Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB8 Big Brother 8 was won by Brian Belo. Post about 2007's series here.

Closed Thread

Old 13-08-2007, 06:11 PM #1

Default Big Brother Highlights Discussion (August 13th 2007)

Tonight on Big Brother
All housemates are up for eviction and so they get spiritual and face their first mind task to try and win immunity, Brian gives a lecture on the benefits of music videos ('hot girls dancing in bikinis') and tells housemates that he 'won' the IQ test and Ziggy becomes 'a guru' and secures immunity.

Discuss live, here!
Old 13-08-2007, 06:25 PM #2
smile:)

You're getting in early aren't you. lol.
Old 13-08-2007, 06:31 PM #3

Quote:
Originally posted by Noel
Yes, I had to. Because some other doughnut posted all of tonight's transcript before 10 oclock breaking channel 4's embargo and had disguised it as a highlights discussion thread. So I opened this so that people didn't discuss it in there and therefore be exposed early to tonight's highlights.
Old 13-08-2007, 06:42 PM #4

I hope Carole plays a part in tonight's show.
Old 13-08-2007, 06:44 PM #5

Ohhh. Lol. Sorry.
Old 13-08-2007, 08:24 PM #6

Sounds quite good tonight, though I may be wrong.
Old 13-08-2007, 08:30 PM #7

Quote:
Originally posted by Bigbrotherin
Quote:
Yes, I had to. Because some other doughnut posted all of tonight's transcript before 10 oclock breaking channel 4's embargo and had disguised it as a highlights discussion thread. So I opened this so that people didn't discuss it in there and therefore be exposed early to tonight's highlights.
No need to be nasty about that other poster. Don't throw a strop because people might mistake their thread for a thread that you were planning on making. What a silly little thing to get worked up about.

And it's not illegal in anyway. A lot of the things show in the highlights were seen in the Live Feed. There would be no Live Feed if it was illegal to know what happens in the highlights before watching them.

And people will read the transcript or ignore it if they want, no-one's being "exposed" to anything.
Old 13-08-2007, 08:33 PM #8

Quote:
Originally posted by Wasted
Quote:
Quote:
No need to be nasty about that other poster. Don't throw a strop because people might mistake their thread for a thread that you were planning on making. What a silly little thing to get worked up about.

And it's not illegal in anyway. A lot of the things show in the highlights were seen in the Live Feed. There would be no Live Feed if it was illegal to know what happens in the highlights before watching them.

And people will read the transcript or ignore it if they want, no-one's being "exposed" to anything.
Don't throw a strop because people might mistake their thread for a thread that you were planning on making. <- What? I'm not throwing a strop, I'm just saying that he posted something that channel 4 asked not be posted before 11pm and therefore I thought I'd better make a seperate thread so's not to draw attention to it.
Old 13-08-2007, 08:36 PM #9

Quote:
Quote:
Insult against Forum member deleted. Don't do it again, or a warning may be given. Kaz.
Old 13-08-2007, 08:39 PM #10

Quote:
Originally posted by Rice_Square
Quote:
Quote:
Insult against Forum member deleted.
Why is everyone having a go at me? I was simply warning you that your not meant to post information from press releases untill the time given and I've had nothing but stick for it.
Old 13-08-2007, 08:41 PM #11

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Don't throw a strop because people might mistake their thread for a thread that you were planning on making. <- What? I'm not throwing a strop, I'm just saying that he posted something that channel 4 asked not be posted before 11pm and therefore I thought I'd better make a seperate thread so's not to draw attention to it.
You're u2uing people threatening to report them (when they've done nothing wrong) and you insulted the other person calling them a "doughnut". You're definitely being very petty and childish about the highlights spoiler being posted, and there is no apparent reason why.

And Channel 4 wouldn't make the spoilers available on the internet if they didn't want them posted. What's the point in it being posted on the internet if they can't be shown elsewhere?

