Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB16 Big Brother 16 aka Big Brother: Timebomb started 12th May 2015, and was won by Chloe Wilburn. Discuss the housemates and show in this forum.

Old 07-07-2015, 09:27 PM #26

Favourites (more):
BB13: Deana
BB12: Aaron

Favourites (more):
BB13: Deana
BB12: Aaron

tbh jack provided more than chloe and danny has im no jack fan but ill be happy if he wins over christian/danny and chloe the three stooges
ash2012 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 11:33 PM #27
oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB6 View Post
Airtime does not equal entertainment. Just because he's been shown a lot it doesn't mean what he's doing is actually entertaining.
If taking offense to being nominated is what you call entertaining, then well I have no words.

Judging by your favourites, you seem to fall for the housemates C5 milk for all the manufactured controversy. A la Perez and Marc. Might explain why you think BB15 is a good series.
I never said it did, because if it did then that would mean I think every series is always entertaining constantly, and quite obviously they aren't or else I wouldn't complain when it's crap. However, the housemates that are given airtime are usually the people who are providing the most entertainment, bringing the most to the show and are the people the editors believe will create the storylines that will provide discussion for forums, viewers, BOTS, etc. When we had live feed we could obviously cross check the edit but now we don't all we have to go on is the 48 minutes we're given, and quite frankly hypothesising that other housemates ~might~ be doing stuff but just aren't shown is just pointless. We aren't seeing it, so chances are it's not worth watching. Supporting housemates based on an idea that 'hey, you never know they might be entertaining if they were shown!' is just a silly idea that would ultimately destroy the show if everyone took that approach.

Not in the slightest, I've been a fan of housemates who provided drama and contributed to the series for as long as I can remember; John James, Rex, Charley, Makosi, the list goes on. I'm more than aware of the manufactured divides and one vs one storylines C5 seem desperate to create and have made that clear on several occasions, but that doesn't mean that the housemates involved aren't entertaining or good housemates. People may on here may have not enjoyed the Perez/Hopkins storyline but CBB15 did extremely well ratings wise so...

And BB15 was a good series and really underrated. For a start it has the most deserving final two in the history of BBUK (and the first all female one which was completely fitting) so that automatically gives it points, it had messy and hilarious storylines like Steven and Kimberly and other divides like Helen and Ashleigh which split the fanbase, as well as big characters in other ways like Mark, or Toya. It was shambolically produced but not half as much as BB16.

As for taking offence to being nominated being entertaining...well obviously, why wouldn't it be? What could be more boring than them all sitting around and going 'oh yeah guys don't worry about it it's fine! '. Of course they're self entitled twats that need to get over it when they do get nominated, no one's denying that, but I'd still rather housemates get annoyed at being nominated than take it on the chin...of what benefit is that to the show?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firegazer View Post
I still don't understand why they ended the last C4 series of Big Brother like that. A double eviction and a 7-way finale would've been enough. I'd rather watch 7 of them than the 4 bores that we ended up with.
It was PEJ's last **** you to the fans and a way to engineer a Josie win, and it still pisses me off to this day. It wasn't so much the quad eviction that was the problem, it was the fact they didn't make it a vote to save (or hell, even a vote to win, we were a week off the final) because that would have rid us of the deadwood that didn't deserve to be there and given us the most unpredictable and deserving bunch of finalists consisting of Josie, John James, Sam and Corin...and Steve, but who cares about him?
Jack_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 11:41 PM #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by reece(: View Post
Chloe is much less of a bore than most of them tbf.
Examples??

Until they showed her the money this week you were lucky to see her say more than 2 things per show unless Marc was antagonizing her.

As to the OP

Yes it is one of the worst, im convinced the whole time warp HMs and hotel BB was cause they knew they had a terrible house and badly attempted to inject some controversy in there.

