Notices

CBB18 Celebrity Big Brother Summer 2016 [CBB 18] won by Stephen Bear here.

Old 08-08-2016, 11:33 AM #51

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2019: Karim Zeroual
BB18: Isabelle

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
And love yours too Garfie.
Cheers, Jet

This thread today is so much more decent and pleasant than so, so many on here where the bullying and belittling of certain housemates seems to be cruelly relished, and I am so glad to see that there are so many caring and considerate forum members! I'd just like to say thanks to you and everyone involved in this discussion today, as you've all made me feel so much better than I did!
Garfie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 11:45 AM #52

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robodog View Post
Agreed

Lewis is the REAL bully of the house

Over the last week or so, the way he has spoken to and about Heavy D is disgusting. He has constantly mocked and belittled him, called him stupid etc

You are "the Heavy D on storage hunters that no one likes"

Then yesterday making him say please and thank you for a 2nd hand glass of stolen wine!

Forget your Helens and Bears, THAT from Lewis last night is what you call bullying. It's been constant and it's upsetting to watch.

Biggins for all his ill-judged opinions and 'jokes' never had malicious intent. Lewis however has shown REPEATED malicious intent.

Goes to show, you get punished on BB if you dare to discuss certain 'groups' of people, even if you simply air your opinion about them in a general, casual conversation. BUT you can be as nasty as you like about individuals and BB won't bat an eye lid. In fact, they encourage upset towards individuals by the nature of their 'sheet-stirring' tasks.

I'd much rather have someone calmly give their rubbish opinion about my race/religion/sexuality in a general level (like Biggins did) than maliciously attack me on a personal level (like Lewis does)
Absolutely agree, Robodog.
Old 08-08-2016, 11:47 AM #53

Re: Lewis calling Heavy D greedy: Has anyone else noticed the spare tyre around Lewis's waist? He wobbles when he runs. Give him 10 years and he'll be Jabba The Hutt.
Daffodil is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 11:49 AM #54

Surprised at the other HM's allowing Lewis to treat Heavy like that, James especially as he said he hates any form of bullying
Old 08-08-2016, 11:52 AM #55

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfie View Post
Cheers, Jet

This thread today is so much more decent and pleasant than so, so many on here where the bullying and belittling of certain housemates seems to be cruelly relished, and I am so glad to see that there are so many caring and considerate forum members! I'd just like to say thanks to you and everyone involved in this discussion today, as you've all made me feel so much better than I did!
You are very welcome!
I feel the same, I was so angry last night watching Heavy being treated like a nobody by Lewis and co and I was dreading looking in here today in case the bullying was being made little of. I am so glad that the majority see those awful self entitled knobs (and particularly Lewis in this case) for what they are.
I so hope Lewis goes tomorrow night...
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 12:00 PM #56

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
You are very welcome!
I feel the same, I was so angry last night watching Heavy being treated like a nobody by Lewis and co and I was dreading looking in here today in case the bullying was being made little of. I am so glad that the majority see those awful self entitled knobs (and particularly Lewis in this case) for what they are.
I so hope Lewis goes tomorrow night...
Yes, and that Bear gets thrown out soon after!
Old 08-08-2016, 12:09 PM #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjuniper View Post
Heavy D has never been my favourite, but I admire him for standing up to that numpty Lewis and the rest of his gang.
Yeah, but Colin was perfectly happy to pick on James Whale, who, whatever you might think of him, was an older man facing up to aggressive behaviour from three younger guys. Is it okay to assume that just because Colin is slow-witted, and has let himself go, he isn't a nasty piece of work?
Ian Coke is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 12:27 PM #58

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Coke View Post
Yeah, but Colin was perfectly happy to pick on James Whale, who, whatever you might think of him, was an older man facing up to aggressive behaviour from three younger guys. Is it okay to assume that just because Colin is slow-witted, and has let himself go, he isn't a nasty piece of work?
You're right, and no question that was wrong. My impression was he desperately wanted to find a group to belong to, and he chose badly. What they did to James was awful. I believe, though, that whereas Bear was intentionally trying to annoy and provoke, Heavy was a follower and was just thinking it was funny, which is probably why James chose to tip the coffee over Bear, rather than Heavy.

