Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB17 Discuss the series (won by Jason Burrill, runner-up Hughie) and all the housemates in this forum.

Old 24-07-2016, 09:20 PM #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan S View Post
BB is doing what BB does: messes with everyone's heads
I think hughie,Jackson ,Jayne & Sam got off very lightly tonight,it seemed like bb went all out for Jason & then went for Evelyn
dyfed is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-07-2016, 09:21 PM #27
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyfed View Post
I think hughie,Jackson ,Jayne & Sam got off very lightly tonight,it seemed like bb went all out for Jason & then went for Evelyn
They must have seen the polls and the bookies and freaked out! Wait what : Jason can win! Nooooooooooooooooooo!
Old 24-07-2016, 09:23 PM #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa View Post
But the producers don't see it like that. They think he will lose popularity.
Nonsense. The producers know full well, having been producing the show for years, that in a vote to win, what boosts your chances is people watching being sympathetic to you. That's how Helen managed to win the final week when Ashleigh was a near certainty to win.

Quote:
In fact this is gaining him popularity, because everyone can see they're singling him out to make him crack.
Yes, exactly my point. Jason's chances have been increased because of all this. But rather than acknowledge that the producers have helped his chances by "picking" on him, you prefer to believe the producers (who probably know him and recruited him on to the show) are working against him because he's a threat to their favourites and it's had the opposite result. You're naive if you think that. The producers know full well his chances are helped by all this.
Yaki da is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-07-2016, 09:25 PM #29

Quote:
They must have seen the polls and the bookies and freaked out! Wait what : Jason can win! Nooooooooooooooooooo!
They know exactly how the vote is going and this drama helps rather than hinders Jason's chances of finishing in the top 2. Stop trying to make him out to be the anti-producer choice. They, the producers, are HELPING him win votes and there's no way they don't know that that will be the result of all this.
Yaki da is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-07-2016, 09:27 PM #30
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BBUSA19: Cody
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BBUSA19: Cody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
I still think that at the moment, Aaron had a worse time of it overall..but this included the ridiculous editing (that at times spliced together his convos and totally took everything out of context) and being labelled a woman beater on BOTS and such.

For sheer amount of **** thrown at them INSIDE the house though...not taking into account everything else, I don't recall anyone else who has had it as tough as Jason.

I said in another thread its kinda like the producers are standing back constantly prodding him with a large stick in the hope he will eventually snap...
when I went back and rewatched BB12 last summer (god knows why I did that, but that's besides the point), I made a point to watch BOTS to see if Aaron really was mistreated like myth says and I didn't really see anything outrageous at all lmfao. They bent over backwards to justify the Maisy kiss because Faye should have done something if she actually liked Aaron (even though she already took him on a date and pretty much told him that she likes him), and the studio audience that supposedly had it out for Aaron every single day erupted into cheers and applause when they phoned his brother and he trashed Jem and said she's to blame for everything. The entire final week of BOTS was pretty much people saying that they don't even want to express any thoughts on Aaron that could be perceived as negative because it's just easier to not say anything than deal with the backlash from his fans.

I don't know, maybe some substance is lost when you rewatch a series but I found nothing unfair about how Aaron was treated.
Old 24-07-2016, 09:31 PM #31
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan S View Post
you know what it reminds me of? a shackled big old bear being jabbed with electric cattle prods to make it dance for the crowd's entertainment ... and always in the background there's that obscene frisson of fear that the bear might break his bonds and run amock
Good analogy tbh. I think Jason himself sees this too which is why tonight he was blocking the cameras, and previously when its all got too much he has refused to stand in view of the cameras.

I don't understand why they would want to do this though? Punishment for evicting the favourite to win maybe? It can't be that though as if they were that bothered they would have made up a twist to bring her back. His refusal to play along with their matchmaking with him and Charlie maybe? Just for the fun of it?

Hell I like the guy but I don't support him as such and don't think he would be the best winner (he is my 4th, behind Andy, jayne, Hughie) but I can see they are just taking the piss out of him and can't imagine how he actually feels, or his fans tbh
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-07-2016, 09:32 PM #32
Victim Noises

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 6: Kaela
CBB20: Chad Johnson

Victim Noises

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 6: Kaela
CBB20: Chad Johnson

I think the task would've helped him actually. He gets sympathy votes from people who feel he is 'bullied' or 'picked on'

Spoiler:

EspeonBB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-07-2016, 09:33 PM #33
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macie Lightfoot View Post
when I went back and rewatched BB12 last summer (god knows why I did that, but that's besides the point), I made a point to watch BOTS to see if Aaron really was mistreated like myth says and I didn't really see anything outrageous at all lmfao. They bent over backwards to justify the Maisy kiss because Faye should have done something if she actually liked Aaron (even though she already took him on a date and pretty much told him that she likes him), and the studio audience that supposedly had it out for Aaron every single day erupted into cheers and applause when they phoned his brother and he trashed Jem and said she's to blame for everything. The entire final week of BOTS was pretty much people saying that they don't even want to express any thoughts on Aaron that could be perceived as negative because it's just easier to not say anything than deal with the backlash from his fans.

I don't know, maybe some substance is lost when you rewatch a series but I found nothing unfair about how Aaron was treated.
From memory, the BOTs treatment was ridiculous. The only thing that stands out to me now though as it was a while ago was that Nicola Mclean woman going on about how he was an abusive spouse..and being encouraged to carry on...there was more than that as I remember actually stopping watching BOTs due to the bias. It didn't start immediately, it was in the last 4/5 weeks IIRC..or when it became clear he was massively popular among viewers.
Quote:
Quote:
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Old 24-07-2016, 09:43 PM #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaker View Post
uh everyone else has gotten it just as bad it's just that Jason is immature and aggressive and threatens to walk after every single task and then doesn't for some odd reason
BOLLOX
hot2go is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-07-2016, 09:48 PM #35

Quote:
It's like they want something bad to happen to him. Very disturbing episode tonight.
BB seriously hitting the barrel with that task.....lets pretend your going to court....that is not something to joke about....they'll be pretending there's a mad man behind the mirrors next....or telling them about the atrocities in France and Germany just so the viewers can watch them feeling scared. Hope channel five get seriously bollocked for this.
Old 24-07-2016, 09:52 PM #36

If BB cause a man as principled and respected to break down on national tele there will be a massive reaction from the public....the grown ups in this country do not want to see a good guy broken for some kind if blood sport....channel five should be ashamed of what they're doing for wherever bizarre reason they seem to have
Old 24-07-2016, 09:56 PM #37
sees everything

Favourites:
CBB18: Ricky Norwood
sees everything

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaki da View Post
They know exactly how the vote is going and this drama helps rather than hinders Jason's chances of finishing in the top 2. Stop trying to make him out to be the anti-producer choice. They, the producers, are HELPING him win votes and there's no way they don't know that that will be the result of all this.
and i'm quite sure jason would prefer a chance to win (or be evicted) on his own merits than have his head *******ed with in this manner. he'd say thanks but no thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
Good analogy tbh. I think Jason himself sees this too which is why tonight he was blocking the cameras, and previously when its all got too much he has refused to stand in view of the cameras.

I don't understand why they would want to do this though? Punishment for evicting the favourite to win maybe? It can't be that though as if they were that bothered they would have made up a twist to bring her back. His refusal to play along with their matchmaking with him and Charlie maybe? Just for the fun of it?

Hell I like the guy but I don't support him as such and don't think he would be the best winner (he is my 4th, behind Andy, jayne, Hughie) but I can see they are just taking the piss out of him and can't imagine how he actually feels, or his fans tbh
all in the name of the great god Entertainment, it would seem. but they should remember history and what happened to Rome - the real Rome, that is, not the blow-up skin one

Last edited by Jan S; 24-07-2016 at 10:02 PM.
Jan S is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-07-2016, 09:56 PM #38

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot2go View Post
BOLLOX
totally

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-07-2016, 09:56 PM #39

Favourites (more):
I'maCeleb2014: Kendra Wilkinson
X Factor 2014: Andrea Faustini

Favourites (more):
I'maCeleb2014: Kendra Wilkinson
X Factor 2014: Andrea Faustini

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananarama View Post
He was found not guilty how is that being singled out. Jason lovers are in complete denial as to what a low life Scum bag he is.
What makes him such a lowlife
Trying to get away from that mad woman Charlie ?.
Evicting Lateysha ?, the HM he LEAST got on with.
Jackson got to see Georgina & was praised, Charlie defended Jayne.
THREE ex-HM's SLATED Jason & BB knew that was going to happen.
Tarryn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-07-2016, 09:56 PM #40
sees everything

Favourites:
sees everything

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot2go View Post
If BB cause a man as principled and respected to break down on national tele there will be a massive reaction from the public....the grown ups in this country do not want to see a good guy broken for some kind if blood sport....channel five should be ashamed of what they're doing for wherever bizarre reason they seem to have
^^This
Old 24-07-2016, 09:57 PM #41

Favourites (more):
BB17: Jason
CBB14: Gary

Favourites (more):
BB17: Jason
CBB14: Gary

Quote:
They do it all the time with people who threaten to win over their favourites. But this time it feels really nasty. Ditto for Evelyn and i don't even like her.
The only person I can think of that came close is Dexter he got s**t from everyone in his year
Old 24-07-2016, 09:58 PM #42
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lister of Smeg View Post
The only person I can think of that came close is Dexter he got s**t from everyone in his year
He as robbed that year. Should have won
Old 24-07-2016, 10:01 PM #43
sees everything

Favourites:
sees everything

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyfed View Post
pretty much, but when i said everyone's heads i meant everyone's - the viewers & housemates alike

just look at the reactions to tonight's show. they'd rate that a success.
Old 24-07-2016, 10:01 PM #44

Quote:
It's like they want something bad to happen to him. Very disturbing episode tonight.
They got what they wanted tonight...Jason losing his temper. They wouldn't let him go because the backlash would look very bad for Channel 5 because they have allowed him to be pushed to the limit. It's been nothing but bullying.
rusticgal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-07-2016, 10:08 PM #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinp5 View Post
I found it upsetting to watch and I almost cried, it has sickened me the way he was bombarded for over 2 hours by the losers that returned to the house. Andy was spot on when he said that some in the room changed back to the pricks they were when Lateysha was in the house .

If I'd been in that room with them I'd would of got up and hugged him. To think he smiled when she first came in
RavenleFey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-07-2016, 10:09 PM #46
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarryn View Post
What makes him such a lowlife
Trying to get away from that mad woman Charlie ?.
Evicting Lateysha ?, the HM he LEAST got on with.
Jackson got to see Georgina & was praised, Charlie defended Jayne.
THREE ex-HM's SLATED Jason & BB knew that was going to happen.
Briefly, before turning her attentions back to Jason...
Quote:
Quote:
Old 25-07-2016, 12:09 AM #47

That was horrible to witness. I really felt for Jason. Charlie is vile. And only last week she was saying she loved him. Ryan and Lateysha were also disgusting. It was a witch hunt in that court room. Not nice at all

Last edited by eve88; 25-07-2016 at 12:10 AM.
eve88 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-07-2016, 01:23 AM #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhysJones View Post
How many threads about jason being 'bullied' by bb do we need?
Oh at least another 250 before we catch up with amount of threads that said Queeeeeen Lateysha was robbed.
Old 25-07-2016, 07:56 AM #49

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Oh what a bloody shame, poor Jason.

So his ex goes in with him then comes back to tell some home truths....

That's it, that's all the bad stuff he has had thrown at him..compare that to Andy who has had a much harder time than Jason yet he handles himself like a proper man....not like Jason who smashes up stuff and threatens to explode (the wrong way) but is still allowed to remain in the house....yeah,bb is really picking on Jason..
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-07-2016, 08:12 AM #50
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhysJones View Post
How many threads about jason being 'bullied' by bb do we need?
matched with Jason is soooo strong and manly...which is it?

They want him to win underdogs always do well .,simples, they already gave him 20k when he didn't hit the button first in the task and now this, they invited him on the show and told him they would manipulate it for him to win, a Hughie/Jason final 2 would be a money spinner for the programme
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
big brother, housemate, jason, picked, show