If Helen, Ash, Nikki et al hadnt gone in the last 3 weeks would have literally been so boring, like BB4 boring.
Old 08-07-2015, 12:24 AM #29
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BBUSA19: Cody
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

to be fair, I really don't think the editors could give a **** what gets discussed on forums like this and DS. Like, they really do not give a ****, and that's if they even know we exist. So many people acknowledged that last year was a complete disaster all around but optimistically wrote it off as a one-time fluke, but then this year we found out that this is what the producers want it's incredibly disheartening. The producers care a hell of a lot more about their own agenda and promoting their own set of values onto us (make no mistake about it, this show definitely espouses a set of core values) than what people on forums are saying. The ratings for BB16 have been a mess and they've just been trying random **** to fix it without any rhyme or reason and thus we were left with the Human Centipede equivalent of BBUK.

As for BB15, even if you're a fan of the final two (I think Helen sucks so that doesn't even help my opinion of the series) the journey to get there is soooo unenjoyable and not worth it. Production was horrible as stated, the cast was the most unlikable ever and consisted of a core group of vapid people who openly disliked anyone who didn't resemble the physical embodiment of high school cool, and the series always felt like it was going to collapse under the pressure of its own terribleness. That was finally reached after Armageddon because those last four weeks with Pav and Zoe and Biannca are some of the worst ever in BBUK history. It's also worth mentioning that Steven/Kimberly are absolutely the most emotionally abusive showmance in the show's history, and that sure is a ****ing feat considering this show produced gems (alol I accidentally typed Jem <3) like Aaron/Faye and Ziggy/Chanelle. Poor Kim, indeed.
Old 08-07-2015, 12:32 AM #30
oh fack off

Favourites (more):

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macie Lightfoot View Post
to be fair, I really don't think the editors could give a **** what gets discussed on forums like this and DS. Like, they really do not give a ****, and that's if they even know we exist. So many people acknowledged that last year was a complete disaster all around but optimistically wrote it off as a one-time fluke, but then this year we found out that this is what the producers want it's incredibly disheartening. The producers care a hell of a lot more about their own agenda and promoting their own set of values onto us (make no mistake about it, this show definitely espouses a set of core values) than what people on forums are saying. The ratings for BB16 have been a mess and they've just been trying random **** to fix it without any rhyme or reason and thus we were left with the Human Centipede equivalent of BBUK.

As for BB15, even if you're a fan of the final two (I think Helen sucks so that doesn't even help my opinion of the series) the journey to get there is soooo unenjoyable and not worth it. Production was horrible as stated, the cast was the most unlikable ever and consisted of a core group of vapid people who openly disliked anyone who didn't resemble the physical embodiment of high school cool, and the series always felt like it was going to collapse under the pressure of its own terribleness. That was finally reached after Armageddon because those last four weeks with Pav and Zoe and Biannca are some of the worst ever in BBUK history. It's also worth mentioning that Steven/Kimberly are absolutely the most emotionally abusive showmance in the show's history, and that sure is a ****ing feat considering this show produced gems (alol I accidentally typed Jem <3) like Aaron/Faye and Ziggy/Chanelle. Poor Kim, indeed.
They don't give a **** what we think, on that I agree. That's evidenced by the fact that they continually ignore what the fans on forums want production wise, I don't deny that. But they definitely do care that we are talking. All they want is for us to talk, and the fact that they continue to pedal out ridiculously contrived tasks and twists designed to stir up drama and controversy is testament to that. Hell, people have even gone so far as to say Aaron's ejection was a publicity stunt. They are desperate for controversy, desperate for people to be talking about the show, desperate for press attention. They absolutely do care that we are talking about it, they just don't care whether it's positive or negative.

I personally enjoyed BB15 though, nearly all of them were unlikeable but like I've said before, I'm not looking for a new best friend on Big Brother, I don't live with them and so I certainly don't need to, or to be honest want to, relate to people on a TV show I watch for 48 minutes a night. As long as they're providing me with a reason to come on here and talk about the show, or do so in real life, and giving me a bit of escapism when I watch the show that's all I really care about. And last year the cast certainly did that. I won't deny it was an exhausting series and it's one I would never watch again, but in the months after it finished I realised it really wasn't that bad and I put a lot of weight on the eviction/finalist orders to help determine what I think overall of a series, and they were near perfect last year.