Obviously I can't claim this to be a fact, but I don't think he's a nasty piece of work, but someone who doesn't think deeply enough, who doesn't have much foresight and and someone who is easily led. To me, he seems to lack some social awareness and appears somewhat bewildered in social interaction- hence him being easily led. However, that is just the impression I get!
Old 08-08-2016, 12:36 PM #59

What an excellent post Ammi x
Jannigran is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 12:46 PM #60

Couldn't agree more with both of you Garfie and Robodog, I just wish I could express it as excellent as you both do x
Jannigran is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 01:52 PM #61

Quote:
You're right, and no question that was wrong. My impression was he desperately wanted to find a group to belong to, and he chose badly. What they did to James was awful. I believe, though, that whereas Bear was intentionally trying to annoy and provoke, Heavy was a follower and was just thinking it was funny, which is probably why James chose to tip the coffee over Bear, rather than Heavy.

Obviously I can't claim this to be a fact, but I don't think he's a nasty piece of work, but someone who doesn't think deeply enough, who doesn't have much foresight and and someone who is easily led. To me, he seems to lack some social awareness and appears somewhat bewildered in social interaction- hence him being easily led. However, that is just the impression I get!
He likely isn't a nasty piece of work, but there's not much about his antics that suggests otherwise. Are we supposed to think Heavy D is a nice guy now because Bear etc have turned on him? As a child of five could have told him they were going to? If he was still in 'the cool crowd', would he have much of a problem with trying to humiliate whoever he was told he should have a go at? It's difficult to empathise, really.

Last edited by Ian Coke; 08-08-2016 at 02:08 PM.
Ian Coke is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 02:45 PM #62

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Coke View Post
He likely isn't a nasty piece of work, but there's not much about his antics that suggests otherwise. Are we supposed to think Heavy D is a nice guy now because Bear etc have turned on him? As a child of five could have told him they were going to? If he was still in 'the cool crowd', would he have much of a problem with trying to humiliate whoever he was told he should have a go at? It's difficult to empathise, really.
Yes, I can see your point, Ian, and why it does feel difficult to empathise. I think you're right and if he was still in that crowd, he might well have gone along with that behaviour and done what he was told to. On the other hand, he might have recognised it was wrong at some point and detached himself from them. It's hard to say, as we just don't know how it would have played out.

What is evident is that he listens to and takes advice from people like Ricky, etc, who have pointed out what we see as the obvious to him, and he has then acted on that. I think it is that which makes me feel that he isn't inherently nasty.

I just get the impression that he is pretty naive, lacking in awareness and doesn't think much further than the immediate at times, whereas as I think the behaviour of the others in the group are well thought through and intentional.
Old 08-08-2016, 02:49 PM #63

Quote:
What!? Goading is what you have been admiring Bear and his little squad for! How come when Bear does so it is seen as funny and just a wind up, but when Heavy D does so it is described as 'repulsive'! That's so ironic!

The reason for Lewis' behaviour and the whole incident was Lewis! He was clearly angry at being put up for eviction and had been seething since being informed- for some reason he directed that anger at Heavy D, and had been belittling him and goading him from the moment he found out. He and his stupid, selfish side-kick then took all the wine, and demanded that Heavy D grovel for some. When they were found out and confronted about it Lewis couldn't deal with that, so was horrendous towards Heavy D just for raising the issue.

Lewis had been pushing for a reaction all day, but couldn't deal with it when he got a taste of his own medicine and was wound up by Heavy D- ironically something he and his immature little 'squad' have been enjoying doing to others since the start! Lewis was literally shaking with anger, and was the one who was threatening aggression and jumped out of the pool heading towards Heavy D. My interpretation was that Heavy D was mocking him by putting his fists up following Lewis' threats to fight with him and his over-the-top reaction.

It is Lewis, Bear and Marnie who are repulsive, selfish and disgusting examples of human beings- they have no morals and think it's okay to treat others however they wish. This isn't funny or entertaining- it is just horrendous to watch.

I've had enough of those three now, and I've held back from saying this so far as I didn't want to throw the word out their without taking time to step back and seriously think about, but they are just a miserable bunch of cruel bullies. They need to go asap, and if any of those three win this, I will be dismayed that the general public could perceive such cruelty as entertainment and something to be rewarded.

Rant over!
Excellent and well written post, couldn't agree more.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
bloor, calling, greedy, heavy, lewis