Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 02-10-2015, 08:41 AM #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by empire View Post
jeremy kyle has a face of a slimy tory back bench boy, and a smile of a new labour blue boy tony blair, makes me cringe every time he is on tv.
Totally agree. This is a man who makes a living from demonising uneducated and dysfunctional people in front of a baying audience.
He's the last man on this earth I could sympathise with.
Old 02-10-2015, 09:31 AM #52

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemolitionRed View Post
Totally agree. This is a man who makes a living from demonising uneducated and dysfunctional people in front of a baying audience.
He's the last man on this earth I could sympathise with.
I quite like JK,he wouldn't be able to make a living from what you say ' demonising uneducated and dysfunctional people if they didn't put themselves forward for it,most of these people are lazy good for nothing dossers and want 15 mins of fame,also I notice people quick to point out that HE has ruined lives, really? surely the people involved have done that,there have also been many shows where he has helped and made people happy with his help as for the lie detecter,nothing is 100% foolproof but I think you can tell when people are lying ,there is also body language,and they wouldn't be able to use it if it wasn't somewhat accurate as he often says the tests cant be done because of certain things,and best of all he calls out errant parents ,it's not about his looks (well shouldn't be)so,sorry don't get the hate for him at all.

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"

Last edited by Kazanne; 02-10-2015 at 09:31 AM.
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 09:42 AM #53
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazanne View Post
I quite like JK,he wouldn't be able to make a living from what you say ' demonising uneducated and dysfunctional people if they didn't put themselves forward for it,most of these people are lazy good for nothing dossers and want 15 mins of fame,also I notice people quick to point out that HE has ruined lives, really? surely the people involved have done that,there have also been many shows where he has helped and made people happy with his help as for the lie detecter,nothing is 100% foolproof but I think you can tell when people are lying ,there is also body language,and they wouldn't be able to use it if it wasn't somewhat accurate as he often says the tests cant be done because of certain things,and best of all he calls out errant parents ,it's not about his looks (well shouldn't be)so,sorry don't get the hate for him at all.
I am more with you although I don't really like this show and rarely get to watch it.

He has with his team helped many with addictions and as you say finding Fathers or siblings for people.

I do get annoyed at times with his hardline attitude which I think he spouts off unfairly a lot of the time too.
Then again I look at the people who go on the show, very few have any idea at all how to conduct themselves in public.

He probably does more good than bad to people and they do volunteer themselves to go on the show after all.
However there is good reason that lie detectors are not admissible as fact or accurate as evidence in law and that is simply the fact they are not reliable enough.

He places at times too much emphasis on the results of lie detectors and I would agree with those who say that a good number may well have had relationships and in part their lives ruined by wrong lie detector results.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 09:55 AM #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazanne View Post

I couldn't agree more Kaz. The fact that the greater majority of those who failed the lie detector go on to admit that it was correct after the show should tell the haters something.

As to the hate; perhaps if you analyse just WHO are doing the hating, it will explain everything.
kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 09:58 AM #55

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Poor old Jezza.How embarrasing.
Northern Monkey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 10:04 AM #56

[QUOTE=Kyle;8185040]This is definitely the opinion of someone who has never been cheated on...

...or a robot.[/QUOTE]

Brings to mind those famous words uttered by that most randy of Robot cheats in 'Short Circuit':

"Johnny number 5" (Randy twat - the most I've ever managed is a '2 break') and "Input Stephanie, input".
Old 02-10-2015, 10:07 AM #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Monkey View Post
Poor old Jezza.How embarrasing.
Yep. I heard that he actually went home early and surprised her with 5 men! and as the men fled through the back door, she said:

" I want to thank all my guests but I am for this morning out of time".
Old 02-10-2015, 10:47 AM #58

What disturbs me is, the sort of people they choose for the show; its is very deliberate form of exploitation. They don't pick people who are well groomed with pearly whites. They don't pick articulate speakers because this isn't what the JK show is about. Instead they pick what Kyle would call the dregs of society. They pick vulnerable people with complex personal problems. I've seen people on that show who lack the ability to string two coherent words together; people who clearly can't articulate themselves because they have learning difficulties and who only know anger as an emotional response.

They deliberately pick people who their audience see as chavs/untouchables because apparently its fair game to bear bait these undesirables. Its the very thing that have their audience laughing and shaking their heads in disbelief.

Of course these people go on the show. The Vicky Pollard's of this world aren't are far less likely to understand that a polygraph test would never stand up in a court of law as 'proof' of anything. There is a lot of coercion that goes on behind the scenes and according to many who have been on his show, a whole heap of false promises.

In my opinion, having a few good outcomes amongst this fodder isn't enough to make the Jeremy Kyle show good viewing.

Last edited by DemolitionRed; 02-10-2015 at 02:17 PM.
DemolitionRed is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
detected, jeremy, kyle, lie, wife