Notices

CBB18 Celebrity Big Brother Summer 2016 [CBB 18] won by Stephen Bear here.

Old 10-08-2016, 08:29 AM #51

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Shane Jenek
CBB18: James Whale

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfie View Post
I'm in agreement with so much of what is being said here, and am so disappointed in what is happening to BB.

The editing, and the focus on just a few characters who are so, so fake, is appalling, as is the decision to give those who were nominated the reward of issuing killer nominations. Why? That gives a clear indication of where the producers want this series to go, as it is ensuring that the least popular housemates within the house- the fake ones- stay in, and we just get more of what we've already seen.

I can't believe that they have made that decision.
I agree - ok it has kept us all talking but IMHO not in a good way there is more talk of people not wanting to watch than ever before.. I look at this CBB and I look at original CBB HUGE difference it is getting worse..
Old 10-08-2016, 08:35 AM #52

Why come on here asking if anyone else feels like switching off, if it doesn't float your boat and you would rather watch the likes of Ricky, Sam, Katie and Frankie then you know were the remote is, you know where the off button is.

Mind the door doesn't catch your rear as you flounce out!!!

In any walk of life there is somoene like Bear, a wind up merchant, an irritant and a lot of the time people provide an excuse for them " Oh, it's only Bear" like he's an exception and that he has to be treat special and normal rules don't apply to him- he's an eccentric, to be given some slack.

It's fascinating -imho-to watch how people are dealing with it ( not very well at the moment)
delta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 08:38 AM #53
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Luke A
BB12: Harry

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Why come on here asking if anyone else feels like switching off, if it doesn't float your boat and you would rather watch the likes of Ricky, Sam, Katie and Frankie then you know were the remote is, you know where the off button is.

In any walk of life there is somoene like Bear, a wind up merchant, an irritant and a lot of the time people provide an excuse for them " Oh, it's only Bear" like he's an exception and that he has to be treat special and normal rules don't apply to him- he's an eccentric, to be given some slack.

It's fascinating -imho-to watch how people are dealing with it ( not very well at the moment)
All a load of rubbish ,no one will switch off .........as long as they don't comment on a show they are not watching ,then crack on and switch off
chuff me dizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 08:42 AM #54

Wasn't a big fan of Saira but she was a great housemate. A headline-maker, as I say.

I think if Bear and Heavy go, the show will take a nose-dive. Ricky and Sam and Katie are so dull. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...
Gusto Brunt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 08:45 AM #55

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:

Just like everyone else the OP is entitled to their opinion. many feel the same as OP does no harm in asking right?

In regards to 'he's an eccentric, to be given some slack' that IMHO is horse**** he is a prick he should be given the BOOT and that's my opinion of it.. why cut any more slack when clearly he has bullied intimidated and wormed his way round the HMs for his own amusement? for someone that has made HM's lives hell and viewers switch off? This is NOT his show... I want to see other things happen besides him getting to bounce round the screen like some petulant child who just got their own way!

In real life noone has him on speed-dial and the rest will avoid him like the plague...
Old 10-08-2016, 08:45 AM #56

I caught a program the night before last 20 greatest CBB moments, you always have these characters in.

Louis Spence
Gary Bussey
Denise Walsh and the Twins
Jim Davison
Frenchie

Some people just have more about them than others and a lot of it down to jealousy, Bear is wired to planet Bear and is probably like that on the outside, he just has more energy, more electrical connections that make his brain tick all of the time.

Some feel threatened by it, Aubrey, Saira, Ricky, Sam etc others are indifferent and the rest embrace it. Lewis, Chloe, Marnie even HD who at least understands it.

You also have the jealousy factor, the dull ones don't understand it, yes he's acting up at bit and pressing buttons but genuinely he's wired differently and ticks differently they feel threatened and upset that they are stars but are being shown up by his antics- in other words they have met a bigger and larger than life character and they don't know how to react other than to try and control and to try and adapt this person's behaviour so it doesn't steal their limelight, if only then can get him to tone down, change , be more like us BORING - then we may get a bit of camera time and attention.

Last edited by delta; 10-08-2016 at 08:46 AM.
Old 10-08-2016, 08:47 AM #57
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusto Brunt View Post
Wasn't a big fan of Saira but she was a great housemate. A headline-maker, as I say.

