Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB16 Celebrity Big Brother 2015 (CBB16) aka 'CBB: UK vs USA' started on Channel 5 on August 27th 2015. Discuss the series here.

Old 22-09-2015, 12:46 PM #176
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
I think Austin is quite obsessed with James who on the other hand sees (or did see) Austin as someone to hang out and have fun with - and they did have fun together and got on well. I think James began to feel uncomfortable when the married Austin started behaving inappropriately towards him. James could have made a big deal out of it but he handled the 'situations' when they arose brilliantly. imo Austin reads far more into their relationship than actually exists (whether its sexual or just friendship) and I think the public have bought into it and has seen them as some devoted, inseparable pair who have to be loyal to each other no matter what.
James has said Austin is his best friend in the house which means just that - he simply gets on with him best and that is it, no more, no less. He has no reason to keep quiet about Austin's treatment of an older lady and if it had been anyone else doing the same thing he would have spoken up just the same.
Remember he got at Farrah as well for the way she spoke to people. He may come across as a bit sanctimonious at times but I think that is due to the fact he was brought up by his grandparents and his views could be seen nowadays as 'old - fashioned' - like respect for your elders etc. I for one think it is quite refreshing.
Old 22-09-2015, 12:49 PM #177

Quote:
I think Austin is quite obsessed with James who on the other hand sees (or did see) Austin as someone to hang out and have fun with - and they did have fun together and got on well. I think James began to feel uncomfortable when the married Austin started behaving inappropriately towards him. James could have made a big deal out of it but he handled the 'situations' when they arose brilliantly. imo Austin reads far more into their relationship than actually exists (whether its sexual or just friendship) and I think the public have bought into it and has seen them as some devoted, inseparable pair who have to be loyal to each other no matter what.
James has said Austin is his best friend in the house which means just that - he simply gets on with him best and that is it, no more, no less. He has no reason to keep quiet about Austin's treatment of an older lady and if it had been anyone else doing the same thing he would have spoken up just the same.
Remember he got at Farrah as well for the way she spoke to people. He may come across as a bit sanctimonious at times but I think that is due to the fact he was brought up by his grandparents and his views could be seen nowadays as 'old - fashioned' - like respect for your elders etc. I for one think it is quite refreshing.
Isn't it strange how people can come to completely different conclusions, based on the same actions. You find James' character 'old-fashioned' and 'quite refreshing'. I find him without any moral fiber whatsoever and so far from 'old fashioned' as is possible to get.

He knows that Austin has a thing for him. James knows that austin feels strongly for him. Yet James disapproves of Austin's behaviour, so much so that he nominates him for eviction. Yet he still pretends to be his 'best friend in the house'. He still plays along with it all. Why? Because he thinks this will endear him to the public, not because he feels any friendship towards Austin.

James is a typical 'tease' and a not very nice character.
downthechippie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-09-2015, 12:50 PM #178

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by downthechippie View Post
oh, I too would have respected James if he had told Austin straight that he was totally pissed off with his attitude, so much so that it was affecting his feelings of friendship towards him. What jars with me, is the way he ca\vorts with Austin, all the banter and closeness, as though they were good friends. All this talk of people not getting close in a few weeks is just not true. People can get very very close in a few weeks if they are sharing experiences and time and proximity with each other 24/7.

What has made me dislike James is his cold bloodedness. His ability to be emotionally aloof from someone who obviously cares a lot for him - i.e. Austin. James knows how Austin feels about him and James is not being open and honest.

That is not nice.
He did speak to him about his attitude, several times!
Of course James is going to banter with Austin - they hang out together and have fun. It doesn't mean they have to swear undying loyalty to each other no matter if one of them behaves like a bullying lout.
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-09-2015, 01:01 PM #179

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Isn't it strange how people can come to completely different conclusions, based on the same actions. You find James' character 'old-fashioned' and 'quite refreshing'. I find him without any moral fiber whatsoever and so far from 'old fashioned' as is possible to get.

He knows that Austin has a thing for him. James knows that austin feels strongly for him. Yet James disapproves of Austin's behaviour, so much so that he nominates him for eviction. Yet he still pretends to be his 'best friend in the house'. He still plays along with it all. Why? Because he thinks this will endear him to the public, not because he feels any friendship towards Austin.

