Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB17 Discuss the series (won by Jason Burrill, runner-up Hughie) and all the housemates in this forum.

Old 12-07-2016, 11:32 PM #76

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2019: Karim Zeroual
BB18: Isabelle

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticgal View Post
So had Jason been 'strong enough' and on the 6th occassion told her to just " **** off and leave me alone...I don't want you in my life anymore"....you think that would make him a stronger person and in control???
Jason, by keeping it together and keeping his dignity and behaving like a gent he took complete control and showed an amazing strength of character.
We all clearly saw what a bunny boiler Charlie was...we could all see how her presence suppressed Jason...you must be blind if you didn't see it. He s right to blame Charlie for his change of behaviour....we saw it..and he knows it and he admits it. What's wrong with that?
People can 'see' the same thing but perceptions can be different- to suggest that others 'must be blind' if they don't perceive things in the same way as you do is unfair. It implies that only your opinion can be right, which is not the case, and it is also belittling of other forum members as it implies there is something wrong with them if their view differs from yours.

Too much needless insulting of others from too many people on here just because they have a less positive view of Jason, which is ironic when the forum is designed to allow people to discuss different views! Wouldn't be much of a discussion if everyone mindlessly agreed with one point of view!
Garfie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 11:36 PM #77
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Jess Impiazzi
Strictly 2017: Davood Ghadami

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Jess Impiazzi
Strictly 2017: Davood Ghadami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maru View Post
This is so ironic to me because they're both game players, but the game they were playing was isolated from the whole rest of the house ceased while they were co-existing. Both had to control the narrative of each other's relationship. The knew each others weaknesses and were pushing buttons to get the other's "true colors" to show. It was 100% mutual ... and of course he would've made enemies. He himself said he is supposed to be "bigger" one which means he also needed to have been the mature one and ended that quickly.

The hilarious part though is she gets voted out and Jason suddenly realizes he had other relationships he neglected and blames her? Really? That's not Charlie's fault, he made a choice to continue the silly codependency with her than to enjoy his experience. So yes, he can blame the tension he felt on her, but if he had seen it for what it was, he could've given himself permission to exit that situation quite easily.

Sadly, not sure he will be able to recover from this with the public. And he will be still be moaning about her once he gets out. Pathetic. What a waste of an experience

Quote:
If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you. - Don Marquis
GiRTh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 11:39 PM #78
Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew. View Post
I should probably do this..

I can understand people finding Jason boring but i fail to see how he deserves all the hate and abuse he gets. It's a shame really, he's a decent guy
He does play the self-righteous game too much for my liking.

He might be a decent guy, but **** like "I've laid my life on the line for you guys" is just really corny and not to mention desperate.
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 11:44 PM #79

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
This is so ironic to me because they're both game players, but the game they were playing was isolated from the whole rest of the house ceased while they were co-existing. Both had to control the narrative of each other's relationship. The knew each others weaknesses and were pushing buttons to get the other's "true colors" to show. It was 100% mutual ... and of course he would've made enemies. He himself said he is supposed to be "bigger" one which means he also needed to have been the mature one and ended that quickly.

The hilarious part though is she gets voted out and Jason suddenly realizes he had other relationships he neglected and blames her? Really? That's not Charlie's fault, he made a choice to continue the silly codependency with her than to enjoy his experience. So yes, he can blame the tension he felt on her, but if he had seen it for what it was, he could've given himself permission to exit that situation quite easily.

Sadly, not sure he will be able to recover from this with the public. And he will be still be moaning about her once he gets out. Pathetic. What a waste of an experience
At last! Thank you, Maru! Someone who has been able to stand outside and present a more balanced and reasoned view of the situation, rather than just mindless support or criticism. Relationships and people are much more complex than the black or white interpretations presented here by some.
Old 12-07-2016, 11:44 PM #80

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy Jade View Post
Yes my sexuality is indicated by who I like or dislike in reality TV. You're very perceptive
I know that you're being sarcastic, but I would love someone to do some sort of research on people's tastes on TV Shows being linked with their sexuality or not?
Old 12-07-2016, 11:49 PM #81

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Mock View Post
He does play the self-righteous game too much for my liking.

He might be a decent guy, but **** like "I've laid my life on the line for you guys" is just really corny and not to mention desperate.
Agreed! And this is his biggest problem, not Charlie! (And, before anyone dismisses my view by implying any differently, I don't fancy Charlie and was not a massive Charlie fan.)
Old 12-07-2016, 11:51 PM #82

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith
Love Island 6: Sophie

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith
Love Island 6: Sophie

Ok the way I see it is that he had a great relationship with the girls before Charlie went in and tried to continue it but she was jealous. Evelyn is 20 years old, yes an adult but still not as wordly wise as a lot of the housemates. She and Jason were close she even got into trouble with Charlie for stating that she didn't want Jason hurt if Charlie was going to be fake or something along those lines.
Suddenly Evelyn has felt that Jason has completely distanced himself from her, he hardly even talks to her and their most major conversation in the past week was when he got completely STUCK in her over the rule break even after she apologising and saying she didn't realise it was breaking the rules. He kept on and on at her.