I think if Bear and Heavy go, the show will take a nose-dive. Ricky and Sam and Katie are so dull. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...
I cannot wait to see the back of D he drives me insane !! Even though Ive had a bet on Sam ,she and Ricky can go too ,what a pair of bloody bores I dont watch BB to see boring people doing nothing all day ,I like lively and fun hm8s
Old 10-08-2016, 08:48 AM #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy View Post
I cannot wait to see the back of D he drives me insane !! Even though Ive had a bet on Sam ,she and Ricky can go too ,what a pair of bloody bores I dont watch BB to see boring people doing nothing all day ,I like lively and fun hm8s
For me, Ricky is an embarrassment- what a weird soul he is.
Old 10-08-2016, 08:48 AM #59

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2019: Karim Zeroual
BB18: Isabelle

Favourites (more):

Here we go again....... Can we just allow people to express their views without the sarcastic comments about them?

Believe it or not, forum members are allowed to do that! And if people are disappointed in the show we are here to discuss, they are entitled to express that. If they are beginning to feel they are tempted to switch off, they are allowed to express that WITHOUT being subjected to belittling comments.
Garfie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 08:50 AM #60
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
For me, Ricky is an embarrassment- what a weird soul he is.
Odd,sly and very sneaky add to that the biggest arselicker since BB began and you wonder how he ever got chosen to be in the show
Old 10-08-2016, 08:59 AM #61

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Here we go again....... Can we just allow people to express their views without the sarcastic comments about them?

Believe it or not, forum members are allowed to do that! And if people are disappointed in the show we are here to discuss, they are entitled to express that. If they are beginning to feel they are tempted to switch off, they are allowed to express that WITHOUT being subjected to belittling comments.
Amen well said was just about to post something similar here
Old 10-08-2016, 09:01 AM #62

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Odd,sly and very sneaky add to that the biggest arselicker since BB began and you wonder how he ever got chosen to be in the show

I would not say Ricky was sly or an arselicker compared to some of the HMs

At least Ricky has his own mind and speaks his opinion...is he only bad as he dislikes Bear?
Old 10-08-2016, 09:12 AM #63

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I caught a program the night before last 20 greatest CBB moments, you always have these characters in.

Louis Spence
Gary Bussey
Denise Walsh and the Twins
Jim Davison
Frenchie

Some people just have more about them than others and a lot of it down to jealousy, Bear is wired to planet Bear and is probably like that on the outside, he just has more energy, more electrical connections that make his brain tick all of the time.

Some feel threatened by it, Aubrey, Saira, Ricky, Sam etc others are indifferent and the rest embrace it. Lewis, Chloe, Marnie even HD who at least understands it.

You also have the jealousy factor, the dull ones don't understand it, yes he's acting up at bit and pressing buttons but genuinely he's wired differently and ticks differently they feel threatened and upset that they are stars but are being shown up by his antics- in other words they have met a bigger and larger than life character and they don't know how to react other than to try and control and to try and adapt this person's behaviour so it doesn't steal their limelight, if only then can get him to tone down, change , be more like us BORING - then we may get a bit of camera time and attention.
trust me when I say NOONE is jealous of Bear I am 500% sure 99.9% of that house just want him gone... and making excuses for his behaviour 'as it is a tv show' doesn't make him a nice person.. far from it... what you see as entertaining I see as a person I would avoid like the plague as would many many many people.. outside this tv show

I would rather boring down to earth funny over OMG Im a grown man 26 who prefers to act my shoe size just so I can get attention.. pfft..

Being mean / Deceitful / Inconsiderate / Rude / Spiteful / Thoughtless / Manic / Argumentative / and so much worse doesn't make him a good HM..the greatest HM of all time Brian Dowling did not have to resort to anything like how Bear behaves to be crowned winner... so why should we reward some 2-bit nobody who think he is god's gift for being a dickhead to everyone around him?
Old 10-08-2016, 09:13 AM #64

Favourites (more):
CBB18: Saira Khan
BBUSA18: Da'Vonne

Favourites (more):
CBB18: Saira Khan
BBUSA18: Da'Vonne

I only keep it on in the background just in case something good happens, but I really don't care for this series, and there's only four in there that I truly like. I'll also give it until Friday, but if it's an awful eviction result, then I'm done

CBB18

Aubrey-Frankie-Renee

BBUS 18

James-Michelle-Paul-Natalie-Zakiyah-Da'Vonne-Tiffany
callumbb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 09:15 AM #65

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F

I've never given up on a series of Big Brother before, I stuck it out with BB12 and more importantly CBB15 which had the same feel as this series, but I'm very close to just sacking it in, it's obvious what the producers are trying to do, they're edging their bets and trying to milk their cash cows as much as they can, it's tedious to watch and I'm not enjoying it whatsoever, the only sliver of hope is seeing people stand up to the gang that are ruining the show, but idk if that's enough to keep me hooked, especially if one of them goes on Friday.
Old 10-08-2016, 09:22 AM #66

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam- View Post
I've never given up on a series of Big Brother before, I stuck it out with BB12 and more importantly CBB15 which had the same feel as this series, but I'm very close to just sacking it in, it's obvious what the producers are trying to do, they're edging their bets and trying to milk their cash cows as much as they can, it's tedious to watch and I'm not enjoying it whatsoever, the only sliver of hope is seeing people stand up to the gang that are ruining the show, but idk if that's enough to keep me hooked, especially if one of them goes on Friday.
exactly one of my fave moments in about 2 weeks will be HMs taking the piss out of Chloe & bear when they were doing the massage (if thats what you would call it lol) other than that I have missed episodes turned off episodes.. just unbearable sometimes.. (no pun intended) although chances are its bear related as to why I turned off
Old 10-08-2016, 09:25 AM #67

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):

It's just a Geordie shore and ex on the beach type spin - off show now. I never watch those kind of shows so I'll not be watching while these characters remain and the producers focus almost exclusively on their mindless antics. I've had enough.
I guess fans of those shows are loving this. But it's just not BB.

It's no big loss to me - the Olympics are on...

Last edited by jet; 10-08-2016 at 09:25 AM.
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 09:27 AM #68

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
It's just a Geordie shore and ex on the beach type spin - off show now. I never watch those kind of shows so I'll not be watching while these characters remain and the producers focus almost exclusively on their mindless antics. I've had enough.
I guess fans of those shows are loving this. But it's just not BB.

It's no big loss to me - the Olympics are on...
I agree completely thats how this show feels for me too.. like a spin-off of one of those god awful shows...its no longer the BB I know and love
Old 10-08-2016, 09:28 AM #69

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusto Brunt View Post

Northern Monkey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 09:28 AM #70

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sue- View Post
trust me when I say NOONE is jealous of Bear I am 500% sure 99.9% of that house just want him gone... and making excuses for his behaviour 'as it is a tv show' doesn't make him a nice person.. far from it... what you see as entertaining I see as a person I would avoid like the plague as would many many many people.. outside this tv show

I would rather boring down to earth funny over OMG Im a grown man 26 who prefers to act my shoe size just so I can get attention.. pfft..

Being mean / Deceitful / Inconsiderate / Rude / Spiteful / Thoughtless / Manic / Argumentative / and so much worse doesn't make him a good HM..the greatest HM of all time Brian Dowling did not have to resort to anything like how Bear behaves to be crowned winner... so why should we reward some 2-bit nobody who think he is god's gift for being a dickhead to everyone around him?
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 09:32 AM #71
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I agree completely thats how this show feels for me too.. like a spin-off of one of those god awful shows...its no longer the BB I know and love
Ive never seen any of those shows ,I'm watching it as CBB not another show
Old 10-08-2016, 09:33 AM #72

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Ive never seen any of those shows ,I'm watching it as CBB not another show
good for you
Old 10-08-2016, 09:34 AM #73

Quote:

The quality of some of the HM's on THIS particular CBB, is definitely sub-par, but it it also must be borne in mind, that the editors of the show are also becoming more totalitarian, and increasingly, we are only seeing what they want us a see.

As a result, if some of us do not enjoy what we are seeing, then it is the producers fault, but we have every right to express our dissatisfaction at what we perceive as a degeneration in quality of what was, once one of our favourite programmes.

In addition, the OP stated: "Anyone else FEEL like switching off', which conveys frustration at the said perceived descent in quality, but does NOT mean that the OP poster is switching off.

kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 09:35 AM #74

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklancaster View Post
The quality of some of the HM's on THIS particular CBB, is definitely sub-par, but it it also must be borne in mind, that the editors of the show are also becoming more totalitarian, and increasingly, we are only seeing what they want us a see.

As a result, if some of us do not enjoy what we are seeing, then it is the producers fault, but we have every right to express our dissatisfaction at what we perceive as a degeneration in quality of what was, once one of our favourite programmes.

In addition, the OP stated: "Anyone else FEEL like switching off', which conveys frustration at the said perceived descent in quality, but does NOT mean that the OP poster is switching off.
another superb post by you sir
Old 10-08-2016, 09:37 AM #75

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Just like everyone else the OP is entitled to their opinion. many feel the same as OP does no harm in asking right?

In regards to 'he's an eccentric, to be given some slack' that IMHO is horse**** he is a prick he should be given the BOOT and that's my opinion of it.. why cut any more slack when clearly he has bullied intimidated and wormed his way round the HMs for his own amusement? for someone that has made HM's lives hell and viewers switch off? This is NOT his show... I want to see other things happen besides him getting to bounce round the screen like some petulant child who just got their own way!

In real life noone has him on speed-dial and the rest will avoid him like the plague...
Absolutely! Great post!
Garfie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
feel, switching