Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Tech, Movies & Video Games Discuss technology, movies and video games here.

Old 14-09-2016, 01:27 PM #1
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Henry
BB7: Nikki

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Henry
BB7: Nikki

Default Bioware, Maxis and several studios merged into EA Worldwide Studios

The world is changing around us – games are now a part of the lives of nearly three billion people, while a convergence of technologies is opening up even more ways to play. Now more than ever we have a responsibility to put our Players First. We have already made a number of important changes over the past year that have helped reshape marketing and publishing, and launch new initiatives in competitive gaming. Today, we are announcing additional updates to our organizational structure that are designed to strengthen our studios and technology platform:

The formation of EA Worldwide Studios. At a time when players are engaged in games across more devices, the tenets of making great HD and mobile experiences are converging. Our ability to blend our strengths to deliver amazing games across genres, geographies and platforms, in a networked environment, is central to our future success. EA Worldwide Studios will bring together our top creative talent in all of our great studios to work on EA’s powerful brand portfolio and new IP. EA Mobile and Maxis will join this central studios organization led by Patrick Söderlund. Samantha Ryan, who will now report to Patrick, will continue to lead our Mobile and Maxis teams. Sam will also take on leadership of BioWare, where her love for RPGs and experience with open-world adventure games is an outstanding fit to work with Aaryn Flynn and his great team.

The Frostbite team joins our Technology organization. Our drive to power everything we do at EA with world-class technology has never been stronger. Players expect innovative, stable and secure experiences, and the strong combination of our Frostbite engine and our digital platform will make this possible. As a result, our central Frostbite Engine team will move to the CTO group led by Ken Moss.

Every day, I am inspired by our work, our achievements, and the opportunity in front of us to accomplish even more incredible things for Electronic Arts and for our players.

EA Games

RIP Bioware and Maxis
Old 14-09-2016, 02:29 PM #2
Mr Rocket League

Mr Rocket League

Bioware no

They were innocent, they gave us KOTOR and Mass Effect and you treat them like pawns in your little monopoly piece of game developer possession. Go straight pass go EA, go straight pass go and collect your $100 dollars for owning all my favourite franchises. I hate you EA and I'm gonna boycott all your products from now on. After I buy FIFA of course...no after Mass Effect Andromeda, then I'm gonna boycott you. I hate you EA

Oh well I'm off to download the new FIFA demo. So excited.
Kyle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-09-2016, 03:51 PM #3
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen

Maxis and Bioware have been effectively absorbed for a long time now... I'm sure a lot of the original employees are gone or have been shifted to other projects
Maru is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
bioware, ea, maxis, merged, studios, worldwide