Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 09-02-2016, 06:37 AM #1

Default tesco security - robin in your hood - strong advice to criminals and to tesco

tesco security - robin in your hood - strong advice to criminals and to tesco 09.02.16

i am no lover

never would i shake hand

but they instigated with the smother

by getting in on every street on the land.

but the downfall is mixing

all due to there own popularity

can you remember the criminal price fixing

but this is no excuse to see them as a charity.

tesco does not have security

only in its gigantic stores

so to shop lifters this is a great community

they see no flaws.

you walk in and fill your holder

10 items is done not even on the sly

yes you can be blatant and even bolder

its so easy even for the shy.

the tills are on the other side

how on earth are you going to score

this invitation is so wide

because you exit on the same entry door.

with no security its easy

for shop lifting its time to go

get me a nice wine and something cheesy

also free is my advice to tesco.

( seen as tesco have no security in most of there stores, do you feel hurt you are paying them with your loyalty for people like i saw yesterday in hampstead village to walk in fill up and walk out ? ok the staff did spot him and in the scuffle he did not get away with anything apart from his freedom. but should it be up to the shop floor staff to spot shop lifters and to prevent them or is tesco taking them for a ride ? have you ever seen shop lifting ? do you agree with it ? should tesco make sure they have a security guard in every store ? will this change the way you shop ? will robin in the hood increase now i have highlighted this ? )
waterhog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 10:55 AM #2
-

-

Security guards, bouncers, etc. all need to have licenses to do what they do... It's not just a matter of whether it's safe for untrained staff to tackle shoplifters: its not legal for them to do anything about it. If they touch anyone they're risking an assault charge, if they try to restrain / detain someone then it's false imprisonment.

So what can they do? Run after shoplifters and shout at them to give the stuff back?
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 05:34 PM #3

Shoplifting is not for everyone
It takes a certain knack.
I know because I tried it once
And it nearly broke my back.

I took hold of the corner shop
Thinking it would be a cinch,
But heave as I may, I'm sad to say,
I couldn't lift that shop an inch.

Only kidding Hog
I know just what you mean,
'Cos I've seen shoplifters at it
In most shops where I've been.

It's just such a pity
That the shop security cannot see
These thieving twats nicking things
'Cos they're too busy watching ME.

kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 06:30 PM #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
Security guards, bouncers, etc. all need to have licenses to do what they do... It's not just a matter of whether it's safe for untrained staff to tackle shoplifters: its not legal for them to do anything about it. If they touch anyone they're risking an assault charge, if they try to restrain / detain someone then it's false imprisonment.

So what can they do? Run after shoplifters and shout at them to give the stuff back?
All adult citizens have the right to make a citizens arrest. There are obvious guidelines of who they can arrest and the correct procedure of making an arrest. They can also use reasonable force in some circumstances (stealing property is one of them) if a person tries to fight them off or run away. In a court of law its seen as 'reasonable and proportionate force'.

http://findlaw.co.uk/law/government/...ns-arrest.html
Old 09-02-2016, 06:40 PM #5
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:

Yep that's what the SIA is for, rarely now if ever will you find a security guard chasing suspected shoplifters down the street it's just not worth the hassle.
Physical intervention is only used when your own safety is threatened.
(I'm retraining in PI tomorrow 'll let you know how it goes)
Old 09-02-2016, 08:24 PM #6
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemolitionRed View Post
All adult citizens have the right to make a citizens arrest. There are obvious guidelines of who they can arrest and the correct procedure of making an arrest. They can also use reasonable force in some circumstances (stealing property is one of them) if a person tries to fight them off or run away. In a court of law its seen as 'reasonable and proportionate force'.

http://findlaw.co.uk/law/government/...ns-arrest.html
It's never worth it. You accidentally strain or break someone's arm or pop their shoulder trying to restrain them, and you're ****ed. Not to mention the risk that the type of people who are likely to be shoplifting may very well also be carrying a knife. Either way... you ask minimum wage, untrained retail staff to tackle criminals and someone is going to end up getting hurt. TBH more likely the poor staff member.
Old 09-02-2016, 09:10 PM #7

Quote:
It's never worth it. You accidentally strain or break someone's arm or pop their shoulder trying to restrain them, and you're ****ed. Not to mention the risk that the type of people who are likely to be shoplifting may very well also be carrying a knife. Either way... you ask minimum wage, untrained retail staff to tackle criminals and someone is going to end up getting hurt. TBH more likely the poor staff member.
I agree that in most cases its not worth it but if it hadn't been for a big burly African woman jumping on my sisters attacker and holding him down until the police arrived, my sister wouldn't be alive now. She'd actually got the knife off him and was quite badly injured in the process and she was initially arrested because during the tussle she'd stabbed him in the leg but the judge had nothing but praise for her and she ended up getting a hero award.

I think there are occasions when people don't think and jump straight in but like you say, for a lowly paid shop assistant its not worth the hassle.
Old 09-02-2016, 09:27 PM #8
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
No she's right if it's reasonable and necessary it's fine. There is no such thing as untrained, no training no badge.
Old 09-02-2016, 10:08 PM #9
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemolitionRed View Post
I agree that in most cases its not worth it but if it hadn't been for a big burly African woman jumping on my sisters attacker and holding him down until the police arrived, my sister wouldn't be alive now. She'd actually got the knife off him and was quite badly injured in the process and she was initially arrested because during the tussle she'd stabbed him in the leg but the judge had nothing but praise for her and she ended up getting a hero award.

I think there are occasions when people don't think and jump straight in but like you say, for a lowly paid shop assistant its not worth the hassle.
I'm not saying people shouldn't try to help if they see someone being attacked, that's definitely different, anyone who feels ready, able and willing to do so should help protect another person from physical harm...

...but that's a very different to a 20 year old checkout girl on £7 an hour being expected to chase down a junkie for a pocketful of stolen lipstick. They should have trained security guards to stop shoplifters - or accept that no one is going to do it.
Old 09-02-2016, 10:45 PM #10
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
I'm not saying people shouldn't try to help if they see someone being attacked, that's definitely different, anyone who feels ready, able and willing to do so should help protect another person from physical harm...

...but that's a very different to a 20 year old checkout girl on £7 an hour being expected to chase down a junkie for a pocketful of stolen lipstick. They should have trained security guards to stop shoplifters - or accept that no one is going to do it.
Agreed, if they see something and can alert a manager without being seen by the shoplifter fine, if not no way.

Last edited by Kizzy; 09-02-2016 at 10:46 PM.
Kizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
advice, criminals, hood, robin, security, strong, tesco