Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

View Poll Results: Do you think it exists?
Absolutely. I think any type of 'Phobia' can exist. 29 46.77%
Absolutely. I think any type of 'Phobia' can exist.
29 46.77%
No, it doesn't. 28 45.16%
No, it doesn't.
28 45.16%
I am undecided. 5 8.06%
I am undecided.
5 8.06%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 24-09-2015, 01:40 PM #151
You know my methods

You know my methods

is hating on a gay gay for being a hetrophobe considered as homophobia
Old 24-09-2015, 01:48 PM #152

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
is hating on a gay gay for being a hetrophobe considered as homophobia

is hating homophobes, homophobiaphobia?

---

On the topic though, I don't think it needs to be "socially accepted" to be a phobia. There probably is someone in the world who hates straight people. We might as well make a name for it

Last edited by Ashley.; 24-09-2015 at 01:50 PM.
Old 24-09-2015, 03:57 PM #153
Ninastar

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Michelle Visage
X Factor 2014: Fleur East

Ninastar

Favourites (more):

Basically gonna be one of my last posts in this thread, because it's basically just going backwards and forwards now.

I think the main issue is the word 'Heterophobia' which I think is pretty understandable. It makes it sounds like it's a huge issue, which it totally isn't. I don't think one person in this thread has said it. But when I speak of 'Heterophobia' I mean people taking the piss out of straight people, whether they are joking or not, or when someone states that someone can't have an opinion about 'X' because they are straight, or even puts someone down, because they haven't 'had it as badly as them'. I've seen all of these things happen and if it had been the other way around, then people would go crazy.

Yeah, some people might have an issue with the word 'heterophobic' but to dismiss this and call it something else like 'false equivalency' or 'prejudice' is just wrong IMO. It makes it seem like it's not as important/insulting. Yeah, I'll 100% agree with those who say it isn't as big of an issue as homophobia... But it still happens.

My biggest issue with this is the fact that people believe that different issues stand on different platforms. Which is a thread of it's own I guess. I just view everyone equally and I think there's a point where history doesn't necessarily come into things and it doesn't need to. We've come so far as a world (well, the UK has anyway) and I feel like when people constantly bring up the past, nothing will change. Obviously I'm not saying that we should totes forget how badly gay people have been treated, I'm just saying that there are times where that doesn't matter.

I find the results interesting. It's pretty much split in half and some people voted completely differently to what I expected.

I'm glad that the second time this was opened, people mostly were able to debate without silly name calling. One of my biggest hates about serious debates is when people think it's okay to laugh or make fun of someones views. It's just an opinion, you don't need to call someone a name for it
Old 24-09-2015, 06:34 PM #154

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
Basically gonna be one of my last posts in this thread, because it's basically just going backwards and forwards now.

I think the main issue is the word 'Heterophobia' which I think is pretty understandable. It makes it sounds like it's a huge issue, which it totally isn't. I don't think one person in this thread has said it. But when I speak of 'Heterophobia' I mean people taking the piss out of straight people, whether they are joking or not, or when someone states that someone can't have an opinion about 'X' because they are straight, or even puts someone down, because they haven't 'had it as badly as them'. I've seen all of these things happen and if it had been the other way around, then people would go crazy.

Yeah, some people might have an issue with the word 'heterophobic' but to dismiss this and call it something else like 'false equivalency' or 'prejudice' is just wrong IMO. It makes it seem like it's not as important/insulting. Yeah, I'll 100% agree with those who say it isn't as big of an issue as homophobia... But it still happens.

My biggest issue with this is the fact that people believe that different issues stand on different platforms. Which is a thread of it's own I guess. I just view everyone equally and I think there's a point where history doesn't necessarily come into things and it doesn't need to. We've come so far as a world (well, the UK has anyway) and I feel like when people constantly bring up the past, nothing will change. Obviously I'm not saying that we should totes forget how badly gay people have been treated, I'm just saying that there are times where that doesn't matter.

I find the results interesting. It's pretty much split in half and some people voted completely differently to what I expected.

I'm glad that the second time this was opened, people mostly were able to debate without silly name calling. One of my biggest hates about serious debates is when people think it's okay to laugh or make fun of someones views. It's just an opinion, you don't need to call someone a name for it
Lovely post and well summed up. Unfortunately i had to step away from the thread after the last attempt turned into what it did and i ended up having to delete death threats from my personal facebook account which i regret ever posting here over a year ago.
A very strange reaction i have no idea why some felt threatened by the idea or why a couple of them were so dim to feel threatened by it (one of them called george apparently)
Im done here this has finished it off for me. Too many idiots.