James is a typical 'tease' and a not very nice character.
Yep, different strokes for different folks.
James IS Austin's best friend in the house. He tried to talk to him over and over about his attitude and when he disregarded him and disrespected him by ganging up on him with Jenna on two occasions he nominated him along with Jenna. He had no problems with anyone else in the house. Even though Austin once again spewed a torrent of horrendous abuse at an elderly woman he is still a friend to him. Sounds like a good mate to me.

Last edited by jet; 22-09-2015 at 01:46 PM.
Old 22-09-2015, 01:18 PM #180

Quote:
If James told Austin that he thought he was a 'nasty piece of crap', then I'd have respect for James. Instead James pretends to like Austin. Says he is nominating him 'for his own good' type thing.

That's what makes James a rather low-life character. in my opinion.

and we can all see why he nominated him for his own good - he did the right thing. Look at his antics last night.
just thinkin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-09-2015, 01:22 PM #181

Quote:
oh, I too would have respected James if he had told Austin straight that he was totally pissed off with his attitude, so much so that it was affecting his feelings of friendship towards him. What jars with me, is the way he ca\vorts with Austin, all the banter and closeness, as though they were good friends. All this talk of people not getting close in a few weeks is just not true. People can get very very close in a few weeks if they are sharing experiences and time and proximity with each other 24/7.

What has made me dislike James is his cold bloodedness. His ability to be emotionally aloof from someone who obviously cares a lot for him - i.e. Austin. James knows how Austin feels about him and James is not being open and honest.

That is not nice.

he did - and a lot more than once. Austin 'Im always right' Amoroso didn't want to listen and instead went off on a rant.
just thinkin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-09-2015, 01:33 PM #182

Quote:
Spot on
poppsywoppsy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-09-2015, 01:40 PM #183

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BB17: Evelyn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia4 View Post
Who can agree with Austin if he's a mate or not Austin is vile he was nasty to Chloe he's had a go at Bobby he fell out with Farrah he tried a argument with Stevi he mad mouthed Jenna then he's been at Janice all the way through the show.
James did the right thing he knew that Austin was a nasty piece of crap.
Yes Austin has done all of that from the very beginning.

James did 'the right thing' as soon as Austin challenged his insincere decision to save Chloe for Janice.
MrWong is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-09-2015, 02:02 PM #184

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWong View Post
Yes Austin has done all of that from the very beginning.

James did 'the right thing' as soon as Austin challenged his insincere decision to save Chloe for Janice.
James did the right thing because 1) his 'best friend' Austin ganged up on him with his new sidekick Jenna twice over because James has a different opinion of and respects someone who they don't. 2) Austin has turned out to be a bullying lout who yells at and insults an elderly woman and a woman (Chloe) who he perceives as weak and won't yell back.
Sound reasons for a nomination in anyone's book.
Old 22-09-2015, 02:42 PM #185

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
James did the right thing because 1) his 'best friend' Austin ganged up on him with his new sidekick Jenna twice over because James has a different opinion of and respects someone who they don't. 2) Austin has turned out to be a bullying lout who yells at and insults an elderly woman and a woman (Chloe) who he perceives as weak and won't yell back.
Sound reasons for a nomination in anyone's book.
Ganged up lol Just cause James says it doesn't make it true.

They both didn't buy his reason for saving Janice and whenever either of them made a valid point James would close the conversation down and walk away.

Exactly like he did on The Apprentice.

A week ago James didn't give a **** about Chloe and told Stevie to back off and let her stand on her own two feet.
MrWong is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-09-2015, 02:51 PM #186

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWong View Post
Ganged up lol Just cause James says it doesn't make it true.

They both didn't buy his reason for saving Janice and whenever either of them made a valid point James would close the conversation down and walk away.

Exactly like he did on The Apprentice.

A week ago James didn't give a **** about Chloe and told Stevie to back off and let her stand on her own two feet.
Well I seen them ganging up on him. Jenna on one side, Austin on the other, questioning him over and over and not listening to what he had to say. After calmly trying to explain half a dozen times he very sensibly said enough was enough and walked away. James is brilliant in that kind of situation. If he feels he isn't being listened to or he's being talked over, he removes himself rather than shouting and getting nasty.
He told Austin he felt ganged up on afterwards, but as usual Austin didn't listen and he and Jenna did the exact same thing the next day.

Last edited by jet; 22-09-2015 at 02:52 PM.
Old 22-09-2015, 02:55 PM #187
hot tamale

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Janelle
Survivor 40: Michele
hot tamale

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Janelle
Survivor 40: Michele

Let's end this with both suck.

Spoiler: