Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB16 Big Brother 16 aka Big Brother: Timebomb started 12th May 2015, and was won by Chloe Wilburn. Discuss the housemates and show in this forum.

Old 25-06-2015, 09:06 PM #1

Default The dynamic between Danny and Helen

There have been a few occasions now where Helen seems to have taken on board what Danny has said, which is something she rarely does with anyone else.

After their first argument, she actually sat and had a quiet, normal conversation to resolve their conflict (shocker!)

Yesterday's show when he was probing her about saying Brian looks like a murderer/rapist, she actually listened to what he was saying and responded to his leading questions, and seemed really pensive about what he was suggesting, where usually she'd just go on and on about how someone is a **** or whatever.

Tonight, Danny made a relatively little comment after her argument with Nikki and Helen started to cry, then seemed to express to Marc that it really got to her that Danny had mentioned something.

I wonder what it is about him that makes her respect his opinion more than others. I don't think anyone else has this sort of dynamic with her.
Old 25-06-2015, 09:10 PM #2
0_o

0_o

Yeah its really weird. I know this thread isn't about him but Marc seems the same with Danny too. Infact the whole house seems to respect him above all else...which is funny because I have been laughing at the idea of him being alpha in there but the past few days its became clear...he actually is

It was Danny that broke Helen tonight. Why its being hailed as some sort of victory for the other two I don't know. I don't think some people watch the same show as I do sometimes
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-06-2015, 09:28 PM #3

Yeah it's really strange that Nikki and Aisleyne are "getting the credit" (poor wording), it's clear that Helen was completely unscathed by Nikki and Aisleyne mouthing off at her, yet one small comment from Danny broke her... she got all insecure, wanted to talk more about it with him, and ran off crying!

And I agree, a lot of other housemates seem to have a similar respect for him, which is weird because I saw him as such a nobody for a long time I suppose I just find it particularly shocking come from Helen!
Old 25-06-2015, 09:45 PM #4

Favourites:
CBB7: Vinnie
I'm a Celeb 2009: Gino D'Acampo

Favourites:
CBB7: Vinnie
I'm a Celeb 2009: Gino D'Acampo

He's got the hots for her and I think she quite fancies him
guigy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-06-2015, 09:53 PM #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicadanielle View Post
There have been a few occasions now where Helen seems to have taken on board what Danny has said, which is something she rarely does with anyone else.

After their first argument, she actually sat and had a quiet, normal conversation to resolve their conflict (shocker!)

Yesterday's show when he was probing her about saying Brian looks like a murderer/rapist, she actually listened to what he was saying and responded to his leading questions, and seemed really pensive about what he was suggesting, where usually she'd just go on and on about how someone is a **** or whatever.

Tonight, Danny made a relatively little comment after her argument with Nikki and Helen started to cry, then seemed to express to Marc that it really got to her that Danny had mentioned something.

I wonder what it is about him that makes her respect his opinion more than others. I don't think anyone else has this sort of dynamic with her.

I will tell you why...because Danny speaks the truth. He tells her calmly and is direct. He doesn't shout at her so she can't get angry and spew vile. He knows how to deal with her and it winds her up that he doesn't give her a reason to shout at him.... Danny questions her behaviour and last night she unknowingly admitted all that is wrong and vile about her. However she doesn't own it..she is incapable of apologising...instead she just says it's her and it's her personality so she won't change it...and she really believes she is a nice person!!....so there's no hope for the vile cretin!!
rusticgal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-06-2015, 09:56 PM #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by guigy View Post

He can't stand her...but he tries to like her in order to get along.
I think though she does fancy him..opposites attract but she's too vile for Danny. He will never forgive or forget what she said about Victor.
Old 25-06-2015, 09:58 PM #7

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Danny will win BB thought this all along.