Last edited by billy123; 24-09-2015 at 06:37 PM.
Old 24-09-2015, 06:36 PM #155

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobnot View Post
Lovely post and well summed up. Unfortunately i had to step away from the thread after the last attempt turned into what it did and i ended up having to delete death threats from my personal facebook account which i regret ever posting here over a year ago.
A very strange reaction i have no idea why some felt threatened by the idea or why a couple of them were so dim to feel threatened by it (one of them called george apparently)
Im done here this has finished it off for me.
Old 24-09-2015, 06:39 PM #156
Skinny Legend

Skinny Legend

*would just like to say George didn't post on bobnots Facebook if that's what he's implying*

The scars on my mind are on replay
Old 24-09-2015, 06:40 PM #157
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
*would just like to say George didn't post on bobnots Facebook if that's what he's implying*
well having been told do die on that same thread myself, i tend to believe Bob
Old 24-09-2015, 06:41 PM #158

Quote:
What the hell has gone off Bob - I must have missed something. Please don't leave the forum if that's what you mean.
Old 24-09-2015, 06:42 PM #159

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
When did all this happen?
Old 24-09-2015, 06:46 PM #160
Skinny Legend

Skinny Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
He was trolling the forum it wasn't as serious as to go out of his way to post on someone's Facebook wall, a wall which would have probably taken ages to find considering it wasn't posted someone that's viewed a lot on the site

Like idk where he posted it, I know George won't have

Old 24-09-2015, 06:48 PM #161
baddie

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Michele
CBB22: Natalie Nunn

baddie

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Michele
CBB22: Natalie Nunn

lmao @ the concept...

Old 24-09-2015, 07:27 PM #162
Ninastar

Favourites (more):

Ninastar

Favourites (more):

Quote:
What the actual ****??? Jesus, sorry to hear that. Have you thought about telling one of the mods? That's disgusting.
Old 24-09-2015, 08:21 PM #163
-

-

See, it's for reasons like this that I have never in 16 years of regular forum use, posted my real details or a picture of myself or anything like that other than in PM's to people I trust.

It's utterly ridiculous that someone has tracked down a Facebook page to post threats but I completely believe it... I've heard of worse happening (for example, people contacting people's friends and family members and saying things like that they are a thief, a rapist or a paedophile. Seriously.)

To be honest, if I was you I'd be contacting forum staff for IP deets.
Old 24-09-2015, 08:33 PM #164

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
See, it's for reasons like this that I have never in 16 years of regular forum use, posted my real details or a picture of myself or anything like that other than in PM's to people I trust.

It's utterly ridiculous that someone has tracked down a Facebook page to post threats but I completely believe it... I've heard of worse happening (for example, people contacting people's friends and family members and saying things like that they are a thief, a rapist or a paedophile. Seriously.)

To be honest, if I was you I'd be contacting forum staff for IP deets.
It is truly shocking and fecking terrible. Like you that is just why I am so careful with personal details.
Old 24-09-2015, 08:44 PM #165

Quote:
This is the first I've heard of this but I'm looking into it and I'm going to message you but I will say we can check if anyone has searched on here for your info

Last edited by Josy; 24-09-2015 at 08:49 PM. Reason: Mi
Old 24-09-2015, 08:50 PM #166

Bobnot, why would you specifically mention that you deleted the threats and why would you delete them at all if you could get something done about it?
Old 25-09-2015, 03:41 AM #167
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

..Bob, I'm so sorry....you said in a thread about your experiences but I hadn't realised exactly what you meant ..I understand how you must feel right now but I truly hope that you do keep posting and stay with us.. ..
Old 25-09-2015, 06:06 AM #168
Skinny Legend

Skinny Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica. View Post
Bobnot, why would you specifically mention that you deleted the threats and why would you delete them at all if you could get something done about it?
Exactly, why not tell admin straight away or even report it to Facebook? I'm sure I can take a pretty good guess but whatever it'll be interesting to see what Josy finds out

Old 25-09-2015, 06:22 AM #169
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

..seriously, someone whose Facebook account has been searched out and used to attack and to make threats against them is now somehow in the wrong because their instinct was to delete something so awful and upsetting...so 'victim blaming'../and I'm sure that we would all think that victim blaming was awful if it was a topic/a story involving people we don't even know and have empathy..and yet so often on the forum, no such empathy or understanding for people we interact with daily....who are part of this forum community...
Old 25-09-2015, 06:47 AM #170

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
..seriously, someone whose Facebook account has been searched out and used to attack and to make threats against them is now somehow in the wrong because their instinct was to delete something so awful and upsetting...so 'victim blaming'../and I'm sure that we would all think that victim blaming was awful if it was a topic/a story involving people we don't even know and have empathy..and yet so often on the forum, no such empathy or understanding for people we interact with daily....who are part of this forum community...
Another balanced and brilliant post Ammi.

I really feel for Bob and hope that he doesn't quit the forum because he is a valued member and it would be a great, great shame.
Old 25-09-2015, 06:54 AM #171
Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Don't worry Bob, I'm sure that Josy and the rest of the Admins will find something out.

KRO!
Old 25-09-2015, 06:59 AM #172
filthy mudblood

Favourites (more):
BB16: Amy & Sally
X Factor 2014: Only The Young

filthy mudblood

Favourites (more):
BB16: Amy & Sally
X Factor 2014: Only The Young

Not liking breeders and not wanting to hang out with them because they're straight, sure does exist.
Old 25-09-2015, 08:49 AM #173
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

Breeders

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Old 25-09-2015, 09:23 AM #174
self-oscillating

Favourites:

self-oscillating

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
i do wonder myself why people support and defend those who wish death on other forum members, but I shouldn't be surprised as I remember clearly the attitudes and the posters involved during the incident in question.
Old 25-09-2015, 09:51 AM #175
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyGoth View Post
Not liking breeders and not wanting to hang out with them because they're straight, sure does exist.
This is highly offensive to straight people who are unable to produce children. Check your privilege; Stop fertility shaming.
Closed Thread

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
exist, heterophobia