Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB19 Celebrity Big Brother January 2017 [CBB 19] [All Stars and New Stars] was won by Coleen Nolan.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 31-12-2016, 08:32 PM #1
I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Tom
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Tom
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Default Jasmine Lennard was axed for offensive comments

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbi...slim-comments/

MODEL Jasmine Lennard was axed from Celebrity Big Brother days before the show starts after being accused of making anti-Muslim comments.

The star, 31, had agreed a sum close to six figures with Channel 5 bosses but while preparing to enter the house the offer was withdrawn.

Jasmine Lennard had agreed a sum close to six figures with Channel 5 bosses
Execs said they were removing her after they discovered “Islamaphobic” as well as “transphobic” comments on her social media.

Last year the show had to throw out Christopher Biggins for making an anti-semitic slur at Jewish singer Katie Waissel.

A source said: “Big Brother bosses were desperate to sign Jasmine and spent months courting her and upped their initial financial offer significantly.

“It seems crazy that they would have invested that much effort if they were not aware she had sparked Twitter controversies over the last few years.

“Finally she accepted their offer and was given the details about filming but then Big Brother did a complete 180 and said the offer was being retracted due to Islamaphobic and transphobic remarks.

“They’ve been asked countless times to clarify what exactly the remarks are but have refused.

“The show is locked in a legal battle with Jasmine who feels they are using the remarks as a scapegoat for another reason and that they should honour their agreement and pay the money.”

One of Jasmine’s comments said to be under scrutiny includes: “All Muslims may not be terrorists but all terrorists are Muslim.”

Another post believed to be offensive was made in 2015 regarding Caitlyn Jenner’s ongoing gender reassignment.

Jasmine wrote: “Call me old fashioned, call me ignorant whatever you like you know i’m an honest person and i really can’t pretend that i think that’s ok on any level.”

However, other celebrities who have made similarly controversial remarks were still pursued by show chiefs, including Katie Hopkins and Spencer Pratt.

Spoiler:

[/CENTER]

Last edited by Denver; 31-12-2016 at 08:35 PM.
Denver is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
axed, comments, jasmine, lennard, offensive, waltz