Notices

CBB18 Celebrity Big Brother Summer 2016 [CBB 18] won by Stephen Bear here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 15-08-2016, 04:22 AM #36
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfie View Post
Although I agreed on lots of what you said in your previous post, our perceptions differ here, Ian.

He has, on occasions, joined in with Bear and Lewis when they were picking on others, notably James, but this was at the start, and I might be wrong but I can't remember more recent occasions of this. I certainly don't think the word 'always' is anywhere near accurate.

I do think he is a decent person. He is naive, he is easily led and manipulated and he has got things wrong on occasions- granted. However, my impression is that his mistakes are not coming from a bad place like they do with Bear, but from an attempt to have fun; whereas I feel Bear and Lewis go out of their way to be cruel and to provoke others, and indeed revel in the distress they cause, I believe Heavy's motives are based firmly in humour and in just having a laugh.

He doesn't always think, but I don't believe he is malicious. He has shown he listens to others and makes the effort to adapt his behaviour. I think he has a heart, whereas the other two are just manipulative and care only for themselves. Heavy has sometimes been rotten, but I don't believe he is rotten- it is a case of separating the action and the person, and I believe the person has a lot of redeeming features. Even good people can, and do, get things wrong.

I can't say I understand how you feel he sees himself as a 'massive tactician', although he has made tongue-in-cheek comments.

He does have some sympathy from me, but it is nothing to do with him being perceived as having a less 'handsome....packaging' or me assuming 'his soul is less rotten' because of that. Give me some credit, Ian! I form my opinions using my brain rather than my eyes, so use my brain to interpret what my eyes see! Surely you wouldn't think me as superficial or so condescending as to pity people for their appearances, and base my judgments on them according to that! :

In actual fact, I feel sympathy, not pity, for him due to the way he has been manipulated, picked on and taken advantage of by the two slime balls already mentioned. More importantly, I like him and am supporting him, for a whole range of reasons!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Coke View Post
So much to respond to here! Erm, a recent example of Colin's unpleasant behaviour was yelling 'Boom' when a clearly upset Chloe was in the process of being evicted. You say he doesn't think, that he doesn't mean to an arsehole; I think that's debatable, but really, who's to care about his motives, when the results are the same? As to the broader issue, I maintain that if he was a good-looking twenty something with a swimmer's build, acting in exactly the same way, everyone who's now in his corner would absolutely hate him. He's been told time and time again to give the 'Boom!' thing a rest, for example, but he's either just as unwilling, or incapable, of dialing his antics back as Bear is. I just don't see what you see, I suppose. You see a kindly, misunderstood gentle giant type, and I see an over-entitled adult baby, seething internally, with a ton a stuff to do with his largely unresolved sexual urges, to the point of being a social time bomb. The love child of the Incredible Hulk and Mr Blobby. Except not as telegenic as that monster would be.

....hmmm, I kind of agree with a bit of both of you, Garfie and Ian.....(both good posts btw....)...I don't see Heavy as a mean spirited person as such but he does and has done mean spirited things though and that does make it hard to like him as well...it really doesn't sit well how insensitive (and loud) he's been when people have been evicted or in the mornings with how loud he is..(but then I guess the late nighters who are enjoying their lay ins haven't been considerate either..)..but by his own words, he's describing himself as a 'people pleaser' and that being that has got him nowhere as it were but he doesn't seem to even try to 'please' on many occasions but just repeatedly do things that he know will irritate and annoy../he's a bit of a strange one tbh....he seems to please when it suits him and the total opposite to please when that suits him as well....
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
bear, heavy, katie, loses