Those same spoilers are always posted at Digital Spy, who are very strict about breaking embargoes. If it was breaking an embargo, threads containing the spoilers would be banned, but they're not, which is why I doubt this is breaking the embargo.
Old 13-08-2007, 08:41 PM #12

well you are the one being a prick U2uing people saying im going to report you
Old 13-08-2007, 08:45 PM #13

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You're u2uing people threatening to report them (when they've done nothing wrong) and you insulted the other person calling them a "doughnut". You're definitely being very petty and childish about the highlights spoiler being posted, and there is no apparent reason why.

And Channel 4 wouldn't make the spoilers available on the internet if they didn't want them posted. What's the point in it being posted on the internet if they can't be shown elsewhere?

Those same spoilers are always posted at Digital Spy, who are very strict about breaking embargoes. If it was breaking an embargo, threads containing the spoilers would be banned, but they're not, which is why I doubt this is breaking the embargo.
It's not posted on the internet, it's e-mailed to press members and to quote channel 4 regarding the embargo on that press release:
"*** PLEASE NOTE THIS INFORMATION IS STRICTLY EMBARGOED UNTIL 11.05PM TONIGHT (MONDAY 13 AUGUST). PLEASE RESPECT THIS EMBARGO AND DO NOT POST ANY INFORMATION ON ANY WEBSITES OR WEB FORUMS UNTIL AFTER
THE EMBARGO TIME STATED ***"
^that is quoted from the top of the press release he posted.
I did not threaten him, I warned him. The reason being is that channel 4 may stop issuing such press releases prior to the show if people post them on public forums after being told by channel 4 not to.
Old 13-08-2007, 08:46 PM #14

Quote:
well you are the one being a ***** U2uing people saying Im going to report you
I said that because I didn't want channel 4 seeing that you had posted it and deciding to stop issuing the releases or even worse try to find out who it was that broke the embargo (you). I can assure you I didn't say it to be nasty. Now please let us end this.
Old 13-08-2007, 08:47 PM #15

Well you did threat me you idiot you said im going to report you thats a threat not a warning duh your not very smart are you.
Old 13-08-2007, 08:49 PM #16

Quote:
Well you did threat me you ******** you said Im going to report you thats a threat not a warning duh.
Do so, but I stand by what I said, I meant it as a warning, whether you took it that way or not and I will also report you for calling me a '********' and a '********'.
Old 13-08-2007, 08:51 PM #17

If it is emailed to press members, then they broke the embargo. No-one else.

And if Channel 4 really cared, something would've been done about it by now, those spoilers are even posted on the official Channel 4 forums and lots of other websites.
Old 13-08-2007, 08:54 PM #18

Quote:

And if Channel 4 really cared, something would've been done about it by now, those spoilers are even posted on the official Channel 4 forums and lots of other websites.
I understand that he's not the only one, but he still broke the embargo. I honestly didn't mean the U2U as a threat, only a warning. Now please can we drop it before it gets messy.
Old 13-08-2007, 08:54 PM #19

I dont understand though im not a press member i just got if off a bloody blog this has created to much drama Bigbrotherin just get some help
Old 13-08-2007, 08:55 PM #20

Quote:

No.. they e-mail it early so that we can prepare any articles/reviews/etc of the show after it has aired, they clearly warn those who recieve the e-mail not to post it and he ignored this. again, please drop it.
Old 13-08-2007, 08:56 PM #21

Quote:
I dont understand though Im not a press member i just got if off a bl***y blog this has created to much drama Bigbrotherin just get some help
Well, now you know, so please don't post it again. thank you.
Old 13-08-2007, 08:58 PM #22
Banned

Banned

nobody obey the control freak!
Old 13-08-2007, 09:00 PM #23
Administrator

Administrator

Personal insults against Form members are not tolerated. If they continue, warnings may be issued.

Thread locked.
Closed Thread

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
13th, 2007, august, big brother, discussion, highlights