Notices

Chat and Games Looking for forum games, and completely off topic banter - this is your place! (includes Virtual Big Brother type forum games)

Old 25-03-2015, 03:35 PM #1
0_o

0_o

Default Anyone sell on amazon?

I have a few things I want rid of, just crap like dvds and that. But in a month or so I am planning on buying some stuff to resell..so I figure if I sell the stuff I have now my account should be pretty established by the time I want to use it properly.

I assume there will be new seller holds and such which isn't a problem at all. But how long do these go on for? I am hoping that after 20 sucessful sales or something you can access your money faster...because basically when I start reselling, I am obviously gunna need the money quicker to buy more stuff Cant be done with waiting a month or whatever.

Do I have to send stuff tracked? Obviously I will with more expensive items, but silly things like booksets? I know if I don't send them tracked I might get hit with false chargebacks, but honestly, the stuff I will be selling to start with is gunna be mostly under a tenner each so I'm not concerned about the odd false chargeback tbh.

Gunna read the t&cs but they tend to not explain things properly, or actually selling turns out to be different to what the t&cs say it will be, so looking for firsthand experiences
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-03-2015, 03:40 PM #2

Not Vicky running an unlicensed business.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-03-2015, 03:41 PM #3

You don't have to send it tracked. They want things dispatched within 24 hours usually but buyers can pay for expedited service where they pay for special delivery. Be careful with things like books though. They only let you charge a certain amount and if its a big hardback book the postage doesn't cover the cost to send, even 2nd class.

I can't remember how long they do the new seller holds but I don't think its as long as Paypal do. I think they hold a certain amount back though for possible chargebacks and then they pay routinely into your account.
Old 25-03-2015, 03:44 PM #4
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh. View Post
Not Vicky running an unlicensed business.
If I can do well from this like I think I can, Im gunan have to register for tax

I dont want to do that now though incase it doesn't work and I still get stuck with a huge tax bill. Will give it 2 months or so
Quote:
Quote:
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Old 25-03-2015, 03:47 PM #5
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieK View Post
You don't have to send it tracked. They want things dispatched within 24 hours usually but buyers can pay for expedited service where they pay for special delivery. Be careful with things like books though. They only let you charge a certain amount and if its a big hardback book the postage doesn't cover the cost to send, even 2nd class.

I can't remember how long they do the new seller holds but I don't think its as long as Paypal do. I think they hold a certain amount back though for possible chargebacks and then they pay routinely into your account.
Like a percentage of what you make? That would be ok I guess aslong as its not huge.

I don't have hardbacks to sell, just..normal books really. Some ps3 games, stuff like that. Not concerned about making anything off them (tbh was gunna just send to a charity shop months ago but forgot) I just want the holds and stuff removed before I start actually spending money on this
Quote:
Quote:
Old 25-03-2015, 03:47 PM #6
0_o

0_o

Well this thread has made me realise quite how much I overuse smileys...
Quote:
Quote:
Old 25-03-2015, 03:50 PM #7

Vicky's Picky's.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-03-2015, 04:09 PM #8
You know my methods

You know my methods

I tried to sell Greek SPonges in Falkirk, just off the High Street but it was tough and after 18 months and 8 sales (3 returns) I had to quit. So I would not bother.

LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
amazon, sell