Notices

Big Brother Australia BBAus - Discuss Big Brother Australia here.

Old 07-01-2016, 10:54 PM #1
Zakaccino

Favourites (more):
CBB19: Kim Woodburn
CBB18: Saira Khan
Zakaccino

Favourites (more):
CBB19: Kim Woodburn
CBB18: Saira Khan
Default Big Brother Australia to return in 2016?

Quote:
When Big Brother didn’t return to our screens in 2015, there were some disappointed fans.

However, TV WEEK has learnt the long-running reality show could make a comeback sooner rather than later!

“I’ve heard whispers it could be happening again,” 2014 contestant Jason Roses, 28, reveals.

“The whispers aren’t necessarily coming from Nine Network, but one of the other channels!”

Jason says it’s not easy to shake off* the “reality show contestant” tag.

“I really want to be a presenter,” he explains.

“But sometimes being a reality contestant is frowned upon. So, I’m trying to break out of that.”

Since his eviction, the bubbly real estate agent and ambassador for health-food start-up Your Flavour has appeared on morning talk show Studio 10 several times.

Famous for coming out to his parents on national TV, Jason reveals he’s still with his long-term boyfriend, Dominic. The couple are building their first house together!

“It was really rough when I came out,” Jason recalls. “But now, my whole family has embraced us!

“I’m so glad it happened how it did.”

http://www.tvweeklogieawards.com.au/...pr=23766624683
I'll take this with a pinch of salt (given the source), but if this is true then it's fantastic news - especially if it goes back to Ten. Nine didn't really treat the show right in 2014 which ultimately lead to it being axed last year (the 2013 series was brilliant though).

Spoiler:

zakman440 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 01:44 PM #2
Namaste

Namaste

Even in a less-than-stellar year like 2014, BBAU still had BBUK beat hands down in terms of production (in regards to nominations, evictions etc). I really hope it returns at some point.
Lostie! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 11:53 AM #3
SuperV

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Amanda Barrie
CBB20: Trisha Paytas
SuperV

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Amanda Barrie
CBB20: Trisha Paytas

Well If Jason said it's coming back then its definitely coming back... yeah no.

The earliest it could be would be 2017 cause channel 9 has the rights till Feb this year so other channels can't start planning (if they wanted to) to broadcast in 2016.

Realistically it probably would come back in 2018 though.
SuperV is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 04:37 AM #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostie! View Post

Even in a less-than-stellar year like 2014, BBAU still had BBUK beat hands down in terms of production (in regards to nominations, evictions etc). I really hope it returns at some point.
If you thought the production value in 2014's evictions were amazing - take a look at BBAU's early years.

The 2004-2007 evictions were amazing and even watching them now feels like you're watching something amazing. The atmosphere was incredible - in part due to the size of the crowd and how they used them.
NotARylanFan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 07:53 PM #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARylanFan View Post
If you thought the production value in 2014's evictions were amazing - take a look at BBAU's early years.

The 2004-2007 evictions were amazing and even watching them now feels like you're watching something amazing. The atmosphere was incredible - in part due to the size of the crowd and how they used them.
Especially the finale and launches, you'd have Mike Goldman's voice of Australia announcing Gretel Killeen as she walks down the walkway clapping hands with people in the crowd each side of her with the strobe lights rotating and shining in all different directions, the epic synthesiser music, the crowd going wild and the camera flying through and above the whole crowd. It was just so utterly well done and a proper buzz.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Re5PlRD6NKI#t=3m10s

As much as I haven't seen every country's eviction style, I can't imagine anyone else's tops BBAU's scope and awe.

Last edited by _Seth; 10-01-2016 at 07:58 PM.
_Seth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 06:25 AM #6

Quote:

2004-2007 was by far the best era of the show. Back then they didn't put plastic annoying people on the show, for the most part.

Last edited by Turtle; 11-01-2016 at 06:25 AM.
Turtle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 05:42 AM #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
Especially the finale and launches, you'd have Mike Goldman's voice of Australia announcing Gretel Killeen as she walks down the walkway clapping hands with people in the crowd each side of her with the strobe lights rotating and shining in all different directions, the epic synthesiser music, the crowd going wild and the camera flying through and above the whole crowd. It was just so utterly well done and a proper buzz.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Re5PlRD6NKI#t=3m10s

As much as I haven't seen every country's eviction style, I can't imagine anyone else's tops BBAU's scope and awe.
The evicted housemates arrival was also treated exactly the same as Gretel's entrance.

https://youtu.be/lrEOAdHCoIQ?t=1926

Bloody amazing. This one shows just how MASSIVE the Australian crowd was every single week in that first sweeping shot from the timecode.

Then when Nine took over, things got really depressing. Check out the crap 2014-style AU eviction. https://youtu.be/xp-U0QlTo8I?t=2796

Last edited by NotARylanFan; 12-01-2016 at 05:50 AM.
NotARylanFan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 02:23 PM #8

Quote:
The evicted housemates arrival was also treated exactly the same as Gretel's entrance.

https://youtu.be/lrEOAdHCoIQ?t=1926

Bloody amazing. This one shows just how MASSIVE the Australian crowd was every single week in that first sweeping shot from the timecode.

Then when Nine took over, things got really depressing. Check out the crap 2014-style AU eviction. https://youtu.be/xp-U0QlTo8I?t=2796
Ugh it's just so much lower key. =/ It was so awkward how housemates would have to walk down it hunched down to clap hands with the crowd.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
2016, australia, big brother, return