Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-10-2015, 01:29 PM #1
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

Default Perez Hilton sparks online backlash

Thoughts on this? I don't see anything wrong with it tbh :/

Perez Hilton sparks online backlash after posting picture in the shower with his son: Some brand it 'creepy' while others say there is 'nothing wrong' with parents bathing with their young children

Perez Hilton sparked an online backlash after sharing a snap of himself and his two-year-old son in the shower together.

The celebrity blogger, whose real name is Mario Lavanderia, posted the picture - where both he and Mario are grinning widely - on Instagram yesterday.

Alongside the snap, he wrote: ‘Our family motto is: #fun! We try and incorporate fun into as much of the everyday things we do! #Bathtime.’

And it didn’t take very long for others on social media to react strongly with comments suggesting the scenario is ‘kinda creepy’ and ‘odd’.

Angrier comments said ‘this is child abuse’, while another user wrote: ‘IS THIS A JOKE THEY’RE BOTH NAKED’.

Perez replied to one comment, saying: ‘I had my bathing suit on, and I didn’t feel the need to clarify that in the caption.’

However, fans and fellow parents defended Hilton, with one writing: ‘It’s not wrong at all. They are father and son.’

Another said: ‘Only creepy if you’re not a parent!’

One follower told Hilton: ‘No need to explain yourself. Shorts or not, nudity is nothing to be ashamed of and it’s how we teach our children about our bodies.’

Another added: ‘Parents often bathe with their young children. Now, if it continues when the child is beginning puberty, then that may be weird.’

Another said: 'Anyone who's a parent didn't see this as creepy because as adult parents we know the day-to-day life of raising children.'

Meanwhile Hilton told DailyMail.com: 'Everyone does what they see fit as a parent. Personally, I enjoy putting on my swim trunks and taking a shower with my son as often as possible.

'I'd rather do that than leave him unattended, which will not happen until he's older and I'm confident he can be safe alone.'

Mario, who was conceived using an egg donor and a surrogate mother, is Hilton's eldest child.

His daughter Mia was born in May this year, also via surrogate. Hilton remains single and is raising his children with the help of his mother and a nanny.

Soon after the birth of his daughter, he said he decided to become a father on his own because he ‘didn’t want to worry about a relationship of mine interfering with the happiness and well-being of my children'.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3nhSHsrHn
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
backlash, hilton, online, perez, sparks