Last edited by Jack_; 08-07-2015 at 12:32 AM.
Jack_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 12:36 AM #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_ View Post
I personally enjoyed BB15 though, nearly all of them were unlikeable but like I've said before, I'm not looking for a new best friend on Big Brother, I don't live with them and so I certainly don't need to, or to be honest want to, relate to people on a TV show I watch for 48 minutes a night. As long as they're providing me with a reason to come on here and talk about the show, or do so in real life, and giving me a bit of escapism when I watch the show that's all I really care about. And last year the cast certainly did that. I won't deny it was an exhausting series and it's one I would never watch again, but in the months after it finished I realised it really wasn't that bad and I put a lot of weight on the eviction/finalist orders to help determine what I think overall of a series, and they were near perfect last year.
Agree with this... for me I dont understand the whole 'that person is horrible' evict them' mentality.

As long as they provide some form of talking point they serve their purpose on the show, unlike the bores who float along doing sod all and giving us nothing.
Old 08-07-2015, 01:28 AM #32
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_ View Post
I personally enjoyed BB15 though, nearly all of them were unlikeable but like I've said before, I'm not looking for a new best friend on Big Brother, I don't live with them and so I certainly don't need to, or to be honest want to, relate to people on a TV show I watch for 48 minutes a night. As long as they're providing me with a reason to come on here and talk about the show, or do so in real life, and giving me a bit of escapism when I watch the show that's all I really care about. And last year the cast certainly did that.
I get what you're saying about not looking for a new best friend or a roommate, but like... this show is a bit of an endeavor to watch. It's on every day and you have to set aside time to watch so that you don't fall too far behind. It's a show of large volume and you need to be able to commit at least a little to it all. For a lot of us that involves stuff like forming opinions of HMs, investing in the house dynamics, all that stuff. But with BB15 I found that I hated most of them and didn't enjoy watching them at all. I was not enamored by Helen "telling it how it fookin is" and using that as an excuse to be an unmitigated asshole to people who she deemed uncool, I could not bear to watch Steven forbid Kimberly from returning to her apartment and demand that she sever all contact with anyone she's ever dated and force her to destroy pictures of her ex, I certainly could not watch Kimberly actually comply with all of that ****, I found idiots like Ash and Winston and Marlon to be incredibly tedious, I couldn't stand Mark's emotional trench warfare with Christopher and the **** he tried to pull on Chris with the prize fund, you get the idea.

There was next to nothing for me to enjoy and I felt like each episode was a waste of time the series just offered nothing for me. I had a similar experience with the latest Survivor season, but that's a show of much volume and it was obvious that there was a narratively satisfying ending. For BB15, not only did I find the end result to be incredibly underwhelming but I was disappointed to realize that it's an ending that the show actively endorses. Like, it's not lost on me that the only person outside of Helen's clique who has appeared on BOTS was Matthew (who only appeared since he's dating Mark), yet we've seen multiple appearances from Mark and Steven and have also seen Ash and Biannca and Helen. Like, the MO of this show has become thoughtless and baseless conflict, and both people and the program become labeled as boring and too nice and all that really means is "the show is currently lacking a certain type of forced and unimaginable conflict and that's the only kind of conflict that makes a good show." I don't know, I always thought that BB15 was **** but with everything that happened this series it only makes me reflect on BB15 even more critically since I think it caused a lot of the terrible stuff in BB16 to happen.

tl;dr this show is long to watch and lately the producers have been promoting and celebrating a lot of values that are direct contrast to mine, and it has led me to question my relationship with a show I once loved.
Old 08-07-2015, 10:17 AM #33
Big Brother Addict

Favourites (more):
BBUSA18: Paul
BB17: Jason
Big Brother Addict

Favourites (more):
BBUSA18: Paul
BB17: Jason

It's BB3 all over again.
Razor is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic