Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Closed Thread

Old 19-11-2016, 11:13 AM #201

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
Exactly.

I still do not get how this thread, related to Hillary Clinton supporters and the USA election has been taken down a different road and into yet another EU leaving thread.
It's ALL there in the thread Joey if read through chronologically, but:

THE FIRST DEVIATION FROM THE OP SUBJECT ONTO THE EU - POST 98 - BY DEZZY: "Don't forget those hateful remoaners and their sour grapes!"

THE SECOND DEVIATION FROM THE OP SUBJECT ONTO THE EU - POST 102 BY DEZZY: "Most voters are uninformed, they'll make their decisions based on the soundbites and the headlines. That goes for most people on both sides of any vote. Brexit had so much support because the Brexit campaign lied about £350 million being freed up by leaving EU and that leaving would curb immigration which it wouldn't. The actual pros and cons of any election rarely come into it which is likely why Trump won despite the fact that his policies are flawed. People bought into the soundbites rather than the reality."

THE THIRD DEVIATION FROM THE OP SUBJECT ONTO THE EU - A RESPONSE POST 105 BY BRILLOPAD TO DEZZY'S EU POST: "That is beyond patronising. I completely disagree that most voters are uninformed and gullible. People are generally well educated and interested in the politics of their own country because, despite your implications, they have enough sense to know how such policies can influence their lives.

Both sides lied, not least Cameron and Osborne with project fear. I have no doubt that because of Brexit we will retain a tighter control of our borders in the future, to ignore the voters would be political suicide for some and would have enormous negative consequences for the democratic voting system in this country.

You clearly seem to think you know better than most people in this country, but somehow I seriously doubt that."

THE FOURTH DEVIATION FROM THE OP SUBJECT ONTO THE EU - A RESPONSE POST 111 BY JAMES: "From what I can see most people get their opinions on subjects like the EU over a number of years. It's been talked about for ages. Probably nightly TV news is the main source. I doubt political campaigns make much difference actually.

I was looking back, and here is a poll from before the EU referendum campaign that had Leave in the lead - http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/foru...&postcount=882 before any buses with £350 million slogans appeared.

I'm talking about UK politics here - don't know enough about US politics to say much about the reasons for that. Although for what I can see the campaign there was mostly about personality and character of the candidates, with actual policies hardly talked about.

THE FIFTH DEVIATION FROM THE OP SUBJECT ONTO THE EU - A RESPONSE POST 116 BY DEZZY TO JAMES: "It went back and forth for ages iirc and plus it doesn't really disprove what I'm saying about a lot of people not really being informed.

Brexit mostly became a vote on immigration by the end although leaving the EU would have little effect on our immigration policies. Most people likely voted Leave or Remain on that issue alone although neither option would have an affect on it. That's rather uninformed."

AND WHAT WAS THE STIMULUS WHICH BROUGHT ME TO RESPON

THE SIXTH DEVIATION FROM THE OP SUBJECT ONTO THE EU - A RESPONSE POST NUMBER 118 BY KIZZY TO BRILLOPA"....No. joe public does not have a clue what is about to theoretically knee him in the nads concerning brexit."

I hope that this now clarifies the mystery for you Joey.

-

Last edited by kirklancaster; 19-11-2016 at 11:14 AM.
Old 19-11-2016, 11:23 AM #202
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
To be fair on the last page Kirk stated to Joey that his posts were baffling and time consuming.... Maybe Joeys posts are just too detailed and challenging for him?
Considering the post you refer to was in the main an off topic reference to myself, then to question the validity of it is perfectly acceptable.
I think for some to constantly and arrogantly attempt to clearly punch above their weight doesn't do them any favours.
Old 19-11-2016, 11:45 AM #203

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
I posted information from the governments own website which clearly stated we got more out of the EU than we paid in.
You again have misunderstood my previous post, I stated the Joe Public will feel brexit is a huge kick in the nads, it doesn't in any way suggest anything relating to who knew what prior to the referendum does it?
Oh Mother of mine.

You denigrate, decry, castigate, criticise, and denounce THIS Government at every opportunity and accuse it of being dishonest, disreputable and liars - UNTIL - they publish something which fits your erroneous viewpoints.

You 'posted information from the government's OWN website' - information concerning the fiscal benefit of remaining in the EU on the website of a Government who fought tooth and nail to con the Great British Public into voting 'Remain' because that result suited their own very lucrative vested financial interests?

Yeah - OK then.

And backtrack as you may now about your rather sneering and condescending 'Joe Public' post, but given the context and flow of the conversation preceding it, AND your well documented views, it is quite, quite, obvious just what you meant by your post, so I MISUNDERSTOOD NOTHING, and understood only too well, EVERYTHING.

Oh - AND THE FACT THAT THE MAJORITY OF VOTERS did not pay heed TO THE GOVERNMENT'S PROPAGANDA AND LIES, makes a total nonsense of any claim that 'Joe public' is dim-witted, thick, gullible, or ill informed or uninformed, I'd say.

Please Note, by the way that I am referring to your posts and not you personally - just as you are mine.

Last edited by kirklancaster; 19-11-2016 at 11:52 AM.
Old 19-11-2016, 12:16 PM #204
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brillopad View Post
Call it 'coming to the point', isn't that what you asked another poster to do, a poster who you accused of 'writing an essay' in his very detailed and well informed response to a post of yours.

Which is it to be - to the point or adding to the debate with detailed posts - you can't have it both ways. Maybe too detailed is too challenging , so maybe I should be brief and to the point.
So you have nothing to add and can't counter what I've said and are trying to be evasive by getting personal, okay. I'll take it as a sign of you giving up.

Last edited by Tom4784; 19-11-2016 at 12:17 PM.
Old 19-11-2016, 12:26 PM #205
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklancaster View Post
Oh Mother of mine.

You denigrate, decry, castigate, criticise, and denounce THIS Government at every opportunity and accuse it of being dishonest, disreputable and liars - UNTIL - they publish something which fits your erroneous viewpoints.

You 'posted information from the government's OWN website' - information concerning the fiscal benefit of remaining in the EU on the website of a Government who fought tooth and nail to con the Great British Public into voting 'Remain' because that result suited their own very lucrative vested financial interests?

Yeah - OK then.

And backtrack as you may now about your rather sneering and condescending 'Joe Public' post, but given the context and flow of the conversation preceding it, AND your well documented views, it is quite, quite, obvious just what you meant by your post, so I MISUNDERSTOOD NOTHING, and understood only too well, EVERYTHING.

Oh - AND THE FACT THAT THE MAJORITY OF VOTERS did not pay heed TO THE GOVERNMENT'S PROPAGANDA AND LIES, makes a total nonsense of any claim that 'Joe public' is dim-witted, thick, gullible, or ill informed or uninformed, I'd say.

Please Note, by the way that I am referring to your posts and not you personally - just as you are mine.

I do rubbish this govt yes, their politics do not gel with me ideologically. However, if you choose not to trust the gov on something as simple as figures on a website, mocking them as propaganda and lies.... I would think it says more about you that you are prepared to suppose they are telling the truth then 100% regarding brexit and their promise it will not impact on us negatively?....

Last edited by Tom4784; 19-11-2016 at 01:16 PM.
Closed Thread

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
hillary, liberal, peaceful, supporters, tolerant