Evelyn has seen two sides to Jason but the bigger side she has seen is this distancing from her he did. I think Jason should have been man enough to explain to her and Laura that he was going to stay away from them as Charlie was giving him grief instead of lea ving them both feeling that he was a game player. I am not SURE if what he told Evelyn tonight is strictly true. But if it is HE should have explained it to them. When he EVENTUALLY did Evelyn rushed to hug him as she must have been wondering what she did or said that made him distance himself. Lauras hug was very half hearted
rionablue is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 11:54 PM #83

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfie View Post
Agreed! And this is his biggest problem, not Charlie! (And, before anyone dismisses my view by implying any differently, I don't fancy Charlie and was not a massive Charlie fan.)
I don't fancy Charlie either.

I thought that she had more of a gay guy fan base tbh if we're judging on a generalisation.
Old 12-07-2016, 11:59 PM #84
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):

Quote:
At last! Thank you, Maru! sSomeone who has been able to tand outside and present a more balanced and reasoned view of the situation, rather than just mindless support or criticism. Relationships and people are much more complex than the black or white interpretations presented here by some.
Ugh, I've just been compared to Alex

Last edited by Maru; 12-07-2016 at 11:59 PM.
Maru is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-07-2016, 03:04 AM #85
how i'm feeling now

Favourites (more):
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard
CBB 13: Luisa Zissman

how i'm feeling now

Favourites (more):
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard
CBB 13: Luisa Zissman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam. View Post
Charlie is a bunny boiler who will thankfully never be loved again

What an awful thing to say
Old 13-07-2016, 04:02 AM #86
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:

..great post, Maru.....I think yeah, that he used the whole Charlie thing to be seen as the 'victim' and now realises that rather than it being a positive and an 'advantage' to him, it's more been a negative...I still think that the whole thing doesn't quite sit right...he became angry that he and Charlie had been nominated because of their relationship and the effect on the house, rather than on their own merit and personality...and yet, now he's saying that them being in the house together has basically stifled him for 3 weeks...so which is it..?..if it had such a profound effect on his personality when she was in, why be so amazed that it would be a reason for nomination..?...also, it seems odd to me that Laura and Evelyn seemed so surprised when he said it..that they had lived that 'control' that Charlie apparently had over him for a large part of his time in there../that all of the housemates had..so how are they surprised at him giving that control as a reason now...they've lived it/they've breathed it also for 3 weeks../you couldn't not notice what he's describing in that confined environment...all very strange...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-07-2016, 04:03 AM #87
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
.....well at least you'll have a great modelling career, me dear.../a little consolation for being so forgettable.....
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-07-2016, 07:29 AM #88

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
That wasn't my intention, Maru!! It was meant as a compliment as I was impressed by the points you made, and the thought you had put into them.

I'm hoping you're an Alex fan, now that you've said that!!

Last edited by Garfie; 13-07-2016 at 07:29 AM.
Old 13-07-2016, 08:04 AM #89

So many people have said for weeks that Jason was holding back because of Charlie and now he has confirmed that, so many people,maybe even the same people, are saying that it's not true.
hot2go is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-07-2016, 08:30 AM #90

Jason done well last night - I even included that in my poem I done today. but he has to now come out fighting and keep it up.
waterhog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-07-2016, 04:29 PM #91
sees everything

Favourites:
CBB18: Ricky Norwood
sees everything

Favourites:
CBB18: Ricky Norwood

Quote:
Jason obviously had a good relationship with the girls before Charlie went in the house. The girls saw him as a father figure.
His whole personae changed when Charlie walked in...he became withdrawn and couldn't mess around with the girls because Charlie watched his every move....and the shirt incident proved that.
Now the bunny boilers gone he is back to his old self...but despite explaining to Evelyn and Emma they are so thick...they didn't get it.
i don't know if it's because they're shallow as puddles with the ability to think beyond themselves comparable to a dust mote, or they're playing uber thick just to have the excuse for their reason to target him. i'm hoping for the second but expect the first.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
Exactly, he changed but why and are we seriously blaming her for that change? I say again, he's a grown adult and I didnt see her do anything that he couldnt stop or control. If the girls dont like him then he needs to stop blaming the easy target

No she didnt watch his every move.
dear lord, she was like a flaming hawk!

he did what most decent people would do in that situation - not make a huge fuss, not cause dramas, but quietly step back in order to cause as little upset to the house AND charlie whilst trying to prevent his own head from exploding because he knows what's she's capable of. it's testimony to his strength of character that he didn't shout and scream in her face when she just wouldn't leave him alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazanne View Post
he was a bloke aswell wasn't he

