Notices

The X Factor 2015 [S12] Series 12 of ITV's music reality show, The X Factor with judges Simon, Rita Ora, Cheryl and Nick Grimshaw ran from August to December 2015 and was won by Louisa Johnson.

Old 22-11-2015, 03:15 AM #1

Default Mason - an observation

In first two weeks it seemed like he wanted to be there, but recently and judging from his reaction to being voted off, he seemed relieved and happy even. Do you think he was not happy with what he was given? Or that he wasn't connecting? He never really tweeted much in terms of voting, nor did he ever say much after his performances. Like Simon said, he had this wall up, even though that isn't his personality.

More interesting and bizarre is that yesterday he tweeted, One more show?!
Roath is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-11-2015, 07:07 AM #2
Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Everyone, including him knew he was out (because he's **** and unlikable). He was saving his ego. It worked, presumably.
Old 22-11-2015, 07:53 AM #3
Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Mason was this years Jack Walton/Sam Callahan/Aiden Grimshaw type, he was seen as a good looking guy and he was never allowed to do anything too interesting in case it went down too well with the public.

Tbf Aiden did get Mad World so maybe I should've scrapped him off the list, but the other three had interesting sounds that was not once used at their respective live shows, I mean Jack Walton wasn't even given a sing-off for christ sake because they was scared that he would do a Sam Callahan and wipe the floor with Stereo Kicks and Lola in the sing-off that week.

Btw I don't want to keep coming across like I'm moaning about the show, but it's annoying that every year they put interesting acts at the lives, and every year they butcher every single one of them.

Tonight was so biased towards Louisa there was no point in the others showing up.

Out with extreme Politics on both sides of the divide.
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-11-2015, 08:35 AM #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withano View Post
Everyone, including him knew he was out (because he's **** and unlikable). He was saving his ego. It worked, presumably.
Exactly right. He is as fake as a 55p coin and a 'one trick pony' of only meagre talent.

His very first appearance - the no account obnoxious wannabe mega-rapper acting as if he already was one - was the REAL Mason Noise, what came afterwards was the 'restrained', 'modified' 'actor' who was reluctantly complying with what the show's big-wigs were telling him to do if he wanted to win popularity and improve his image and win. ( a bit like Jeremy Corbyn.)

Yeah - as the show progressed, it did look increasingly as if he was not enjoying himself, but that is down to the growing realisation that ALL the others could sing better than him and that he was NOT the legend and mega talent he perceived himself to be in his own mind.

There is nothing like the realisation that you just cannot hack it to make being kicked off a competition a blessed relief rather than a bitter dissapointment.

All that said, he WILL probably make it big - for his 'Warhol' 15 minutes anyway.

Make Some Noise - the prick has gone.

kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-11-2015, 09:32 AM #5

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith
Love Island 6: Sophie

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith
Love Island 6: Sophie

Mason was arrogant and never rated himself in the same league as the others. Remember his rant about not getting enough airtime at the 6 chair challenge? He is the FIRST person I have ever heard thank the people who DIDNT vote for him and denoting that they did him a favour because he can now go out there and MEET HIS FANS. Even without his little strop where he dropped the mic I could never warm to him.

I cant see him having much of a career if I am honest. I want Anton out tonight and pray he will be booted. The others left then are pretty decent
rionablue is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-11-2015, 09:33 AM #6
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

I don't find him unlikeable at all, and anyway the music world is full of arrogant and often unpleasant individuals, it doesn't stop them being really good singers and performers
No way either in my view was mason in any shape or form the worst on there last night.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
mason, observation