning between what you state that I said and what I actually did say, but hey - don't let not being factual when quoting my posts stop you, welcome to the forum you will do well on here.

As for "Also the UK is no longer a Christian nation since there are more non religious people here than Christians" and "There have been more non religious people than Christians since the early noughties" - it all depends upon which internet source you care to refer to for your statistics.

However, once again, I never said that this was a 'Christian Nation', I said that this was a Christian Democracy, and because Christianity is still the largest religion in the UK, and as Christianity is still officially the State Religion, then I am correct in my statement.
Old 24-03-2015, 02:41 PM #65
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklancaster View Post
Can you read correctly?

I did not state that I wanted anyone who didn't agree with our democracy to leave the western world and go to the Middle East - I actually said that those who wish to try to change this Western Democratic Christian country which the rest of us love, and those who do not like living here are FREE to board the next plane to Syria or some other Middle Eastern country.

There is a vast difference in meaning between what you state that I said and what I actually did say, but hey - don't let not being factual when quoting my posts stop you, welcome to the forum you will do well on here.

As for "Also the UK is no longer a Christian nation since there are more non religious people here than Christians" and "There have been more non religious people than Christians since the early noughties" - it all depends upon which internet source you care to refer to for your statistics.

However, once again, I never said that this was a 'Christian Nation', I said that this was a Christian Democracy, and because Christianity is still the largest religion in the UK, and as Christianity is still officially the State Religion, then I am correct in my statement.
Why do you keep acting like you the voice of the GP? You have no idea how many people "love" or do not "love" this "christian democracy"

The facts are that this "christian democracy" is failing people who aren't wealthy or do not have power, so clearly it isn't working and NEEDS to be changed

How can we be a christian democracy when the MAJORITY of people in the UK aren't christian?

Last edited by MessiahCarey; 24-03-2015 at 02:43 PM.
Old 24-03-2015, 03:07 PM #66
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

What is immediately clear is that Anglicanism is still a significant part of British society. About one third of the population identify as "C of E" or "Anglican", when asked what their religion is.'

http://www.churchtimes.co.uk/article...to-get-serious
Firstly we see that only 1 third of the whole of the UK subscribes to the church as advocated by our Anglican democracy, and added to that the Anglican church in modern time I feel is ashamed of the links it has with the current politics in the UK.
As I said earlier I wouldn't say that the government exhibit Christian values and it would seem the Anglican church feel the same.

C of E letter urging people to vote on 7 May laments ‘growing appetite to exploit grievances, find scapegoats and create barriers between people and nations’
The Church of England has launched a strongly worded attack on Britain’s political culture, criticising politicians of all parties for offering only “sterile arguments” that are likely to make voters more apathetic and cynical in the runup to the general election.

In an unprecedented intervention, the church’s bishops have published a joint open letter warning that “our democracy is failing” and attacking the “growing appetite to exploit grievances” and “find scapegoats” in society. They call for “a fresh moral vision of the kind of country we want to be”.

It is the first time the bishops have intervened in this way before a general election, but one said the church had felt the need to counter the “sex appeal” of people such as Russell Brand, who have argued that people should disengage from Westminster politics.

While the bishops insist the letter is not targeted at any party in particular and criticise successive administrations for political failings, the 52-page document can be read as an indirect criticism of the government’s welfare policies.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...itish-politics

Last edited by Kizzy; 24-03-2015 at 03:16 PM.
Kizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-03-2015, 03:22 PM #67

Quote:
Why do you keep acting like you the voice of the GP? You have no idea how many people "love" or do not "love" this "christian democracy"

The facts are that this "christian democracy" is failing people who aren't wealthy or do not have power, so clearly it isn't working and NEEDS to be changed

How can we be a christian democracy when the MAJORITY of people in the UK aren't christian?

I don't act like I'm anyone's voice but my own. But are you seriously suggesting that the majority of the General Population of the UK do not love this country as it is? And I do not mean that they do not wish to see changes but that they do not wish to see either Christianity or Democracy go like some do.

You say that this 'Christian Democracy' is failing people and needs to be changed, but it is not 'Christianity' who is failing people, nor 'Democracy' - just the politicians who are inept, incapable, corrupt and insensitive.

Can I ask what do you personally propose that we do to 'change' it?

I have already correctly illustrated why we are a 'Christian Democracy' even if your figures are correct - which is not guaranteed given that different internet sources give conflicting information.

Incidentally, it is an impossibility for everyone in the 'GP' to have 'wealth and power'. In fact, if all the wealth in the UK was taken - communist style - and shared out equally between all the UK's population - I would bet you every penny I have that within a relatively short period, most of that money would end up back in the pockets of the rich and powerful.

Similarly, if 90% of the 'GP' were given 'power' most would not know what the hell to do with it, while others would become more greedy and selfish and uncaring than those who have power now.

Last edited by kirklancaster; 24-03-2015 at 03:28 PM.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
democracy, works