Notices

CBB18 Celebrity Big Brother Summer 2016 [CBB 18] won by Stephen Bear here.

Old 15-08-2016, 01:40 PM #1
27/01/2020

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Clara Amfo
BBUSA22: Da'Vonne

27/01/2020

Favourites (more):

Default Emma Willis

(This is about Emma in general, not just the Chloe situation.)

I see Emma is trending everywhere for her 'urprofessional interview' with Chloe Khan. I thought it was fine, and all of the questions she asked were ones I wanted to know the answer to - I don't see what's wrong with voicing the public opinions?

Anyway, her behaviour was appalling in the house and not that she deserved it, but she needed to be shown that people weren't happy with her actions in there.

What I fear most is that Emma falls into the trap people in the public have made and does indeed quit. I think she does a very good job and is a perfect face for the show.

What are your opinions on Emma Willis in General, and in this situation?
Old 15-08-2016, 01:45 PM #2

Favourites (more):
Love Island 6: Shaughna
IAC2019: Nadine Coyle

Favourites (more):

She's too good for the show anyway. If she did quit I wouldn't blame but I love her presenting the show and I'd love it if she would continue personally.
Cal. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-08-2016, 01:49 PM #3

She is the last shred of credibility the show has.
Stevep is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-08-2016, 01:52 PM #4

I think she should quit for her own sake tbh. If people are going to complain about her questioning someone about their awful behaviour... I mean what's the point in having an interviewer? Do people just want her to sit there and smile and let the housemates say whatever will make them look good? I want a housemate to be grilled! So frankly if she's going to get such heavy criticism for that then if I was her I'd just leave and focus on what's best for my career. As much as I love BB, she's above it now... she doesn't need it, and if stuff like that could potentially damage her career/reputation, then she should **** it off to be honest
I have to say, I don't actually rate her that highly myself (I think she's mostly ok but not that good), but there's no denying she's successful enough to be considered above the show and not need it, which is my point.

BBCAN: Erica | Will | Veronica | Johnny | Alejandra | Ryan | Paras
Jamie89 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-08-2016, 01:53 PM #5
Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevep View Post

A lot of people have this sense of 'this is how an interviewer must be' when really, I am over it. Why can't she tell a twat that theyre a twat if a twat has been a twat? Why must she be impartial? I for one dont care.

Last edited by Withano; 15-08-2016 at 01:56 PM.
Withano is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-08-2016, 01:57 PM #6

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
This is true. Emma is usually the only good thing about it.
Cal. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-08-2016, 02:02 PM #7
User banned

User banned

appalling show, dreadful producers who select moronic bores as housemates ...emma is a decent presenter but a pretty lousy interviewer too , who usually gets tongue tied and only had a pop at the awful chloe not because of her pitiful skankish behaviour but because emma was offended because bear called her sexy

Last edited by the truth; 15-08-2016 at 03:43 PM.
the truth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-08-2016, 02:06 PM #8
No filter

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Amanda Barrie

No filter

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Amanda Barrie

Quote:
This.
The show needs her a lot more than she needs the show. It's just her genuine love for the format that's keeping her there, let's be real.
Old 15-08-2016, 02:06 PM #9
like the boys

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Minh-Ly
Survivor 40: Michele

like the boys

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Minh-Ly
Survivor 40: Michele

A cultural icon whom this piece of **** series doesn't deserve

Spoiler:

MB. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-08-2016, 02:14 PM #10

I don't think Emma was hard enough on Chloe personally, i also think Emma is not enthralled by a lot of this seasons choice of HM's (for the right reasons)
Slagging her off because she's not mad on slutty behaviour ???? you can surely provide entertainment without getting those ghastly great mammary's out , leaving dirty knickers everywhere - gimme a break and leave Emma alone.
hijaxers is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-08-2016, 02:21 PM #11

An absolutely horrible host who I've repeatedly noticed bias from. This isn't just talking about this Chloe interview. Emma's done this loads of times. Her brief talk with Jarrah in their fake evictions was appalling and so anti-social the way she spoke to both of them and stand-offish. Later when she interviewed Farrah she was still uncomfortable to her. And then there's the Laura interview which really pissed me off.

Rylan is just a much better host in every conceivable way than Emma ever was. Even if he doesn't like someone he always gives anyone a chance to speak their mind, is equally optimistic around all evictee guests, and isn't nearly as bored as Emma has become. Sack Emma, she is rubbish now.
Epic. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-08-2016, 02:33 PM #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorSmooth View Post
(This is about Emma in general, not just the Chloe situation.)

I see Emma is trending everywhere for her 'urprofessional interview' with Chloe Khan. I thought it was fine, and all of the questions she asked were ones I wanted to know the answer to - I don't see what's wrong with voicing the public opinions?

Anyway, her behaviour was appalling in the house and not that she deserved it, but she needed to be shown that people weren't happy with her actions in there.

What I fear most is that Emma falls into the trap people in the public have made and does indeed quit. I think she does a very good job and is a perfect face for the show.

What are your opinions on Emma Willis in General, and in this situation?
100% Agree with everything you say...

Moaning is a full time hobby for the ingrates who attack Emma... and when their dreams come true and Emma finally leaves the ungrateful viewers to their fate we will all be left with that narcissistic cretin Rylan running the show....people think BB is bad now ? Wait till that prick turns the live evictions into the Rylan Show with his insufferable ego and his retarded, payed by the hour, fake audience.

Emma is a mom, the day Chloe was evicted it was all over the net how Chloe has abandoned her child to seek fame instead....easy for me to ignore as a viewer but Emma is a mom and has to meet her face to face. I'm sure Emma dislikes her and I can't blame her. Plus Chloe needed to be made to answer the questions Emma presented her with.....questions Emma would have been told to ask.

Last edited by hot2go; 15-08-2016 at 02:34 PM.
hot2go is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-08-2016, 02:39 PM #13

I am not an ingrate but I am retarded so cheers for using that word as an insult.
Epic. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-08-2016, 02:40 PM #14
Zakaccino

Favourites (more):
CBB19: Kim Woodburn
CBB18: Saira Khan
Zakaccino

Favourites (more):
CBB19: Kim Woodburn
CBB18: Saira Khan

She's honestly the best part of an otherwise dying show. I can tell that over time that she's become less interested but who can honestly blame her? She's a fan like the rest of us, so it's totally understandable that she's become frustrated with what the show has become.

I also don't understand the accusation that her interviews are "biased" - at the end of the day, if you make questionable comments or actions in the house, you have to be grilled on it. Every housemate that enters Big Brother puts themselves in that position and you need a strong interviewer to handle that situation. My only qualm with her on the live shows are the terrible 'joke'-filled scripts the live show team give her.

I had the chance to meet her last year too and she's honestly one of the nicest and down-to-earth people you'll ever meet.

(Basically, she's just doing her job and some of the flack she gets is far too OTT)

Spoiler:

Last edited by zakman440; 15-08-2016 at 02:40 PM.
zakman440 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-08-2016, 02:41 PM #15
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

I don't think Emma has carte blanche over what she says. She's a presenter... there will be people in her ear constantly while she's interviewing. I like Emma, she's one of my favourite presenters. And let's face facts... the people venting their spleen on social media wouldn't know what made a "professional interview" and what doesn't.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-08-2016, 03:29 PM #16
27/01/2020

Favourites (more):

27/01/2020

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie89 View Post
I think she should quit for her own sake tbh. If people are going to complain about her questioning someone about their awful behaviour... I mean what's the point in having an interviewer? Do people just want her to sit there and smile and let the housemates say whatever will make them look good? I want a housemate to be grilled! So frankly if she's going to get such heavy criticism for that then if I was her I'd just leave and focus on what's best for my career. As much as I love BB, she's above it now... she doesn't need it, and if stuff like that could potentially damage her career/reputation, then she should **** it off to be honest
I have to say, I don't actually rate her that highly myself (I think she's mostly ok but not that good), but there's no denying she's successful enough to be considered above the show and not need it, which is my point.
I believe this completely. I think if people are offended by what they ask Chloe - they better switch of for bear
Old 15-08-2016, 03:32 PM #17
27/01/2020

Favourites (more):

27/01/2020

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by zakman440 View Post
She's honestly the best part of an otherwise dying show. I can tell that over time that she's become less interested but who can honestly blame her? She's a fan like the rest of us, so it's totally understandable that she's become frustrated with what the show has become.