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-06-2015, 10:03 PM #8
You know my methods

You know my methods

She likes him and what he says to her she takes on board. Its sweet.
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-06-2015, 10:04 PM #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by guigy View Post
Hmm nah I think it's a bit more complex than that. I think that if they fancied each other there'd be more of a playful/fun side to their relationship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticgal View Post
I will tell you why...because Danny speaks the truth. He tells her calmly and is direct. He doesn't shout at her so she can't get angry and spew vile. He knows how to deal with her and it winds her up that he doesn't give her a reason to shout at him.... Danny questions her behaviour and last night she unknowingly admitted all that is wrong and vile about her. However she doesn't own it..she is incapable of apologising...instead she just says it's her and it's her personality so she won't change it...and she really believes she is a nice person!!....so there's no hope for the vile cretin!!
Absolutely, I wish other housemates would clock on to this! My opinion of Danny fluctuates almost every episode, but I've really liked watching him deal with Helen. His first argument with her about Victor ended in quite an aggressive outburst, but he seemed to really learn from his mistake and has taken a much better approach to dealing with her so that he always finishes on top. Hope he keeps it up!
Old 25-06-2015, 10:05 PM #10

Danny is a shady bitch who likes to try and play the nice guy and is always looking for any fake angle to play the hero.

I wish Mark had just slapped him when he got in his face, it's just embarresing to fight a skinny pussy and that's why he didn't.
Old 25-06-2015, 10:05 PM #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazanne View Post
Danny will win BB thought this all along.

He will particularly after recent events...and he deserves it.
Old 25-06-2015, 10:07 PM #12
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BBUSA19: Cody
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BBUSA19: Cody

It's not that weird. Helen's social circle is full of guys like Danny so she can't comprehend that he hates her.
Old 25-06-2015, 10:10 PM #13

wack danny
fitz2k2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-06-2015, 10:35 PM #14

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Martin Kemp
BB13: Benedict

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Martin Kemp
BB13: Benedict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macie Lightfoot View Post
It's not that weird. Helen's social circle is full of guys like Danny so she can't comprehend that he hates her.
Truth
Old 25-06-2015, 11:39 PM #15

It's because she is so full of suppressed self-loathing that she is jealous of almost every woman she meets. Notice that most of her friends are men.
jegmeister is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-06-2015, 11:49 PM #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicadanielle View Post

I actually think I know what it is. I didn't watch last season, so I'm basing it all on what I've seen here, and apparently when she's in a fight with someone, anyone, they all sit around and stare, like rabbits in headlights, which I think was the main reason Brian escaped. He could bare her being horrible, but he had a problem with how no one, no one, supported him.

I don't know why, it's as if she can hypnotize people, hypnotoad that she is. And Danny seems to be the first one that wakes from trance. He keeps quiet as she and the victim are screaming at eachother, then when victim runs away, he walks in on her, while she's still riled up, and attacks her. And it seems she can't take that, it's almost as if she needs a breather between two shouting sessions.
mimosveta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-06-2015, 08:15 AM #17

Right from the start my take on Danny was just a fairly normal and decent bloke.They do win BB Luke Sam.

He does not seek negative interactions with anyone but has shown that he will step up when necessary. As a result he has earned some respect from most HMs and some of the viewers.Marc try's to take respect and Helen is perceptive when it comes to men.

I think Helen understands this distinction and actually favours dan when compared to marc and this is why she can feel influenced by him.
Mick is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-06-2015, 08:26 AM #18

Marc seemed a bit jealous in bedroom when he tried to comfort her (before Joel stepped in), he's bitter that even Helen seeks Danny's approval.
alex_front2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-06-2015, 01:19 PM #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
Yeah its really weird. I know this thread isn't about him but Marc seems the same with Danny too. Infact the whole house seems to respect him above all else...which is funny because I have been laughing at the idea of him being alpha in there but the past few days its became clear...he actually is

It was Danny that broke Helen tonight. Why its being hailed as some sort of victory for the other two I don't know. I don't think some people watch the same show as I do sometimes
Exactly what I'm feeling. All the people on forums and BOTS saying Aisleyne and Nikki 'owned', or slayed Helen, or that Helen has met her match or that Helen was bricking it etc., like you Vicky, I also feel I'm watching a different show.