Quote:
He was rarely out of her sight. Do you not understand how a person with a controlling and obsessive dis order like Charlie can intimidate and suppress someone.
I know people that act completely different when their partners are around...it's sad to watch. Charlie was obsessed with Jason...she couldn't take no for an answer...she still believes she and he are in with a chance.
Look how she carried on after Jason gave Evelyn the shirt... You say there was nothing he couldn't stop or control?....did you not see him tell her many times that they were no longer a couple....every time she said "so long as I know where I stand"....and the very next day she was off again.
You can see in Jason's body language how chilled and relaxed he is since Charlie left....perhaps if Laura and Evelyn paid more attention to their friends situation instead of throwing themselves around anyone that's 'fit' and breathes they might have understood why he was the way he was.
you're asking a lot there

Quote:
So had Jason been 'strong enough' and on the 6th occassion told her to just " **** off and leave me alone...I don't want you in my life anymore"....you think that would make him a stronger person and in control???
Jason, by keeping it together and keeping his dignity and behaving like a gent he took complete control and showed an amazing strength of character.
We all clearly saw what a bunny boiler Charlie was.Jason, by keeping it together and keeping his dignity and behaving like a gent he took complete control and showed an amazing strength of character.
We all clearly saw what a bunny boiler Charlie was...we could all see how her presence suppressed Jason...you must be blind if you didn't see it. He s right to blame Charlie for his change of behaviour....we saw it..and he knows it and he admits it...we could all see how her presence suppressed Jason...you must be blind if you didn't see it. He s right to blame Charlie for his change of behaviour....we saw it..and he knows it and he admits it.
What's wrong with that?
Jan S is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-07-2016, 05:54 PM #92
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
..great post, Maru.....I think yeah, that he used the whole Charlie thing to be seen as the 'victim' and now realises that rather than it being a positive and an 'advantage' to him, it's more been a negative...I still think that the whole thing doesn't quite sit right...he became angry that he and Charlie had been nominated because of their relationship and the effect on the house, rather than on their own merit and personality...and yet, now he's saying that them being in the house together has basically stifled him for 3 weeks...so which is it..?..if it had such a profound effect on his personality when she was in, why be so amazed that it would be a reason for nomination..?.in that confined environment...all very strange.....also, it seems odd to me that Laura and Evelyn seemed so surprised when he said it..that they had lived that 'control' that Charlie apparently had over him for a large part of his time in there../that all of the housemates had..so how are they surprised at him giving that control as a reason now...they've lived it/they've breathed it also for 3 weeks../you couldn't not notice what he's describing
I agree 100%. Laura and Evelyn had their reasons I'm sure but as a viewer I'm also curious why they had never approached him about it. That to me is weird as they seemed somewhat close to him prior to her entering the house.

Co-dependencies usually don't make much sense to those outside of them and it feels awkward to be around people who are like that. Other relationships usually suffer at it's expense and a lot more time and energy is devoted to "caring" or "protecting" the needy one. There are emotional rewards, usually relating to self-esteem, for both parties staying in the relationship even it is toxic and is isolating them and controlling their behavior around other loved ones.

By time the relationship ends, there is a lot resentment and both parties claiming to be the victim. Yet they still feel somewhat "tied down" by the other person because they haven't yet acknowledged their (dysfunctional) role in it and relinquished it.

Even though the relationship has ended, the original roles still continue and are reinforced until someone breaks the cycle to accept responsibility for their part in it and can not only leave it physically but emotionally. If they do the walking part without having that self-realization, they will just resume where they started when they come back into contact. It's like they'd never been apart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
.....well at least you'll have a great modelling career, me dear.../a little consolation for being so forgettable.....
Oh well then that explains Alex's gameplay then... don't speak because he doesn't have the voice to match the body ... unless it's for a Unisom commercial... then he's perfect!

Quote:
That wasn't my intention, Maru!! It was meant as a compliment as I was impressed by the points you made, and the thought you had put into them.

I'm hoping you're an Alex fan, now that you've said that!!
Was just joking. Don't kill me

I just don't see how Jason's positive traits have to come at the expense of Charlie's and vice versa. She's been evicted almost a week now and she isn't even present in the house to defend herself. Easy to guess that won't look good to a lot of people, especially people who were voting to keep her in.

Last edited by Maru; 13-07-2016 at 05:58 PM.
Maru is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-07-2016, 06:19 PM #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRyan View Post
What an awful thing to say
I agree...she needs to love herself first but she deserves to find happiness just like everyone. She was a nightmare but I doubt that it's either herself or Jason that's made her that way.
hot2go is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
blaming, charlie, impact, jason, lack