Notices

Football Discuss football in general, including The World Cup, Premier League and Champions League.

Old 06-04-2016, 04:01 AM #1
Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Favourites (more):

Default Should Gary Rowett leave Birmingham City?

I know this is a team that most people on here probably don't care about, but his apparently put his contract renewal on hold which has really upset some of the Blues fans.

So I was wondering from more neutral perspectives do you think he should leave Birmingham City? Speaking as a supporter I don't want him to leave as I worry what might happen to us if he left, before he joined us we was sitting 23rd in the Championship, and the season before that we barely avoided relegation to League 1 which not to sound big headed League 1 teams supporters but we're too big to drop down there and can't really afford to do it, and it will be a possibility if Rowett goes imo.

But from his perspective I can understand if he wants to leave as his limited in what he can do with us tbf as we're ****ed financially, and we have to sell our best players all of the time, the most recent one being Demarai Gray, it's got to be frustrating as he can't really increase our squad which is making our starting 11 tired.

An interesting statistic is that we haven't won our last 5 Games, losing 3 of them, and drawing 2.

What do you guys think? Are the Blues fans being harsh on Rowett? And if you was in Rowett's shoes would you stay at the club or leave?

KRO!

Last edited by Mystic Mock; 06-04-2016 at 04:03 AM.
Mystic Mock is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 12:06 PM #2

Solid manager but he looks impatient and very ambitious. Birmingham should stabilise as a middle table championship club and bring in a new manager who has championship experience maybe have 2 managers (1 foreign who doesn't have championship experience). It looks like Rowett might have thrown his hat into next manager of AV ring....Maybe it's the PED allegations aimed at his players. As a manager there is nothing worse than managing a big club (is well supported) but with no funds. You just have an army of angry irritated fans berating you constantly.

The problem is you can only have 1 West Midlands club on top and now it's the turn of WBA.

It always shocks me how Birmingham allowed themselves to get into this state. Bet the Brummies wish Gold and Sullivan were still there with Karen Brady nagging in the background .

Top players who have underperformed should be sold as funds can be used to rebuild the team, younger players. Losing Demari Gray was a massive blow (he could be Leicester's Delli Alli next season) but investment in youth and a fresh management structure is way to go.

Last edited by alex_front2; 09-04-2016 at 10:18 AM.
alex_front2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 07:36 AM #3

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

You make some interesting points AlexFront2

On the Gold and Sullivan front, I honestly believe they would've been treated better if they had've treated Steve Bruce with more respect and told him that he just couldn't take us any further, instead they went for the whole ignore him until he agrees to quit stance which then has caused a chain reaction as we lost Steve Bruce, they became unpopular for it, we then lost Gold and Sullivan due to their negative response by the fans in the end, and then obviously we've ended up being where we are now.

And I like West Brom, but they yoyo between the Premiership and the Championship, so if they're the top West Midlands side at the minute then it shows you how unstable it is in the West Midlands at the minute when it comes to the Football.

KRO!
Old 09-04-2016, 10:28 AM #4

But I actually think West Bromwich are establishing themselves as a PL main stay like Stoke and Soton. If it wasn't for the crazy heroics of Leicester this season then WBA would the top Midlands club East or West. Basically it spells bad news for Birmingham, as the West Midlands youth will head to the Hawthorns. And having good kids will be important for Birmingham as they don't have the money to just go out and buy the best players. Birmingham therefore really need to invest in better coaching to get the best out of what it already has or will have, hence why I feel a joint management team could be a good idea if Rowett b#ggers off.

Pulis isn't the type to be vulnerable to relegation. He's the king of grinding out results against top opposition by playing ugly, frustrating the opposition to near insanity and just defending deep and aggressively. Pulis won't go, especially as he has the £3m fee to pay back to Crystal Palace. As long as he keeps WBA in PL then that's the clubs ambitions fullifiled. They will never try and do a Leicester.

Last edited by alex_front2; 09-04-2016 at 10:31 AM.
Old 09-04-2016, 03:21 PM #5

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Come on you blue boys!

KRO!

Last edited by Mystic Mock; 09-04-2016 at 03:21 PM.
Old 09-04-2016, 03:25 PM #6

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_front2 View Post
But I actually think West Bromwich are establishing themselves as a PL main stay like Stoke and Soton. If it wasn't for the crazy heroics of Leicester this season then WBA would the top Midlands club East or West. Basically it spells bad news for Birmingham, as the West Midlands youth will head to the Hawthorns. And having good kids will be important for Birmingham as they don't have the money to just go out and buy the best players. Birmingham therefore really need to invest in better coaching to get the best out of what it already has or will have, hence why I feel a joint management team could be a good idea if Rowett b#ggers off.

Pulis isn't the type to be vulnerable to relegation. He's the king of grinding out results against top opposition by playing ugly, frustrating the opposition to near insanity and just defending deep and aggressively. Pulis won't go, especially as he has the £3m fee to pay back to Crystal Palace. As long as he keeps WBA in PL then that's the clubs ambitions fullifiled. They will never try and do a Leicester.
Pulis is a decent Manager tbf, it's just that once we get a decent board come in (which will happen) then we'll overtake them again as we have a much bigger history than them by making multiple FA Cup finals, won multiple 2nd Division/Championships, and of course won a Carling Cup/now Capital One Cup only a few years ago.

Birmingham and Villa will always be the biggest West Midlands sides as we're just the bigger draw, even under this blip that both teams are having at the minute.

I'm happy for WBA that they're having a spell as the top West Midlands club though, and if they can do a Leicester then well done to them as I like WBA.

KRO!
Old 09-04-2016, 04:08 PM #7

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Yesssssssss!

We May not be going up this season, but let's try and end it in style.

KRO!
Old 09-04-2016, 04:20 PM #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Mock View Post
Pulis is a decent Manager tbf, it's just that once we get a decent board come in (which will happen) then we'll overtake them again as we have a much bigger history than them by making multiple FA Cup finals, won multiple 2nd Division/Championships, and of course won a Carling Cup/now Capital One Cup only a few years ago.

Birmingham and Villa will always be the biggest West Midlands sides as we'd just the bigger draw, even under this blip that both teams are having at the minute.

I'm happy for WBA that they're having a spell as the top West Midlands club though, and if they can do a Leicester then well done to them as I like WBA.
As I have said before, history is no longer important. Villa are full of history. If you want history look no further than Notts Co.

WBA are so solid financially, on the pitch. For every year WBA stay in EPL that's at least £100M a year they earn more than Birmingham and now Villa. WBA also have a decent youth side, too so they can strengthen the squad at no big cost. They could have sold Beharino to Spurs in the summer but we're so financially comfortable they told The Poch/Levy to "do one".

It will become very difficult for promoted sides to compete in about 3 years time, by then the likes of Bournemouth (if they stay up) will have a £300m warchest

Last edited by alex_front2; 09-04-2016 at 04:25 PM.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
birmingham, city, gary, leave, rowett