I loved Aisleyne in her series and imo she was a great housemate, so it's not out of any dislike for her that I feel this way, but imo her or Nikki didn't 'own' anybody in there and certainly not Helen.

Helen is completely fearless regarding the pair of them. She sauntered over and plonked herself down beside Aisleyne in the smoking area and addressed the 'basic bitch' thing without fear. Aisleyne was all mouth behind her back speaking with Nikki calling her "vile bitch" etc, yet when Helen came over beside her she was all "I don't want any negativity, I'm here for fun, I don't want to argue with you" All Helen did was rightly point out that it was bull, because she caused negativity and an argument by coming in and throwing the present at her and calling her a basic bitch so it was absolute crap for Aisleyne to pretend to be so caring about the other housemates and not wanting to make them feel uncomfortable with negativity when she came in with that attitude and was sat there bitching about Helen straight away.

Also when Helen told her not to wave her hands at her she stopped. When Helen pointed out that she didn't secretly record Aisleyne (the whole story that Aisleyne has been spinning to people) because she wasn't even in the room, Aisleyne didn't argue that point but instead started saying "umm, yeah but you put it up online" -which Helen has no problem saying she did.
So imo Helen basically exposed Aisleyne for lying about her saying that she recorded her, had no problem saying she put it online though and fearlessly explained her reasons why, and also showed Aisleyne up to look like a foolish hypocrite pretending to care about the other housemates and not wanting negativity for them when she came in with the most negative attitude possible! Aisleyne looked very silly in that argument imo.

Then Nikki screaming about what a "legend" she feels she is, screaming and shouting right in the face of Helen who just allowed her to continue getting in her face without budging or flinching once, before running off and crying in the diaryroom with Aisleyne. It's embarrassing to watch a 30 something year old getting treated like a little baby, getting hugged and Aisleyne saying "you stood up to a bully" good ickle girl, when Nikki was the one screaming her head of like a lunatic in the sitting room but didn't have the guts to open her mouth before Ais arrive.

I'm not meaning to take sides really, as I said I think Aisleyne can be a great housemate as can Nikki, and I know that Helen can definitely say the wrong things, be very nasty and be in the wrong plenty of the time..

It's just that in those 2 particular arguments I think Helen made Aisleyne look foolish and Nikki looked like a little wimp who had too much to drink and found her voice only when she had backup then blubbed like a baby afterwards.

They have their reasons for not liking Helen and can say what they like that's fair enough, I just don't think anybody 'owned' Helen there at all. Maybe in future arguments Aisleyne or Nikki will somehow get the better of Helen or "slay" her, but it certainly didn't happen in these 2 particular rows (IMO).

Danny set Helen off not them.
Pink Pegasus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-06-2015, 01:41 PM #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimosveta View Post
I actually think I know what it is. I didn't watch last season, so I'm basing it all on what I've seen here, and apparently when she's in a fight with someone, anyone, they all sit around and stare, like rabbits in headlights, which I think was the main reason Brian escaped. He could bare her being horrible, but he had a problem with how no one, no one, supported him.

I don't know why, it's as if she can hypnotize people, hypnotoad that she is. And Danny seems to be the first one that wakes from trance. He keeps quiet as she and the victim are screaming at eachother, then when victim runs away, he walks in on her, while she's still riled up, and attacks her. And it seems she can't take that, it's almost as if she needs a breather between two shouting sessions.

good post nice to have someone on the forum with some insight
sungrass is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-06-2015, 02:09 PM #21

Favourites (more):
Survivor 37: Jessica
BBUSA20: Haleigh

Favourites (more):
Survivor 37: Jessica
BBUSA20: Haleigh

Yeah it's pretty obvious that she fancies him.
AarynGriesfan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-06-2015, 03:37 PM #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by AarynGriesfan View Post
Yeah it's pretty obvious that she fancies him.
You could be right. She fancied Ash and Danny has the same, slighty stupid, slightly scruffy, not much to say, air about him.
Maybe that's her type?
jennyjuniper is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
danny, dynamic, helen