I also don't understand the accusation that her interviews are "biased" - at the end of the day, if you make questionable comments or actions in the house, you have to be grilled on it. Every housemate that enters Big Brother puts themselves in that position and you need a strong interviewer to handle that situation. My only qualm with her on the live shows are the terrible 'joke'-filled scripts the live show team give her.

I had the chance to meet her last year too and she's honestly one of the nicest and down-to-earth people you'll ever meet.

(Basically, she's just doing her job and some of the flack she gets is far too OTT)
Old 15-08-2016, 03:34 PM #18
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Luke A
BB12: Harry

User banned

Favourites (more):

She's was absolutely disgusting ,and its not the first time, the golden rule of presenting is not to be BIASED and she's certainly that ,she was downright ignorant
chuff me dizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-08-2016, 03:46 PM #19

I cant believe it - too harsh?!! I think the interviews are so soft that they rush over the appalling behaviour and always seem to end with 'you were a great housemate' - and the worse the behaviour the more they get this accolade. The same goes for BBBoTS - the panel (except the few) all seem to play along, in fact they all seem to know the contestants and each other, as part of the Essex/Rylan group. What a role model Chloe is to her child, who, according to the childs father, she rarely see's and thinks that piling her up with toys makes up for her absence . I digress - back to Emma - to me she seems bored and disheartened by the whole show now - the behaviour and the house is quite miserable, they are not having an enjoyable nor a life changing experience - its all tired
lindylou1422 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-08-2016, 03:49 PM #20

Favourites:
BB15: Pavandeep
X Factor 2012: Christopher Maloney

Favourites:
BB15: Pavandeep
X Factor 2012: Christopher Maloney

The only toys Chloe buys are....well you can imagine.
johnx is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-08-2016, 03:49 PM #21
Red Flavor

Favourites (more):
CBB20: Sarah Harding
BB18: Chanelle
Red Flavor

Favourites (more):
CBB20: Sarah Harding
BB18: Chanelle

She's brilliant.
Serg is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-08-2016, 03:52 PM #22
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Adam
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Adam

Sorry but Mrs Willis is beginning to believe she is a super star. Sadly her opinionated views and hatred of all things PCs or Lgtv related have turned her from a fan fav to a professional presenter. Something has been lost and I think it's her innocence and funny quirky side. She acts like a diva these days and her empathy side has all but gone. She needs to distance herself from Rylan as he is killing her mantra.

Last edited by sampvt; 15-08-2016 at 03:53 PM.
sampvt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-08-2016, 03:52 PM #23

Favourites (more):
CBB20: Chad Johnson
BB18: Isabelle

Favourites (more):
CBB20: Chad Johnson
BB18: Isabelle

Emma gave a great interview and asked Chloe the questions she should have asked her. What was she supposed to do? There were no great moments involving Chloe to relive.
Paula D is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-08-2016, 03:52 PM #24

I cant believe it - too harsh?!! I think the interviews are so soft that they rush over the appalling behaviour and always seem to end with 'you were a great housemate' - and the worse the behaviour the more they get this accolade. The same goes for BBBoTS - the panel (except the few) all seem to play along, in fact they all seem to know the contestants and each other, as part of the Essex/Rylan group. What a role model Chloe is to her child, who, according to the childs father, she rarely see's and thinks that piling her up with toys makes up for her absence . I digress - back to Emma - to me she seems bored and disheartened by the whole show now - the behaviour and the house is quite miserable, they are not having an enjoyable nor a life changing experience - its all tired
lindylou1422 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-08-2016, 03:53 PM #25
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampvt View Post
Sorry but Mrs Willis is beginning to believe she is a super star. Sadly her opinionated views and hatred of all things PCs or Lgtv related have turned her from a fan fav to a professional presenter. Something has been lost and I think it's her innocence and funny quirky side. She acts like a diva these days and her empathy side has all but gone. She needs to distance herself from Rylan as he is killing her mantra.
She's got too big for her boots Sam
chuff me dizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
emma, willis