Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB18 Celebrity Big Brother Summer 2016 [CBB 18] won by Stephen Bear here.

Old 28-08-2016, 10:16 AM #51

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2019: Karim Zeroual
BB18: Isabelle

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Coke View Post
He's in his twenties. Give it time. Stephen is so exactly his father's son that it's almost heartbreaking you guys can't see it.
Sadly, I agree with this, Ian.
Garfie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-08-2016, 10:25 AM #52

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Yeah. Stephen being indulged by the GBP, as 'a winner' is, short of a car accident, possibly one of the worst things that could have happened to him. He won't, let's face it, be able to cope without the mania and delirium. A couple of days from now, and he'll wake up wondering who he can have a go at, to deal with his bad dreams. And there will be no one.
Again, I totally agree. To me he already seems to have a relationship with alcohol that doesn't do him any favours, and I fear he could recklessly indulge in what he sees as his success and bring about his own downfall.

When people like him are applauded for his behaviour by the general public, it really does more harm than good, even though they might feel they are rewarding him. It is a tragic irony.
Garfie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-08-2016, 11:54 AM #53
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

He needs direction. Hope he gets the right advice, because he has a lot of potential.
Old 29-08-2016, 07:54 PM #54

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Martin Kemp
BB13: Benedict

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Martin Kemp
BB13: Benedict

Quote:
He's in his twenties. Give it time. Stephen is so exactly his father's son that it's almost heartbreaking you guys can't see it.
This is so true. Bear's true character appears to be washed clean through the rose tinted BS of shallow physical attraction.

Bear is an angry, aggressive oik. Almost everyday he displayed some excessive attempt to control or get a reaction from others. Or he demonstrated some subversive dominance in that house.

So to see his father display similarly is worthy of discussion.

Bear's mother is also worth a mention in that displays of rage and dominance might be something she's experienced on a daily basis, based on behaviour by her son in the house and this instance by her husband. She does look worn down by life. No shade.

Renee's connection to the Mob is what it is. I'm not bothered by comparison. She still has a better character than Bear. In that she has and is able to demonstrate compassion. Never saw it once from Bear. It was always the opposite.
Old 29-08-2016, 09:01 PM #55
Sod orf

Sod orf

His porridge is too salty

Goldilocks doesn't approve
Alf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-08-2016, 10:23 PM #56
laura carter stan

Favourites (more):
BB19: Sian
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

laura carter stan

Favourites (more):
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

wow what a vile family. It says a lot that bears mam was proud of how he acted in the house
Greg! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-08-2016, 06:28 AM #57
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
i hear where you are coming from Ammi, but at the end of the day we all have to deal with the stresses and strains life throws at us and the majority manage to keep there tempers etc in check, so I'm not one for making excuses.

I hated bear, but what his father does or doesnt do is just not relevant to me. Does it suggest that perhaps "the norms" are different in the bear household compared to others .... possibly .... but I think we could all have guessed that already from bears behaviour in the house.

.....hmmm, I don't think that it would suggest that for me though...I mean, there's Bear's brother as well, is it Danny..?...he seems a very level a person in him trying to calm the situation with his dad...also the 'product' of his parent's influence etc.../there again that's only judging by this very bite-size of Bear's family in a very emotionally heightened situation... but that's what his dad is being judged on as to the parent he is...also his mum as well as being very down-trodden to be part of the family, I just can't imagine how that must make her feel because this is her husband and son/the people that she loves and being sympathised with because of her family../wow, one of the most hurtful things to have to experience for her...and she was probably just exhausted anyway/the whole family would have been with the few days leading up to the final../physically and emotionally exhausted I would think...

...anyways, this is another reason why I can't ever be on board with a series like this and the creating of an extreme antagonist like Bear, to make it so much about one person etc in such a negative way...because these are real people and real families etc and being called scum and stuff like that and it's actually evoking real life hate, you know....and there are some loonies out there/hate filled loonies who are capable of physical harm..and I do feel that BB has a responsibility there in how they portray people and to create a balance much more than this series has....
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-08-2016, 06:37 AM #58
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
.....hmmm, I don't think that it would suggest that for me though...I mean, there's Bear's brother as well, is it Danny..?...he seems a very level a person in him trying to calm the situation with his dad...also the 'product' of his parent's influence etc.../there again that's only judging by this very bite-size of Bear's family in a very emotionally heightened situation... but that's what his dad is being judged on as to the parent he is...also his mum as well as being very down-trodden to be part of the family, I just can't imagine how that must make her feel because this is her husband and son/the people that she loves and being sympathised with because of her family../wow, one of the most hurtful things to have to experience for her...and she was probably just exhausted anyway/the whole family would have been with the few days leading up to the final../physically and emotionally exhausted I would think...

...anyways, this is another reason why I can't ever be on board with a series like this and the creating of an extreme antagonist like Bear, to make it so much about one person etc in such a negative way...because these are real people and real families etc and being called scum and stuff like that and it's actually evoking real life hate, you know....and there are some loonies out there/hate filled loonies who are capable of physical harm..and I do feel that BB has a responsibility there in how they portray people and to create a balance much more than this series has....
I can't be on board with it either Ammi, for so many reasons, but mainly because it is at a minimum contrived/manipulated and at a maximum directed/scripted. It is filled with the TV companies own employees with a view to promoting its other trash shows. So it is basically exploiting the goodwill associated with the BB brand to further its own brands. Its no longer a social experiment, its trash, exploitative TV.
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-08-2016, 06:51 AM #59
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
I can't be on board with it either Ammi, for so many reasons, but mainly because it is at a minimum contrived/manipulated and at a maximum directed/scripted. It is filled with the TV companies own employees with a view to promoting its other trash shows. So it is basically exploiting the goodwill associated with the BB brand to further its own brands. Its no longer a social experiment, its trash, exploitative TV.
...hmmm, I'm not entirely sure of it not still being a social experiment, bitontheslide because surely it's the social experiment of being able to create an antagonist character like Bear and then that antagonist become the 'people's favourite', as in he won/got the most votes etc...is that in itself not a social experiment or can be seen as one...?...the thing is with BB, which is quite unique from any other 'trash reality TV'...is that those have more of a specific demographic of fans/viewers etc...but with BB, it wants us to look at behaviour/'morals' as it were, etc ...it wants all of these discussions to take place, it doesn't want us to just accept Bear as a game-player and a 'character' etc../it wants the divides that it creates etc and no-one really being right and no-one really being wrong, but just the very creation of two different perspectives, which was less necessary back in the day....but hmmm..(because there is so much reality trash TV and so much choice..)...every viewers/fan that it may lose through a series like this is one that couldn't be afforded to lose...(mind you they might gain some as well, I guess so out with the old and in with the new....)...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
apples, bear, dad, falling, guard, lashes, security, trees