Notices

Big Brother Designs (fan made) For all fan-made BB banners, adverts, logos etc.

Old 15-07-2015, 02:48 PM #1

Cool Big Brother 2016: Mystery Game

So I posted a thread earlier: http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/foru...d.php?t=284931 and I thought I'd kinda elaborate on the concept of 'Mystery Game'.

Big Brother: Mystery Game would firstly and most importantly go back to basics with the rules. Absolutely no contact with the outside world, this means no letters from home, no tasks which involve the public voting on polls on things to do with housemates and what I think the show so desperately needs, Emma speaking from a silent studio so there are no public perceptions being given to housemates.

The live feed would return online at a small fee.

In order to have a stricter policy of rule breaking in the house: the traditional format to nominations would return, no face-to-face nominations, no nomination reveals, no twists, just simple nominations. A stricter Big Brother would come into practice with the return of 'three strikes and you're out' tagline. Housemates who repeatedly discuss nominations would receive a strike. Secret houses to be completely scrapped in every single way. A jail should definitely return to the house and punishments should be made harsher. A series long policy of rule breaking removes money from the prize fund would be introduced which would involve say £500 - £1000 being removed everytime a housemate breaks the rules with no ways to earn it back.

Changing The Game: The Secret Housemate
In attempts to freshen up the show and to make the title of the show an actual ongoing thing I've come up with a concept which could be tricky but could be great...

There is one undercover housemate who is a housemate and are eligible to win however they're working under the instruction of Big Brother. Their job is to cause tension in the house and to manipulate the game. The twist is that not only do none of the housemates know who it is but neither does the public and the mole is only revealed when they have left the house. The housemates included in the series should have very feisty characters so that the game continues and the culprit isn't as easy to spot. Tasks can be involved with a mole right throughout the series such as planting messages, developing fake friendships and causing rifts throughout the house!

Changing The Game: The Tension Table
Another new feature I have created with this new concept is to include a new room in the house which has a large round table in it called 'The Tension Table'. Housemates sit around the table twice a week. Once during nominations - so basically they all sit together whilst nominations are ongoing in the diary room and whilst they are revealed straight after. The second meeting of the week should be for housemates to discuss a talking point given by Big Brother (possibly a VT shown of a bitchy conversation which has happened that week in the house), This feature could be a really big point for the mole to come in! (BTW, both 'The Tension Table' and 'The Mole' are working titles).

The House
I think that the house really needs a drastic overhaul. I think that the exterior set should be completely rethought of as well. Before the series, a basement would be dug out and this would be the new entrance into the house, so no more stairs to walk up. I've always thought there should be a proper upstairs and downstairs in the house! The Tension Table Room and The Living Room would be downstairs (where the housemates enter). There would also be a transparent vault thing in the house where all of the cash prize is! As housemates break rules and lose money, the cash is destroyed. (Obviously the cash inside would have to be fake).

Of course I know that this concept still needs a lot more thinking through but just wanted to get some opinions on it! I've been thinking about it for a while now haha. I really wish I was a BB producer lol

Last edited by jjd0951115; 15-07-2015 at 02:50 PM.
jjd0951115 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-07-2015, 07:51 PM #2
27/01/2020

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Clara Amfo
BBUSA22: Da'Vonne

27/01/2020

Favourites (more):

Good!
Old 15-07-2015, 10:45 PM #3

Love the eye! I really like the theme of being mysterious but I'm not sure I agree with the idea of the 'mole' being secret to the public as well. We should always know what's going on IMO. Overall, some great ideas though and as I said, the eye is amazing!
AProducer'sWetDream is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-07-2015, 06:27 PM #4

Favourites (more):
BBUSA16: Zach
BBCanada 2: Neda

Favourites (more):
BBUSA16: Zach
BBCanada 2: Neda

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjd0951115 View Post
Big Brother: Mystery Game would firstly and most importantly go back to basics with the rules. Absolutely no contact with the outside world, this means no letters from home, no tasks which involve the public voting on polls on things to do with housemates and what I think the show so desperately needs, Emma speaking from a silent studio so there are no public perceptions being given to housemates.

The live feed would return online at a small fee.

In order to have a stricter policy of rule breaking in the house: the traditional format to nominations would return, no face-to-face nominations, no nomination reveals, no twists, just simple nominations. A stricter Big Brother would come into practice with the return of 'three strikes and you're out' tagline. Housemates who repeatedly discuss nominations would receive a strike. Secret houses to be completely scrapped in every single way. A jail should definitely return to the house and punishments should be made harsher. A series long policy of rule breaking removes money from the prize fund would be introduced which would involve say £500 - £1000 being removed everytime a housemate breaks the rules with no ways to earn it back.
It really is that simple - going back to basic rules which gives the show a strong foundation, a foundation upon which twists can be built once the show is back on it's feet. Twists fall flat at the moment as there isn't actually anything too twist!

The three strikes rule is absolutely fair to everyone too, most of all producers who can take action against housemates without having to throw them out. Aaron should never have been ejected this year, but a strike would have been warranted. Get to two strikes and it really focuses the HMs attention on their own behaviour.

As for the other things, not sure about the "tension table" (concept is fine, name is creating conflict for the sake of it!), and although the twist of a mole not being revealed to the public would work well in the US version I think it would suggest favouritism here, something the show needs to move away from. It is an idea though that could be developed to address the potential issues.

Overall the tone of the show really needs to change though from the voiceover to the editing to who they put in in the first place. I've started rewatching BB1 in it's entirity in the last few days and as well as Marcus having a completely different voice and narrating in a much more subtle way there are a couple of other things of note.

Firstly the first week actually focused quite a lot on the strategy aspect of nominations and they weren't overly strict on the rules of nominations - they could talk about the process and who they thought might be up, but not directly influence each other. Secondly the simple idea of having two bedrooms actually let us see how the boys and girls interacted differently when they were divided by gender and as a group as a whole.

I'm not saying they should do that every season but they should definately change up the bedroom arrangements from series to series as it does change how the group interacts - I think BB9 was the last with two bedrooms and B-Block vs Luxury basically set up the storylines for the entire series. Also breaking the group into smaller groups at times of the day means HMs who might not speak up when they're one big group do so at night when they're in a less overpowering environment.
Brekkie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-07-2015, 06:42 AM #5
Mrbigbrother

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Katie Hopkins
BB15: Ashleigh
Mrbigbrother

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Katie Hopkins
BB15: Ashleigh

Love the eye! The center of the eye reminds me of elliebrews eyes, but other than that, ITS GREAT!
Mrbigbrother is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-07-2015, 08:31 AM #6
27/01/2020

Favourites (more):

27/01/2020

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbigbrother View Post
Love the eye! The center of the eye reminds me of elliebrews eyes, but other than that, ITS GREAT!
It probably is. There is among of it on google images.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
2016, big brother, concept, idea or proposal