Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB16 Big Brother 16 aka Big Brother: Timebomb started 12th May 2015, and was won by Chloe Wilburn. Discuss the housemates and show in this forum.

Old 29-05-2015, 09:58 AM #1

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Kerry
BBUSA25: Cameron

Favourites (more):
Thumbs down Timebomb's men: Wet lettuces and cringe-bags

Is it just me, or are the male housemates this year rather dull, lackluster and awkward?

Danny: Somewhat of a dullard, speaks in a put on masculine voice which sounds like he's bloated. Ultimately just a token TOWIE/ football kind of nonce. Wouldn't notice if he disappeared into the wall. I didn't like it when he shouted at Harriet (even though she was being a hypocrite), it seems like he only picks fights with those he can overwhelm (like another female). I'm glad I'm not in the house because I would have flipped my sh*t during that debating task.

Nick: Kind of an awkward soul, needs to develop his own character a little bit more and stop being afraid of expressing how he really feels. Comes across as quite weak and pathetic. His friendship with Jade seemed to be going well until the "F" bomb was dropped, which seemed to scare him a little. I don't know if he has something to hide

Cristian: Appears to be a little narcissistic and passive aggressive. I've noticed a few times how he's attempted to goad a few other housemates to try and play the sympathy card. Chloe is right, I don't think you can have a real laugh with him or banter because he takes it so seriously. Just seems to be a pretty boy, no personality or sense of humor.

Jack: Started strong, now you can see the cracks forming. Nominating Eileen twice then apologizing instead of sticking by his decision - kind of seems a little bit of a people pleaser and a social schmooze. It's almost like he's friends with everyone which means he's really friends with no-one. His cute little quirky sayings are running thin, and I feel that he maybe used his nomination passes a bit too early because I think he will need them in the coming weeks...

Joel: For me, Joel is the worst male housemate. He comes across as very abrasive, snobby and utterly impertinent. His early infatuation with the twins was so awkward to watch. His bitching is getting annoying and he doesn't seem to know that he is doing it so much (or maybe he does). His comments about Jade were utterly childish, and instead of admitting when he had been caught bitching, he categorically denied it, which I found hilarious.

Kieran: His voice annoys me, the fact that it rises in pitch and volume as he talks drives me insane. He doesn't really bring a lot to the house, however, I did like it when he consoled Jade and talked with her when the other housemates kind of snubbed her in favor of the twins and Eileen. I think that Kieran will go tonight (May 29), but I don't think I'll miss him.

----------

Aaron: Now I know he's gone, but I'm still going to comment. I found Aaron severely irritating. The way he kept going after Joel in a sexual manner, almost from day 1, was excruciatingly awkward to watch. He was so self-centered and couldn't take any criticism. He cried about being called fake right before he continued to run between groups in the house (which Chloe and Harriet discovered).

Simon (Showbiz):
Right on launch night, I could see Showbiz was going to be a 'token' housemate. His Louis Spence-isms were tiring, the way he kept shouting over people and Big Brother was obnoxious to say the least. I was so happy when he received the eviction timebomb that I did a mini celebration dance. But to be honest, I wouldn't mind seeing him come back in tonight (May 29).
StephenPullen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-05-2015, 10:14 AM #2

Good post and I agree your over view and most of the insights. My two fav to watch are Nick and Joel but currently all of the men in the house are found wanting in comparison to the girls. imo
Mick is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-05-2015, 10:18 AM #3
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

I like Christian. He does not goad others. No way. I like his calmness in arguments and the way he tries to keep the peace. I much prefer him to the bitchy and backstabbing women in there. I think the lads are great, except Danny Showmance. He's dull.
Old 29-05-2015, 10:26 AM #4

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa View Post
I like Christian. He does not goad others. No way. I like his calmness in arguments and the way he tries to keep the peace. I much prefer him to the bitchy and backstabbing women in there. I think the lads are great, except Danny Showmance. He's dull.
I don't know. I'm still kind of skeptical about Cristian. I guess it's because I knew a couple of people like him in the past - their calmness in arguments is a little disconcerting in my opinion. It's kind of sociopathic in a small way. I also think bitching should be left to the women, men bitching is sad to see.

My opinion might change, but at the moment - no me gusta.

Last edited by StephenPullen; 29-05-2015 at 10:28 AM.
Old 29-05-2015, 11:16 AM #5

Totally disagree to be honest, I think the boys are far more interesting characters who have a lot more to them than the girls. The only girl in there that is remotely interesting , but not in a good way, is Jade. If not we have Harriet who would argue black was white if she could, Chloe who has just faded into the background, the twins who only come alive when they are drunk, Eileen who desperately tries anything to seek attention usually to her detriment, and Sarah who started well but totally lost her character when she resorted to draping herself over Danny and mixing with Harriet.
Trasadkel1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-05-2015, 11:17 AM #6
You know my methods

You know my methods

not too bad a summary
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-05-2015, 11:18 AM #7
Can I get a witness?

Favourites (more):
IAC2019: Nadine Coyle
Strictly 2019: Michelle Visage

Can I get a witness?

Favourites (more):
IAC2019: Nadine Coyle
Strictly 2019: Michelle Visage

They suck once again the female cast is superior

Last edited by Pete.; 29-05-2015 at 11:18 AM.
Pete. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-05-2015, 11:24 AM #8

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trasadkel1 View Post
Totally disagree to be honest, I think the boys are far more interesting characters who have a lot more to them than the girls. The only girl in there that is remotely interesting , but not in a good way, is Jade. If not we have Harriet who would argue black was white if she could, Chloe who has just faded into the background, the twins who only come alive when they are drunk, Eileen who desperately tries anything to seek attention usually to her detriment, and Sarah who started well but totally lost her character when she resorted to draping herself over Danny and mixing with Harriet.
I think most of the females are just as bad too. A thoroughly drab set of housemates this year. I actually don't mind Jade, I just wish she would stick up for herself more and set the bitches straight. The twins are ghastly, Eileen is probably the most annoying female in there. Chloe is under-edited, Harriet needs to calm down a bit, Sarah is also neither there or here. Adjoa was too quiet in the house and didn't make her place secure.

I hope there are some real bitches going in tonight (May 29). At least that would be fun to watch (for a while)
Old 29-05-2015, 11:30 AM #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenPullen View Post
I think most of the females are just as bad too. A thoroughly drab set of housemates this year. I actually don't mind Jade, I just wish she would stick up for herself more and set the bitches straight. The twins are ghastly, Eileen is probably the most annoying female in there. Chloe is under-edited, Harriet needs to calm down a bit, Sarah is also neither there or here. Adjoa was too quiet in the house and didn't make her place secure.

I hope there are some real bitches going in tonight (May 29). At least that would be fun to watch (for a while)
We could, potentially, lose 5 females tonight and we have already lost Adjoa so I would imagine there will definitely be more in the frame.
Trasadkel1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-05-2015, 11:41 AM #10
Upmarket Viewer

Favourites (more):
I'm a Celeb 2012: Ashley Roberts
BB13: Lydia
Upmarket Viewer

Favourites (more):
I'm a Celeb 2012: Ashley Roberts
BB13: Lydia

They always cast weak men for this show. They're either stupid or pansies, with an occasional stupid pansy. It's done deliberately so that they don't overshadow the females.
Dash Darington is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-05-2015, 11:43 AM #11

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petemitch View Post
They suck once again the female cast is superior
Correct

apart from Nick
Old 29-05-2015, 11:52 AM #12
cancelled

cancelled

dull HMs ripe to be overshadowed by the new arrivals................

Mark L
ebandit is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
male housemates